Custom Gloves: Ringside, BillBoxing, Zepol

Yeah Mino, I second the question. Was there a price difference in layered and IMF?

Also, just to give everyone a heads-up, Topboxer just told me that he now has very high quality Aquamarine colored leather if anyone is a fan of that color!

No, there was no price difference. And at that time, layered foam was the standard that was offered.

And for sparring purposes, which of the 2 types of padding are the sparring partners least likely to complain about? Also, Mino I'm under the assumption that you own BOTH versions of Bill's gloves, layered foam and IMF

You can't go wrong with either in bills gloves to be honest.

And for sparring purposes, which of the 2 types of padding are the sparring partners least likely to complain about? Also, Mino I'm under the assumption that you own BOTH versions of Bill's gloves, layered foam and IMF

Yes, youd be correct. Imagine it will depend on the density and softness/hardness of the IMF, which you can request be changed. One pair of IMF gloves I had were quite hard, and another quite soft. Layered foam gloves I have are in 10oz too so its not easy for me to say. I think in 16oz theyd be fine for sparring but youd be landing well on your knuckles so more of a punchers glove

feel free to ask anything...and sorry if i contradict with someone as my purpose is to just share my knowledge and experience with the filed being a manufacturer and i don,t claim my sayings to be 100 % correct because there is always a space for improvements and mistakes.
only God is perfect!!!
thanks guys for your support and appreciation of our work.
God bless us all
ameen

Last edited:
I read the whole argument and just re read 6 pages back again. The question this all boils down to is: what the fuck just happened?

Basically kounter was trolling pissed off bill, it was a waste of time. Kounter later got banned in a different thread.

Basically kounter was trolling pissed off bill, it was a waste of time. Kounter later got banned in a different thread.

Ahh the ever elusive and always present internet troll. Btw strat I got Ur pm and I'm even more undecided than before lol.

Lemme know what I can clear up brosif, I'm bored anyhow. So you won't bother me I'm doing absolutely nothing ATM. So pm me brah!

we have been making gloves for generations and trust me its just a myth that layered are superior to IMF.
both are purposed for different things, for sparing or bag work IMF are the best provided your manufacturer uses the best quality IMF that i believe we do.
for fight purpose use layered foam gloves

It all depends on what materials one uses. And also what meaning the "protection" has got. If "your knuckles never go through = the best protection" then definitely IMF is super protective. If by "protection " is meant shock absorption then it is not quite so.
If the layered foam is made of superb materials of different densities like in Winning gloves then it can provide superb performance and durability, much better than any IMF I have tried.
Claiming IMF is the Zikkurat of current padding technology is (speaking softly) an overkill.
IMF is still a good and a cheap choice for sparring.

Last edited:
Awesome review, thanks for taking the time to type that out.

this was the very first pair i used the maroon color leather...i did,nt know it will be liked that much by you folks

Oh yeah Maroon is a throw back color, a lot of people like the old stuff. Classic stuff is never forgotten!

I have to say I have a pair of Muhammad's Winning inspired gloves (they do not belong to me, will ship them this week to their hopefully happy owner :)) made with this maroon leather (of the highest grade)... WOW! This leather is AMAZING. Super thick, soft, awesome texture. No words do justice.

Is the maroon leather going to be the stock option for the winning inspired Topboxer gloves?

Back