Locked Cyberpunk 2077 **Delayed**(Release: December 10th, 2020)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah I dont have to Deal with it. lol no one is forcing me to play. But you can deal with not liking it.

thankfully these demos have saved me from preordering

Just curious whats keeping you from pre-ordering? The demo was pretty awesome.

I've learned my lessons from Watchdog, the Division, hell, even Mass Effect Andromeda where pre-launch builds look way better than what we got post launch. Not gonna buy into the hype until independent reviewers gets their hands on a full game.

I've learned my lessons from Watchdog, the Division, hell, even Mass Effect Andromeda where pre-launch builds look way better than what we got post launch. Not gonna buy into the hype until independent reviewers gets their hands on a full game.

This. I swear gamers only buy games based on the dev’s reputation. A dev will make 1 good game and gamers just hype up and trust whatever content the spew out afterward. I blame lack of real life experience for this ignorance

Not sure why gamers need to even learn that lesson in the first place, it's common sense.

waiting for the reviews from people online forums

Yeah, I don't pre order anything I can't get out of. Same goes for early access, that's Steam cancer. I will drop $5/$10 deposit on a console game at EB/Gamestop at times to get a free poster/bonus, and mainly to guarantee a copy of the game, like I did with Red Dead 2. There have been many times reviews deterred me from picking up the game in the end. I can always put that deposit towards something else.

Not sure why gamers need to even learn that lesson in the first place, it's common sense.

Yea, it's easy to be cynical about it now. But it use to be that the earlier in development cycle, the game looks rougher. So whatever pre-launch build we see, it was safe to assume it's either going to look like that or better. But in the last couple of years, that is no longer the case.

This. I swear gamers only buy games based on the dev’s reputation. A dev will make 1 good game and gamers just hype up and trust whatever content the spew out afterward. I blame lack of real life experience for this ignorance

CD Project has a cult like fanbase.

Please explain.

you guys were talking about preordering a game based on a trailer and because its CD Project that is developing it

yes Witcher 3 was good but im not going to put blind faith on CD Project

call me crazy but TRUSTING a company to make a good product sounds dumb and its probably what caused this preorder mess in the first place

you guys were talking about preordering a game based on a trailer and because its CD Project that is developing it

call me crazy but TRUSTING a company to make a good product sounds dumb and its probably what caused this preorder mess in the first place
That's more easily swayed than cult per se. I probably will pre-order based on what I've seen so far and I had no clue who CD Project is (and didnt particularly care for Witcher 3)

There is another fact which makes gamers trust CDPR, it is their DLC policies. Any of the 2 big DLCs had better story than the whole ass effect andromeda, and 18 cosmetic/short quest DLCs were free. Current situation makes people want to support developers who threat them good.

There is another fact which makes gamers trust CDPR, it is their DLC policies. Any of the 2 big DLCs had better story than the whole ass effect andromeda, and 18 cosmetic/short quest DLCs were free. Current situation makes people want to support developers who threat them good.
they developed games without shitty business practices which should be the norm

buying the game is in my opinion enough to show support, not throwing money at them in blind trust before its even out

just have a healthy amount of scepticism is all im saying

To be fair, you could argue that also indicates the cult like status, even though I think "Cult" is exaggerated hyperbole.

The truth is, those 18 "free" DLC were stupid as fuck, and mostly shit like beards and hair. If other companies like Bioware have post release DLC of stuff like hair designs you can bet people would be bitching about how it should have been available at launch. Or at the very least they wouldnt geet such praise for promoting all their "free" DLC and then showing mostly useless crap.

I dont think "Cult like" is fair, but there are definitely double standards.

To be fair, you could argue that also indicates the cult like status, even though I think "Cult" is exaggerated hyperbole.

The truth is, those 18 "free" DLC were stupid as fuck, and mostly shit like beards and hair. If other companies like Bioware have post release DLC of stuff like hair designs you can bet people would be bitching about how it should have been available at launch. Or at the very least they wouldnt geet such praise for promoting all their "free" DLC and then showing mostly useless crap.

The thing is EA, since you mention mass effect, and other companies do usually make you pay for the same things CDPR provided for free.

Last edited:

Bioware DOES have cosmetic DLC's for money.

CD Project has a cult like fanbase.
A cult I'm happily indoctrinated into. I love them to death, they've really raised the bar. I love their writing and their emphasis on storytelling and world building. Their whole business model through GOG and their DLC in Witcher 3 warms the heart too. I still wouldn't pre order though.

A cult I'm happily indoctrinated into. I love them to death, they've really raised the bar. I love their writing and their emphasis on storytelling and world building. Their whole business model through GOG and their DLC in Witcher 3 warms the heart too. I still wouldn't pre order though.
I have pre-ordered 2 games in my life. One was The Witcher 3, and another was Andromeda. Well, I guess it evens out somehow...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back