Cuban plane crashes.

This and the school shooting in the same day?

I'm praying for them all... :(

Damn that sucks, but the article says it's a 30 year old plane. No way I'd step onto a 30 year old plane.

Is there a political angle here?

I think its about crumbling communist infrastructure they maybe having problems with maintaining their Boeing 737s.

Same situation with North Korean dictator Kim X he cant attend the summit in Singapore and Prince Harry's wedding because they dont have big passenger plances in N.Korea that can carry that weight.

We still believe the myth that Cuba is poor because of sanctions and not because of a shitty economic system?

"Poorness" has absolutely nothing to do with the ability to buy parts from Boeing.

Iran and North Korea has the same issues, even in the poorest countries the aviation industry is usually self-sustaining.

Damn that sucks, but the article says it's a 30 year old plane. No way I'd step onto a 30 year old plane.
You most likely already have. Delta and United still operate 700 series 737s built in the early 90s. The MD-88 and DC-9 fleets are 80s vintage. Any general aviation airplane is well over 30 years old, so if you’ve ever flown in a Piper cub or something like that. If you’ve flown in a military cargo aircraft it’s likely to be pushing 30. Airplanes can last a long time with proper maintenence. There are warbirds still kicking it just as well as they were in the 40s.

You most likely already have. Delta and United still operate 700 series 737s built in the early 90s. The MD-88 and DC-9 fleets are 80s vintage. Any general aviation airplane is well over 30 years old, so if you’ve ever flown in a Piper cub or something like that. If you’ve flown in a military cargo aircraft it’s likely to be pushing 30. Airplanes can last a long time with proper maintenence. There are warbirds still kicking it just as well as they were in the 40s.

Shit didn't know that. I remember seeing pictures of the 50's cars in Cuba it blowing my mind. They must have some great mechanics there lol

Shit didn't know that. I remember seeing pictures of the 50's cars in Cuba it blowing my mind. They must have some great mechanics there lol
It’s all about how you take care of things. There are friends I have who have relatively new cars, but their tires are worn to the cords, and I won’t ride with them. I have others who drive some classics who I feel perfectly safe with because I know they take care of them.

I think the issue is always getting parts, since its not like there is a big market for aircraft parts, so its quite likely that these companies dont want to risk getting on a list for selling things to the Cuban regime.

Im also reading that it was a mexican plane from a shady company leased to Cuba? how does that even works, who knows, probably something to do with getting around sanctions.

Reading more about it in spanish news it seems that there has been maintenance issues associated with the embargo.

Once before boarding a plane out of Habana the same guy who was pushing the bags around and throwing them onboard was the same guy inspecting the different colored fuselage.....not exactly a confidence booster

"Poorness" has absolutely nothing to do with the ability to buy parts from Boeing.

Iran and North Korea has the same issues, even in the poorest countries the aviation industry is usually self-sustaining.
Fair enough

You've never been on a plane that still has ashtrays? Smoking on planes has been banned since '88.

Back