Locked Cyberpunk 2077 **Delayed**(Release: December 10th, 2020)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s the little details I think. That’s what excites me. The firefight with the wall between you, the UI with the cybernetic implant, etc. it’s all done so perfectly. We’ve seen it before, but not with this level of detail. You could look at a screenshot and read all the text for like 20 minutes. For a lot of people those little details are the difference between a classic and a fun game.

However, the game mechanics themselves seem normal. It’s the presentation, really. It seemed more scripted than I anticipated, especially the dialogue which previews made it sound like was some kind of revolutionary process.

The UI reminded me of FO4, and that probably soured it for me. But damn I love the density, atmosphere of the game. The city is truly alive in the demo, ive never seen a city that bustling without seeming scripted.

I agree, but character creation I stupid when you can only play 1st person

If it's as much of an RPG as the Witcher that means you're going to be constantly interacting with other people and seeing your own face. Anyway dont most people play Fallout and Elder Scrolls as first person?

This game looks fucking unreal. I was a huge fan of Cyberpunk 2020 as a PnP RPG and this is simply amazing

This looks like a pumped up Deus Ex to me which is fine. I’m not seeing the groundbreaking hype I’ve heard about since E3, but this looks like a no-brainer buy for me.

I’m curious to see how the final product feels.

I agree, but character creation I stupid when you can only play 1st person

I'll take actually seeing how implants affect your vision and new gameplay mechanics from those mods versus seeing my character's new coat at all times. Plus, the Mexican stand-off scene in the demo works so much better in first person than in third person.

Seems to be some negative reactions to the writing and dialogue popping up

https://www.pcgamer.com/what-were-t...source=facebook&utm_campaign=buffer_pcgamerfb

I think the dialogue is fine. It's meant to be pulpy and over the top. The last thing I'm worried about in a CDPR game is the writing, especially since they have a lot more creative freedom to work with as opposed to the Witcher games.

Some of those complaints are kind of silly like them showing too much gunplay (imo the biggest hurdle for CDPR and the most concerning one....will the combat be fun?) but then also saying the walking around bits were boring. And "the story didn't draw me in" ??? What. It's basically a sidequest or one of the very first quests in the game to get you set up in the world. We didn't see how you acquired the quest and we know nothing of the main plot. Last one, complaining about it being too sunny when CDPR said they already know how to do moody and dreary atmosphere, they wanted to show they can do cyberpunk in a sunny, bright atmosphere and I think they nailed that.

The dialogue options one is noteworthy and valid but we didn't see V choose any of the lower options. Who knows what might branch out from asking questions or getting more info.

The game is still a long ways off so I don't really want to see how any quests play out differently. I think the narrator saying we have options (duh, it's a CDPR game) is enough at this point in time.

If it's as much of an RPG as the Witcher that means you're going to be constantly interacting with other people and seeing your own face. Anyway dont most people play Fallout and Elder Scrolls as first person?
at least they have the option to switch to third. 2077 doesnt

at least they have the option to switch to third. 2077 doesnt
TPP in both Skyrim and Fallout is abysmal.

This game is already done. Demo is from E3, so playable part is even 6 - 12 months months old.
I can bet they will release it in 2019, but probably they are doing a lot of optimilization, and polishing game to maximize effects, open world.
Marketing campaign already started and they slowly building hype. It's not hard to see.

gameplay > cutscenes. I want to show my sexy character off when I stream
All 2 of your viewers are enraged with you. KappaHD

But really, although I love playing Fashion Souls and making my characters outfits look awesome in TES/FO, I rarely ever play in 3PP. I'm totally okay with Cyberpunk being strictly 1PP.

TPP in both Skyrim and Fallout is abysmal.

This game is already done. Demo is from E3, so playable part is even 6 - 12 months months old.
I can bet they will release it in 2019, but probably they are doing a lot of optimilization, and polishing game to maximize effects, open world.
Marketing campaign already started and they slowly building hype. It's not hard to see.
damn. id still prefer 3ps. the justifications for this game not being able to play in 3rd person seem more like cognitive dissonance. this isnt fallout or Skyrim. CDPR are known for awesome third person RPGs so dont try to shut down people who want third person

the justifications for this game not being able to play in 3rd person seem more like cognitive dissonance. this isnt fallout or Skyrim. CDPR are known for awesome third person RPGs so dont try to shut down people who want third person

Deal with it. They've laid out their reasons for first person and they all make a lot of sense no matter how you want to spin it. The verticality of Night City, the multitude of gameplay options and camera/cutscene work that wouldn't be possible or as effective in third person, there's a greater degree of immersion due to V being your character versus a set character like Geralt, etc etc etc. People clamoring for third person can't offer up any arguments besides "I want to see my character" and you will as they've already stated. Gunplay in first person >>>>> third person by a wide, wide margin.

Deal with it. They've laid out their reasons for first person and they all make a lot of sense no matter how you want to spin it. The verticality of Night City, the multitude of gameplay options and camera/cutscene work that wouldn't be possible or as effective in third person, there's a greater degree of immersion due to V being your character versus a set character like Geralt, etc etc etc. People clamoring for third person can't offer up any arguments besides "I want to see my character" and you will as they've already stated. Gunplay in first person >>>>> third person by a wide, wide margin.
Nah I dont have to Deal with it. lol no one is forcing me to play. But you can deal with not liking it.

thankfully these demos have saved me from preordering

damn. id still prefer 3ps. the justifications for this game not being able to play in 3rd person seem more like cognitive dissonance. this isnt fallout or Skyrim. CDPR are known for awesome third person RPGs so dont try to shut down people who want third person
There will be photo mode or selfie mode, they already confirmed it, there is also inventory with look of your character If they want better graphics and performance FPP is better choice because this mode is less CPU consuming,it's really simple to see, game is way more dynamic combat wise as FPP.
also we got very good (if not best this year) RPG Kingdom Come and it was FPP only, nobody complained,sold very well for new franchise from pretty new developer.
So this whining about TPP is pointless,there is many TPP games, so you can skip this game. Combined number views of gameplay is like 10 M + (2 channelts combined : Gamestop and Cyberpunk 2077) with like/dislike ratio around 98 to 2 (almost 500 k likes to almost 10k dislikes)...so small minority is not happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back