Locked Cyberpunk 2077 **Delayed**(Release: December 10th, 2020)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have confidence is this developer after the Witcher 3. Hopefully they can get the combat and controls up to par with the rest of the game and I'm sure it will be excellent.

It's because every goddamn game has to be a FPS now, to the point it's shoving fans of other genres out of the market. I get shooters are the most popular genre, but it would be nice if they made a few games a year for everyone else. It's been a slow creep of making everything bad Call of Duty. Looking at you Fallout 4 with most of the rpg elements quietly stripped out.

No, mike come on brother. This game isnt gonna be gay fallout 4, its gonna be something special. After how they've proven themselves with the witcher, i think we will be fine. Would you prefer EA make a shit RPG

They said you'll see your character in cutscenes and clothing plays a role in how you access certain level of missions. Can't fucking wait for this game and I'm going to throw some serious cash upgrading my PC if I need to.

It's because every goddamn game has to be a FPS now, to the point it's shoving fans of other genres out of the market.

The Last of Us 2, God of War, Yakuza games, From Software's games and the new one, the new Spider Man, Ghosts of Takoyaki or whatever, RDR2 and tons more......you're not getting shoved out of anywhere. First person makes perfect sense for this because you can upgrade your eyes for goddamn Terminator vision.

fan-self-gif-13.gif

No, mike come on brother. This game isnt gonna be gay fallout 4, its gonna be something special. After how they've proven themselves with the witcher, i think we will be fine. Would you prefer EA make a shit RPG
No I want it to be awesome and I'm cautiously optimistic it will be. Just saying RPG fans have been burned before with RPG lite fps games, especially the recent fallout 4. So I can understand people being wary of one of the rare cool new IPs being first person.

Hoping more like shadow run mixed with fallout, and less fallout 4.

They said you'll see your character in cutscenes and clothing plays a role in how you access certain level of missions. Can't fucking wait for this game and I'm going to throw some serious cash upgrading my PC if I need to.

The Last of Us 2, God of War, Yakuza games, From Software's games and the new one, the new Spider Man, Ghosts of Takoyaki or whatever, RDR2 and tons more......you're not getting shoved out of anywhere. First person makes perfect sense for this because you can upgrade your eyes for goddamn Terminator vision.

fan-self-gif-13.gif
Should have been clear from context I was talking about RPGs. Yes there are plenty of new action games coming. Most of us hardcore RPG fans have already left for Steam. But we can hope to get something to play on our consoles now and then.

No I want it to be awesome and I'm cautiously optimistic it will be. Just saying RPG fans have been burned before with RPG lite fps games, especially the recent fallout 4. So I can understand people being wary of one of the rare cool new IPs being first person.

Hoping more like shadow run mixed with fallout, and less fallout 4.

they said its an RPG first shooter second.

I was a big Spoony fan too. Like I said, I never played tabletop RPG's in my life but still, I could listen to Spoony rant about that shit for hours and hours

The Thieves World and Squirt Gun Wars episodes of Counter Monkey were two of the most entertaining vids on youtube
I never played tabletop RPG's either but goddamn, it was amazing to listen those stories about them. Was it Spoony himself or someone else who decided to sabotage the game (some vampire game?) after everyone was dick to him by smuggling explosives to a meeting and blowing up all the characters?

I actually remember hearing about squirt gun wars through some off-hand remark in a gaming magazine in the 90's but hearing Spoony tell it was awesome.

(For those who don't know, players basically abused instakill toxin in the game and you had to have perfect hazmat suit to defend against it. Shenanigans ensued)

Yeah, I hate that a 45+ minute demo was released to journalists and we only get to hear a summary of what they saw.
Wasn't there some backlash with witcher 3 when they had to tone down the graphics for release version? They may want to avoid that.

I never played tabletop RPG's either but goddamn, it was amazing to listen those stories about them. Was it Spoony himself or someone else who decided to sabotage the game (some vampire game?) after everyone was dick to him by smuggling explosives to a meeting and blowing up all the characters?

Yeah that was Spoony sabotaging a LARP because they were ganging up on players (Like him) who didn't choose a certain religion or some shit like that. A few hundred postits with 'Semtex' written on them later and everyone was dead. Straight up jihad

Man, Spoony was the shit. Shame he stopped producing. His videogame and movie reviews were great too

<mma1>

Yeah that was Spoony sabotaging a LARP because they were ganging up on players (Like him) who didn't choose a certain religion or some shit like that. A few hundred postits with 'Semtex' written on them later and everyone was dead. Straight up jihad

Man, Spoony was the shit. Shame he stopped producing. His videogame and movie reviews were great too

<mma1>

How do you do this without any other players knowing? It's tabletop, so isn't everybody playing at the same table? Wouldn't a DM stop it from happening since it's a personal vendetta as opposed to role playing?

How do you do this without any other players knowing? It's tabletop, so isn't everybody playing at the same table? Wouldn't a DM stop it from happening since it's a personal vendetta as opposed to role playing?

It was a LARP (Live action role play), so it was people wandering around pretending to be their character in costume rather than a tabletop RPG. They take over a whole venue and players can go off and do their own thing if they want. iirc Spoony ended up playing along with the main groups shit when they force-converted him to their religion or whatever, but then went away and developed the skills to produce explosives so he could bomb them

The assholes who got killed didn't play along and told him to leave. But still, technically and morally it was a crushing victory for the Spoony One

Here's the vid if you got 30 mins

Last edited:
Should have been clear from context I was talking about RPGs. Yes there are plenty of new action games coming. Most of us hardcore RPG fans have already left for Steam. But we can hope to get something to play on our consoles now and then.

Most RPGs are third person, not sure what you're talking about.

<mma1>

You mean Noah Antwiler? He still live streams. I used to dig his content back in the day, I feel like his essays on Final Fantasy were on the scale of RLM Star Wars reviews, but he clearly is not a well adjusted man and lost his way. Dude is a yuge manchild.

Giantbomb guys talk about it at 1:47 if you wanna skip forward. They were wet about it.

Last edited:
they said its an RPG first shooter second.
Cautiously excited then. Futuristic dystopian settings are my absolute favorite. Games, books, movies, anything. The Kickstarted shadowrun games on steam were surprisingly good, but I would love to play something more immersive with some high production values. If it's the fallout meets shadowrun I'm hoping for I'm going to be pretty hyped.

Most RPGs are third person, not sure what you're talking about.
What I said. Fallout was first morphed into an fps, then dumbed down completely into an rpg lite with fallout 4. Between XCom 1 and 2 they made a shit Xcom fps. Plants vs zombies made a stupid goofy fps. Dead space was switched from horror to straight out action with dead space 3.

There's been a trend lately of converting franchises into either fps or simple action games. It's an attempt to appeal to a wider market, that just waters down the games and makes them appealing to neither group. It's unfortunate when good horror, strategy , and rpgs are already hard to come by on console.

I really really liked New Vegas. Still do. I wish more publishers would license out their franchises to Obisidan. They did a great job with KOTOR and Fallout.
Speaking of Obsidian, they're somewhat reviving the "big budget (or atleast modern) isometric RPG" market with their Pillars of Eternity series.

The dude is clearly a mouthbreather lol.
I always viewed him as a trollish individual. He's actually worse in the WR. But everyone has different posting styles I guess.

What I said. Fallout was first morphed into an fps, then dumbed down completely into an rpg lite with fallout 4. Between XCom 1 and 2 they made a shit Xcom fps. Plants vs zombies made a stupid goofy fps. Dead space was switched from horror to straight out action with dead space 3.

There's been a trend lately of converting franchises into either fps or simple action games. It's an attempt to appeal to a wider market, that just waters down the games and makes them appealing to neither group. It's unfortunate when good horror, strategy , and rpgs are already hard to come by on console.

You don't seem to know what an FPS is because none of those games are FPS except for Fallout. And Bethesda's Fallout games are based on the same engine as Elder Scrolls.

Also this is an original game so I don't know why you are bringing up dumbing down or changing franchises.

You don't seem to know what an FPS is because none of those games are FPS except for Fallout. And Bethesda's Fallout games are based on the same engine as Elder Scrolls.

Also this is an original game so I don't know why you are bringing up dumbing down or changing franchises.
Ok man whatever. Every time I interact with you in any forum you read half of my posts and somehow get confused over goddamn simple and concise statements. So, yeah. Whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back