Current consensus on Tiger Muay Thai?

The crazy lady with the gun thing?
No just in general like the clientele is kind of the typical UFC bro, but I personally haven't tried it, just hear from people not to go just like Tiger. Have you been? If you have, could you shed some light?

No just in general like the clientele is kind of the typical UFC bro, but I personally haven't tried it, just hear from people not to go just like Tiger. Have you been? If you have, could you shed some light?

Never been but I sent one of my good friends who has never trained before to go train with my old instructor from out here (Lerdsila/Mr Lightning). Dude came up with Saenchai at Jocky gym and has a similar style so he'd be great to learn off of...although that style is unrealistic for most normal people lol. I think they've been eating and drinking more than training haha. Said the facilities are nice enough and didn't have any issues with the gun lady. I think their boxing coach is a Thai with a current WBC belt beltholder.

There's other gyms I want to check out when I go back to Thailand but I do want to at least try a session or two and spar with Lightning again. His lean back/fades are a thing of beauty...makes my lower back ache just looking at it lol:

Damn he looks lightning fast!! Couldn't stop myself... I have already booked Sinbi, but I will try again next year at various other gyms... Will try PTT and Tiger the two infamous gyms!

Any gym in Pattaya is better than Phuket with an added bonus; you get to watch 70 pound Thai girls who enjoy being boned by 70 year old men walk by.

Any gym in Pattaya is better than Phuket with an added bonus; you get to watch 70 pound Thai girls who enjoy being boned by 70 year old men walk by.
yeah it makes for great entertainment.

i saw this young farang guy in pattaya at a bar who was quite handsome with an ugly old thai ladyboy sitting on his lap, he must have been pretty desperate, i was laughing

I don't like TMT. They spar too much like twice a day but they have really nice facilities. Maybe it's me but I don't like sparring with randoms all the time. At this point of my life, it isn't worth the concussion.

Sitsongpeenong is the best for sure.
And who has training for serious competition

Last edited:
no idea why this thread has been revived but I was in Thailand early this year - TMT has great facilities and very qualified coaches...just too bad none of these coaches can be bothered teaching you seriously...

I trained at TMT, the training was good, not too much people in the morning class a lot more in the afternoon, great facility, sparring was Monday Wednesday and Friday I think, boxing the morning and muaythai the afternoon.
The pad session thought wasn't 3 minutes felt more than a minute than 3 and the mat stink sweat.

Never been there. But i think they have got better over time. Probably a good gym now.

Never been there. But i think they have got better over time. Probably a good gym now.

It's still full of Farang last I heard, with good trainers that are just not interested.......... you're better off with some place that Thai's actually train at but with a few Farang thrown in, so you know it's still friendly.......

Tmts problem is that there are a lot of foreigners and pro foreigners training there and the coaches only care about the pros of course.

Ptt is great a couple guys from my gym trained there

A few years ago, everyone and their dogs were saying not to go to Tiger Muay Thai, because - I don't really know actually.

I am planning a trip to Phuket this summer in August, and am wondering if the current consensus is still not to go Tiger.

Currently, I am planning to go to Sinbi otherwise, but will consider Sitsongpeenong -which others also said was a money making scheme, but one guy posted a great review.

Not really asking for which gyms I should go to, just am wondering what you guys think of Tiger now?

It depends on your level and what you are looking to get out of it.

Tiger is not a bad place for complete beginners or people looking to mix it up with boxing,BJJ, s&c etc..It’s also not too bad if your looking to fight.

However it is full of westerners and the trainers won’t give you the best training as hundreds of people come and go through that place on a weekly basis.

So if your looking for authentic Muay Thai, want to train along other Thai’s, and get the full experience don’t go to TMT.

A few years ago, everyone and their dogs were saying not to go to Tiger Muay Thai, because - I don't really know actually.

I am planning a trip to Phuket this summer in August, and am wondering if the current consensus is still not to go Tiger.

Currently, I am planning to go to Sinbi otherwise, but will consider Sitsongpeenong -which others also said was a money making scheme, but one guy posted a great review.

Not really asking for which gyms I should go to, just am wondering what you guys think of Tiger now?

i have never been so i cant speak from personal experience.

i also have never been to sitsongpeenong.

that being said I have trained with a few guys that trained at sitsongppenong and they were nothing special. Thats not to say that sitsongpeenong isnt a great gym, but if your staying there for a holiday, or training holiday, how much can you learn in that short period of time? If the best coach in the world trained 110% 7 days a week 3 x a day for 1 month, sure you will improve, but not greatly. its just not possible. improvement takes time and consistency.

I think the same thing could be said for tiger muay thai as well. They have great coaches and Im sure if you stayed for 6 months and fought for them it would be a great place. But they largely cater to foreigners training on holiday: come in and hit some pads and then go out and party.

All the gyms have qualified coaches.I think it will mainly come down to whether the gym is willing to invest any real time in you or are you just going to be another one of countless foreigners that shows up for a week that they go through the motions on the pads with, tell you good job, then off to the next.

Whether they are willing to put some effort into you i think will come down to your skill level. Top level pro fighter for your country? Planning to fight while there? They will probably work with you more than if you are a total beginner.

I think the question would be to aks yourself what category and skill level you fall into, and what your looking to get out of it and then make your decision from there. If its holiday training your looking for, go to a holiday gym. If your looking for a gym with a stable of fighters, you may want to choose a more fight oriented gym.

these are just my thoughts and opinions and I have not trained at either gymn so take it with a grain of salt.

The gyms I personally have for myself are sitjaopho, sitmonchai, :eek::eek::eek:roup, and kiatmoo9

There is a website with reviews of many thai gyms by people that have trained there. this website may help you make a decision

https://muaythaicampsthailand.com/

Great camp with great trainers, I just been there last month. It is a larger operation with many benefits. They know how to make you a better fighter. At first I was at Asia Muay Thai in Rawai, that is in my opinion a place to avoid. horrible experience there.

Where is the best place for a guy that is trying to incorporate more Muay Thai into his MMA base to train in Thailand? I have more of a boxing, wrestling and BJJ base. I have tried to learn some Muay Thai where I could. I am going to Bangkok in a couple of months and I may go back at the end of the year. I'd like to go back to Phuket sometime. I am going back to Pattaya in 2020

I don't like TMT. They spar too much like twice a day but they have really nice facilities. Maybe it's me but I don't like sparring with randoms all the time. At this point of my life, it isn't worth the concussion.

Sparring is how you get better man. How else are you going to apply the drills you learn in class?

i think they have some legit trainers at TMT but whenever the gym comes up, i've only heard stories about how:
1) many casuals there just trying it out on their vacation so some trainers as a result don't put too much effort into it
2) they spar too hard
3) too mma based

personally, i would like to go check it out and learn some muay boran from kru oh

my friend went to sitsongpeenong phuket last april and he said it was too "touristy" and the training was so-so. he was also there during songkran and they shut the gym down for the entire week (training which he paid for)

Back