Custom mouth guard suggestions

Italianfighter

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Which costum mouth guard company would you suggest?

Near to me there is a dentistry who makes super high-tech (like with carbon fiber inside) mouthguards for UFC/pro boxing/K1 athletes. The price is 400 Euros, they don't pay them because they are sponsored..... I have to pay I don't if it worths...

I've found a company in USA who make custom mouth guards for 99 USD, the name is Damage control.

I was also thinking to take a mouth mold from a dentist and them send it to them for preventing mistakes using the home kit.....

What do you think about damage control?

Do you know other brands?

do not fuck around when it comes to this.. go to your dentist

single greatest purchase.. along side my steel cup when it comes to training

I got a Gladiator Guard and I really like it. It is probably similar to what Damage Control does.

Who wears mouthguards? Losing teeth is a badge of honor, I only have 1 tooth left.

@Pope Leo VII do you have an alert set up any time someone asks about mouth guards?

I want to do a search to see how many times this has happened...

@Pope Leo VII do you have an alert set up any time someone asks about mouth guards?

I want to do a search to see how many times this has happened...

spit my coffee out laughing at this..

havent ventured into these forums in quite some time.. glad to see nothing changes

amusing, how time after time the same old questions pop up. do people forget what the search button is for?

better yet, I dont know why you would fuck around when it comes to your health when theres all this dope ass gear available

Thanks for advices..... so better spending 400 euros and having a "UFC mouthguard"?

Thanks for advices..... so better spending 400 euros and having a "UFC mouthguard"?

The the very best your money can afford. I dunno about EUR400 for carbon fibre though. It's been awhile since I've looked into mouthguards so this new technology is way out there to me

i use a shurfit boil and bite. its a higher quality boil and bite. i highly suggest it. they also make custom mouthguards as well.

400 euros is insane price

there are many companies that will make you a custom mouth guard for 100 usd or so. just search around.

I have heard of damage control and gladiator, never used them, but i think they should be fine.

do your research on how they are made, and you will see that its relatively easy and simple process and basically all the guys are doing the same thing the same way more or less

the trick is in their marketing

do you want the ultra mouthguard or the ultra superior deluxe with lights.

Last edited:
The guy that used to do DLH's mouthguards... it got to the point where the guy was apparently charging $15,000 for the custom mouth pieces. DLH's manager at one point said forget that, but they ended up purchasing from the same guy.

I use a custom piece made by Dr. DeMartino. I've had it for about five years now, and it's still perfect. Not sure how much they cost, but I know that they aren't cheap. The thing about the mouthpiece is that it's a hybrid setup, in that I can bite down fully with my molars but only the top is covered in the front, which allows me to talk and breath with ease. I don't have to clamp down on the piece either - I can be pretty relaxed and know my jaw will stay locked in. I feel like I have an unfair advantage whenever I get in there with someone that has a boil and bite.

I've played through the scenario in my head a few times, and the one piece of equipment that is irreplaceable in my gym bag for me is my mouthpiece. I will literally travel with just the piece and could care less what gloves/headgear/groin protector I'll use.

The guy that used to do DLH's mouthguards... it got to the point where the guy was apparently charging $15,000 for the custom mouth pieces. DLH's manager at one point said forget that, but they ended up purchasing from the same guy.

I use a custom piece made by Dr. DeMartino. I've had it for about five years now, and it's still perfect. Not sure how much they cost, but I know that they aren't cheap. The thing about the mouthpiece is that it's a hybrid setup, in that I can bite down fully with my molars but only the top is covered in the front, which allows me to talk and breath with ease. I don't have to clamp down on the piece either - I can be pretty relaxed and know my jaw will stay locked in. I feel like I have an unfair advantage whenever I get in there with someone that has a boil and bite.

I've played through the scenario in my head a few times, and the one piece of equipment that is irreplaceable in my gym bag for me is my mouthpiece. I will literally travel with just the piece and could care less what gloves/headgear/groin protector I'll use.

That's a crazy coincidence, I use a mouthguard made out of Dr DeMartino :O

i use a shurfit boil and bite. its a higher quality boil and bite. i highly suggest it. they also make custom mouthguards as well.

400 euros is insane price

there are many companies that will make you a custom mouth guard for 100 usd or so. just search around.

I have heard of damage control and gladiator, never used them, but i think they should be fine.

do your research on how they are made, and you will see that its relatively easy and simple process and basically all the guys are doing the same thing the same way more or less

the trick is in their marketing

do you want the ultra mouthguard or the ultra superior deluxe with lights.

Thanks for your reply.

Yeah 400 Euros is a very high price, but is the normal price that you pay from a dentist..

Indeed the dentist doesn't make it he has a nurse that take you the mouth mould, and he has a dental technician who makes it (or another company), he probably pays it 100 Euro, then he will sell for 400 for making profit... (considering also taxes on it, and dental office expenses)

UFC guys are sponsored, I think also this dentistry sponsors them too, so they don't pay any mouthguards...

Anyway from dentist (if he is good) you should have the guarantee that the mouth guard is well done and fits perfectly like a tailored suit! Indeed you pay the surplus!

I've read here an old thread here in which was written that custom made mouthguards with "home made kit" are not so accurate, because they only take a shape of teeth and not all mouth like a dentist does.

Anyway Damage control looks a serious company....

Last edited:
Thanks for your reply.

Yeah 400 Euros is a very high price, but is the normal price that you pay from a dentist..

Indeed the dentist doesn't make it he has a nurse that take you the mouth mould, and he has a dental technician who makes it (or another company), he probably pays it 100 Euro, then he will sell for 400 for making profit... (considering also taxes on it, and dental office expenses)

UFC guys are sponsored, I think also this dentistry sponsors them too, so they don't pay any mouthguards...

Anyway from dentist (if he is good) you should have the guarantee that the mouth guard is well done and fits perfectly like a tailored suit! Indeed you pay the surplus!

I've read here an old thread here in which was written that custom made mouthguards with "home made kit" are not so accurate, because they only take a shape of teeth and not all mouth like a dentist does.

Anyway Damage control looks a serious company....

damage control looks good for sure

my shurfit is a boil and bite and must be removed by hand.

the entire custom mouth guard industry is just a bunch of hype IMO. when you get a custom mouthguard I think you are paying for comfort more than anything.

All a mouthguard really does is prevent you from cutting your lips on your teeth, and also help prevent a tooth being knocked loose. I dont think a mouthguard can provide any protection from a KO.

throwing my recommendation out there its slightly bias but I really like gladiator mouthguards. www.gladiatorguards.com Be wary of guards with other material in them Carbon fiber inserts are not biocompatible so should it become exposed your guard is not only no longer usable the material in it is not intended to be in vivo. We looked at this very closely and its too dangerous for the athlete and for our liability.

throwing my recommendation out there its slightly bias but I really like gladiator mouthguards. www.gladiatorguards.com Be wary of guards with other material in them Carbon fiber inserts are not biocompatible so should it become exposed your guard is not only no longer usable the material in it is not intended to be in vivo. We looked at this very closely and its too dangerous for the athlete and for our liability.

Thanks for your reply. I've looked at Gladiator website, their mouthguards look pretty nice, even cheaper than Damage control!

Didn't understand, why be aware about mouth guards with carbon fiber?

Last edited:
easy answer !!

go to your local sporting goods store or Walmart. Pick one out for about 20 bucks .. wear that for a couple weeks and then next thing you know you'll be sitting in your dentist office .

email a quite a few places in your area. then counter offer all of them at 300+ euros. its worth a try

I'm wearing cheap mouthguard since 2007.... now would like to upgrade...

hahaha don't like to make counteroffers, and I think a dentistry will tell you to go to the hell and he would be right... Maybe a cache could be offering payment in cash without receipt in that case he could make a discount since he wouldn't pay taxes, usually it works but he can also tell ok let's do 360... Damage control and gladiators cost about 100 USD..

I'm wearing cheap mouthguard since 2007.... now would like to upgrade...

hahaha don't like to make counteroffers, and I think a dentistry will tell you to go to the hell and he would be right... Maybe a cache could be offering payment in cash without receipt in that case he could make a discount since he wouldn't pay taxes, usually it works but he can also tell ok let's do 360... Damage control and gladiators cost about 100 USD..

UFC has signed a new deal with these guys !!

https://www.opro.com/

Opromouthguards.com

Source:
https://sgbonline.com/ufc-signs-mouthguards-license/

the D30 technology seems legit !!

Back