Cure for obesity?

ufc21

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Question to members that know a lot about ped and gear in general. The music industry didn't c Napster coming and the taxi industry didn't c Uber coming. If a cure for obesity is coming in the future to upend the gym industry, and allow me to eat whatever I want and get a six pack, where is it likely to come from? Will it be genetic manipulation, a straight up shot or pill, stem cells... when I look at fighters the past 20 years before steroids and after there seems to be a huge difference in how they look. Will there come a point where they crack the code to all these drugs and cure obesity for good, or will it come from a completely different source

I'm peripherally involved with a gut bacterial transplant trial that is given to obese people and appears to work.

What is your opinion on Baobab fruit as a prebiotic.....

I've never even heard of it TBH. I'll look it up though.

There are bacteria being discovered every day and their functions to normal human function is largely unknown. 9 yrs ago we had a meeting with a couple of the leading microbiome researchers, and the group at UCSF was already doing bacteria array screens of 25,000 bacteria.

Just consider that 99% of the DNA material in your body is not human. It's in the bacteria in your body that you need to live.

There are bacteria being discovered every day and their functions to normal human function is largely unknown. 9 yrs ago we had a meeting with a couple of the leading microbiome researchers, and the group at UCSF was already doing bacteria array screens of 25,000 bacteria.

Just consider that 99% of the DNA material in your body is not human. It's in the bacteria in your body that you need to live.
That's why I have yogurt or kefir almost every single day. Really helps with digestion, all those nice friendly bacteria. ;)

I personally don't believe exercise is all that effective at bringing about weight loss. I imagine gyms will remain doing well if an easy medical cure for weight loss was found. Most likely many in the medical community today would say they have cure for obesity with bariatric surgery, cutting the size of the stomach.

I imagine there are many ways one becomes overweight - foods, drugs, etc. Body set point is an interesting theory to me.

I've never even heard of it TBH. I'll look it up though.

Apparently there's African tribes that consume it as part of their staple diet and they have bacterial densities 4 x higher than anyone else.

Apparently there's African tribes that consume it as part of their staple diet and they have bacterial densities 4 x higher than anyone else.

It could be a lot of things that lead to that bacterial count, including their genetics/epigenetics. 4x bacteria may not be good for you and me but essential for those people from the tribes you referred to.

Just googleing that fruit I see a lot of nutriceutical companies pop up which makes me think it's a marketing push. Maybe it's legit, maybe not. Probably not harmful in reasonable portions so you should try it and see if it benefits you.

Best cure for obesity:
fasting for more than 36 hours (the more the better, but don't exceed 7 days) with only:
- Water
- Supplements of Potassium, Magnesium
- Sodium (salt)
- Bullet Proof Coffee

That's it.

Then break the fast with only protein (steak), butter, Mushrooms, Eggs, Avocados, Salads and fatty healthy products (salmon, olive oil ...)
No carbs and no sugar.

Repeat this cycle for at least 1 or 2 months (depends how much you weigh).
100% results guaranteed.

This process will reduce drastically the level of insulin and stimulate the metabolism.
And it will cost you nothing. In fact you will save money.

Last edited:
Best cure for obesity:
fasting for more than 36 hours with only:
- Water
- Supplements of Potassium, Magnesieum
- Sodium (salt)
- Bullet Proof Coffee

That's it.

Then break the fast with only protein (steak), butter, Mushroom, Eggs, Avovado and fatty healthy products.

Repeat this cycle for at least 1 month.

This.

And if I could add two more details -

1. Complete removal of alcohol from their diet.

2. Severe reductions of the amount of daily sugar intake, to a maximum of 9 teaspoons for men and 6 teaspoons for women.

While it'd be nice to imagine millions of obese people cutting down their diet to just 7 or 8 things, that might be asking too much. But widening their variety of things to eat may be helpful in leading them to a healthier lifestyle.

Your small list of foods would give them the faster results, no doubt, but its keeping them on the diet past a week, then a month, then however long it takes for them to get over their sugar addiction will lead to the best long-lasting results.

This.

And if I could add two more details -

1. Complete removal of alcohol from their diet.

2. Severe reductions of the amount of daily sugar intake, to a maximum of 9 teaspoons for men and 6 teaspoons for women.

While it'd be nice to imagine millions of obese people cutting down their diet to just 7 or 8 things, that might be asking too much. But widening their variety of things to eat may be helpful in leading them to a healthier lifestyle.

Your small list of foods would give them the faster results, no doubt, but its keeping them on the diet past a week, then a month, then however long it takes for them to get over their sugar addiction will lead to the best long-lasting results.

I edited my posts with additional infos.

That is the only way to go for Obesity and people fighting Insulin Resistance.
Fastest and safest process to get rid of the excess of fat.
Avoid metformin (it's a killer and doesn't solve anything). In fact Metformin has severe side effects such as Alzheimer.

Last edited:
I edited my posts with additional infos.

That is the only way to go for Obesity and people fighting Insulin Resistance.
Fastest and safest process to get rid of the excess of fat.
Avoid metformin (it's a killer and doesn't solve anything). In fact Metform has severe side effects such as Alzheimer.

That's used to treat people with Type-2 Diabedes, right?

How am I supposed to go 36 hours wo eating. I will be starving

lol @ steroids being what affects look. Diet is easily 80% of the work. Don’t believe the Instagram :eek::eek::eek:s who post photos of them with shit food. Unless they’re posting live videos and the sit there with you for six hours, they’re not eating it.

How am I supposed to go 36 hours wo eating. I will be starving
People are fasting 72 hours +.
No problem if you have extra fat, you will never die even after 10 days.

What you need is water and minerals (magnesium, potassium and sodium).
The source of energy is stocked in the body, and the body will take it to survive.

In order to fast extended period of time, you should do it gradually.

First 3-7 days, stop eating breakfast
Next 3-7 days, stop breakfast and lunch, only eat at dinner with high content of healthy fat, without calorie restrictions but avoid by all means sugar and carbs. Follow the Keto Diet.
Next 3-7 days, start doing 24 hours fast.
Eat from 5-6 PM and fast from 6+ PM until next day 5-6 PM.
Avoid eating late at night to be able to sleep properly.

Then go increase gradually until you get use to it.
You will have great results within the first month.

Tip: In order to cop with the hunger you can prepare some Bullet Proof Coffee (ingredients can be found online) twice a day. It will give you enough energy to overcome your hunger without spoiling the results of the fast (no increase in insulin).

Last edited:
People are fasting 72 hours +.
No problem if you have extra fat, you will never die even after 10 days.

My mother has head and neck cancer and is down to 40kg. H&N cancer closes the esophagus so you can't eat. The palliative care doc said that at the point that she stops eating, she'll probably die in 30 days but he's seen it go as much as 90 days! WTF?

So ya, I think you're good with fasting for 10 days.

The cure is to stop being fat

Back