custom winning gear.

Does anyone have any examples of a white and red combo (in a glove)? I thought these two colours would go well together, e.g. like in this headgear by goldenboy:

Is this a regular red or wine red?

Regular red.

This is wine:

936565_163132917181885_159111645_n.jpg

Closest I could find for white/red.
10354081_810818435604018_6896055074792490961_n.jpg

You can see a few pages back more detail shots, but they are silver, navy and gold.

Not winning, but these should be coming in the mail in a few weeks:

10903443_773755796032167_1231082879_n.jpg

I've had the velcro gloves for over 7 months. They've been used on mitts, all types of heavy bags.

They still function perfectly as the first day I received them. Very sticky velcro, doesn't scratch people when I spar them- overall, very pleased.

One consideration, I rotate my glove use regularly as you can probably tell from the photos and let them dry after use (not left in a duffle bag or similar air-tight area). I also oil my gloves very lightly once every 3 months.

Another thing to mention - Like most gloves, The velcro glove wrist support is definitely not as secure as the laceups. If you had wrist issues, I would stick with laces.

If you go with Winning velcro, be sure to wrap your wrists more than normal.

Sorry you can't get those. I can't even get them. Those are the Freddy Roach style Winning mitts.

"I can't even get them"

Ary you implying that you are somehow special when it comes to getting winning gear???

"I can't even get them"

Ary you implying that you are somehow special when it comes to getting winning gear???

Not at all. :) I just know the owner of those mitts and asked how one could go about getting a pair. He just looked at me and said they don't make them anymore. I think he was bullshitting me. Who knows?

Last edited:
I wonder if they are more difficult to make than regular focus mitts. (Measure hand size?) Top Boxer never said that he had any issues making those.

$_3.JPG

I know it's probably just the lighting that makes the blue darker, but is there anyway to get a darker, navyish blue Winning glove color like this?

$_3.JPG

I know it's probably just the lighting that makes the blue darker, but is there anyway to get a darker, navyish blue Winning glove color like this?

Navy is available as custom colour - see page 5 or 6 of this thread for example photo

anyone got true custom things from koboudo? for instance wide velcro gloves or leather headgear with a buckle instead of a clip?

One difference I notice between America ya and Koubudo is Koubudo charge for anything and everything when it comes to custom options. Embroidery over two lines? Double cost. Standard headguard in leather? Extra cost. Add custom piping/trim to match custom gloves? Another 30% cost... Steve M must have better contact at Winning as all of the above are covered by the expected extra cost for custom gear, providing you can get order accepted and processed!

One difference I notice between America ya and Koubudo is Koubudo charge for anything and everything when it comes to custom options. Embroidery over two lines? Double cost. Standard headguard in leather? Extra cost. Add custom piping/trim to match custom gloves? Another 30% cost... Steve M must have better contact at Winning as all of the above are covered by the expected extra cost for custom gear, providing you can get order accepted and processed!

The verdict is, customs, Mitani's shop is a much better choice. Koubudo is much better for stock items.

Navy is available as custom colour - see page 5 or 6 of this thread for example photo

Thanks, two questions though. How much more is a custom color, and where would I be able to see the colors/order the custom gloves. When I go on the Winning website they only have the stock colors.

Thanks, two questions though. How much more is a custom color, and where would I be able to see the colors/order the custom gloves. When I go on the Winning website they only have the stock colors.

http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/boxing/item/10001690/

The options and price are listed on the page above.

The Winning USA website does not list the custom colors, but whatever price you see, there is a 30% upcharge for any customizations including colors, embroidery, etc.

Also, here's navy blue:
http://i1303.photobucket.com/albums/ag142/Irish56789/WinningBoxingGloves_zps175f6a5d.jpg

Back