Cutting the Cord......Youtube TV, Sling TV, Playstation Vue, or....

B

bigraydaddy1

....just an antennae for local TV and adding keeping Netflix and Amazon Prime?

Not looking for Kodi or jail broken FireSticks.

Youtube TV seems like the best choice, $40 / month, local stations, enough channels the wife and I like, DVR capabilities, etc.

Has anyone subscribed to either of these 3, or all 3 of them, since you can switch and cancel at anytime....?

Any recommendations?

I've used Yotube TV. It's pretty simple. They've added a few more channels recently which is nice. Haven't used Sling TV before.

I have playstation Vue which is pretty good, but I do miss comedy central and paramount channel for bellator.

What are your wants? How much time do you spend watching TV? Personally getting the basic channels via antenna and Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime are good enough for me. Honestly the basic channels alone is sufficient since I rarely watch TV. My wife wants cable again for a year after she gives birth so I may do a 12 month bundled deal with internet.

Youtube TV @ $40/month is pretty expensive considering the cost of Cable. Sling TV is reasonable, even Sling TV Blue at $25/month is good for the channels you get. Philo is reasonable at $16/month if you don't need sports. Right now my nephew has Hulu, which we use. May not continue Hulu and convince my wife to try out Philo instead of Cable.

$40 a month is a lot better than I am paying with cable.
I would like pretty much just the local channels with the local sports in ChiTown, plus a few additional channels like Fox Sports 1, MSNBC, and the wife wants Bravo. FoxSports 1, MSNBC, the wife wants Bravo.

Shit, just the internet to stream is $70/ month

I stream off my phone to my TV and use my unlimited data

Pay $40 a month for DirecTV now and I get every channel I need. Also have hulu and i get free Netflix from tmobile, add in YouTube and its $50 a month for my entertainment. Also have amazon prime that I got free from amazon as a mistake. So I'll have that for at least a year for free.

I was looking at this a while back and rmr thinking that youtube tv or hulu tv probably were the best options over sling but I could be wrong

moving in a month and I really want to cut the cord, I pay way too much for cable

All depends on the cost of the internet itself. That + $40 isnt that much of a savings.

....just an antennae for local TV and adding keeping Netflix and Amazon Prime?

Not looking for Kodi or jail broken FireSticks.

Youtube TV seems like the best choice, $40 / month, local stations, enough channels the wife and I like, DVR capabilities, etc.

Has anyone subscribed to either of these 3, or all 3 of them, since you can switch and cancel at anytime....?

Any recommendations?

If you don't need all the channels If I would try antennae. There is going to be a lot of factors if this can work but assuming you get a path to get a signal I would invest in that(For example if I lived in a rural area I would look into a large antenna)

You guys are sleeping look for IPTV services that carry all the channels live sports including UFC ppvs for less than $20 a month. Checkout IPTV reviews on Reddit.

Youtube TV @ $40/month is pretty expensive considering the cost of Cable.

I dunno, depending on your city you can be paying $20 misc fees and taxes for cable. When people break down there statements it's pretty bad.

Wouldn't it be better to first go about establishing proprietary options? Because services like SlingTV, YouTubeTV, Netflix, Amazon Prime, and Hulu are NOT mutually exclusive, and can be accessed on just about any device.

Meanwhile, Playstation Vue is limited to those consoles.

Wouldn't it be better to first go about establishing proprietary options? Because services like SlingTV, YouTubeTV, Netflix, Amazon Prime, and Hulu are NOT mutually exclusive, and can be accessed on just about any device.

Meanwhile, Playstation Vue is limited to those consoles.

You can watch PlayStation Vue on multiple devises and I have had Vue, direct tv now and sling and Vue is by far the best.

You can watch PlayStation Vue on multiple devises and I have had Vue, direct tv now and sling and Vue is by far the best.
Damn, nice, I didn't realize Vue had extended to so many devices. Thought those were companion apps like Playstation runs with its games and central app.

Jesus you sound poor.

I pay $230 a month for xfinity. This is the phone, tv, internet package and it’s boss as fuck. Please tell me how you don’t pay for ‘X’, or get ‘X’ for cheaper, and I’ll remind you how poor you are. @Revolver will tell you how fuckin poor you are.

Jesus you sound poor.

I pay $230 a month for xfinity. This is the phone, tv, internet package and it’s boss as fuck. Please tell me how you don’t pay for ‘X’, or get ‘X’ for cheaper, and I’ll remind you how poor you are. @Revolver will tell you how fuckin poor you are.
You're not edgy or hip. Stop it.

You're not edgy or hip. Stop it.
Definitely not edgy, but can afford to pay for cable, scrub. Tell me what channels you don’t wanna pay for and I’ll tell you how poor you are.

PlayStation relies on PSN, I think, and it has a few too many outages from evil kids doing bad things.

Back