Current Anthony Joshua vs. Early Lennox Lewis.

Yes. It's arbitrary. One question. At what point did wlad an ATG look better than he did in the Joshua fight? I think that's the marker right there.

Age is just a number.

I think you'll be digging quite far back to see him being better than that. So it is arbitrary.

You'd agree that there's *some* age range at which a fighter is no longer able to compete at the elite level?

If so, why wouldn't early 40s be the period of decline? Even gracefully ageing heavyweights who benefited from modern training like Foreman and Vitali were inferior at that age to their younger selves.

EDIT: edited second paragraph to clarify.

Last edited:
You'd agree that there's *some* age range at which a fighter is no longer able to compete at the elite level?

If so, why wouldn't early 40s be the period of decline? Even gracefully ageing heavyweights who benefited from modern training like Foreman and Vitali were inferior at that age to their younger selves.

EDIT: edited second paragraph to clarify.
Mate. I've just literally responded as to why that particular instance was arbitrary and felt like I explained it well. In that instance which is what we are all reffering to wlad was at the best he had been in years and age in that fight would just be seen as being arbitrary.

I also urge you to go back and see when wlad was better than that and at what age.

Hence making age irrelevant

Mate. I've just literally responded as to why that particular instance was arbitrary and felt like I explained it well. In that instance which is what we are all reffering to wlad was at the best he had been in years and age in that fight would just be seen as being arbitrary.

I also urge you to go back and see when wlad was better than that and at what age.

Im only asking because its worth a thought, but couldnt the level of opponent be a determining factor in how Wlad looked also?

I mean the dude did look like dog shit in the two fights previously.

Still think he looked awesome and was a very good win for AJ, but he wasnt peak Wlad either.

Im only asking because its worth a thought, but couldnt the level of opponent be a determining factor in how Wlad looked also?

I mean the dude did look like dog shit in the two fights previously.

Still think he looked awesome and was a very good win for AJ, but he wasnt peak Wlad either.
Yea absolutely it could be. And that response wasn't aimed at you. But thanks for answering.

But by the other guys responses that's all they were using it as. An arbitrary number.

I know we all get at each other's throats and can't be bothered to explain fully usually leading to rucktions. So yea anyways.

I'd give Joshua a good shot. I think he's more calm and composed. Has big size and mass and for me in putting wlad in there against Lewis to judge it.

What do you you think of 21-0 lewis vs the Joshua wlad would be like? Honestly?

Fair enough. I'd say Wlad's best performances -- based on the level of his opposition -- came in his post-Peter run, until about 2011.

He didn't look smooth during that stretch, but he completely shut down a lot of good guys. I think he was already showing signs of slowing down against Haye, who was exactly the kind of fighter to give a bigger, older champion trouble.

I admit you may be right. If Joshua continues to beat his opposition decisively, Wlad's performance might go down like Ezzard's against Marciano: a last brilliant fight where he pulled it all together again. But until that happens, I think it's very reasonable to take what we know about most aging heavyweights into account for Wlad. Since it's also possible -- as others mentioned -- that Joshua was green enough to allow a veteran to look better than he was.

Last edited:
Joshua right now has changed a bit. He seems to be more reticent to engage and less willing to force the issue. Of course, defense is important. I think Lewis dictates the pace and then Joshua gets cracked by a right hand. Sooner or later Joshua loses.

I honestly don’t think lennox was near as complete as some of you guys think at that point in his career

Again. frank bruno was serving his ass to him until brunos lack of a chin failed him. And ruddock looked completley afraid of him. It was bizzare. And to be real honest, its not like Ruddock was some world beater

Lennox wrecks him, as the others have said

Boxing may be the only sport which has gotten worse in the last 15 years

Obviously sports like track and field/swimming are always gonna be improving but there's no one in today's boxing that is on the level of a RJJ, Tyson, Lewis etc EXCEPT Loma, who's on his way to being a top 15 GOAT

Back