cybiko! those great electronics or toys nobody had

lakersfan45

That's sardo! No mr, accent on the do!
@Gold
Reaction score
This thread is for awesome games/toys/electronics u loved but never caught on to mass appeal
I will start with:
Before smartphones there was this little handheld gaming/computing device called a cybiko
440px-Cybiko.jpg

This thing was awesome. You could chat and play games with ur friends wireless (although range wasnt great). I was a freshman in high school when this came out. Keep in mind this was before high school students had phones or could text. So I would be able to text and play games with the very few (I think 3 other) people in my school who had one. Its too bad it never caught on it had a lot of potential.

Anyone could develop games and apps for it, as a result there was a strong online community developing great free games. The manufacturer also made free games all the time. You could add an mp3 player.

I loved this little machine. It tried its hardest to be a smartphone before smartphones. For its time it was truly fun and amazing.

WTF. Like a Nokia phone-scientific calculator hybrid. No thanks.

An old favorite, Darktower.

64099215_98faee9b62.jpg

An old favorite, Darktower.

64099215_98faee9b62.jpg

I just read an article (MSN?) about how far ahead of its time it was. I didn't know all that, but I played the hell out of it.

I believe there is also an app (I think it is on Google Play) if you are interested.

I just read an article (MSN?) about how far ahead of its time it was. I didn't know all that, but I played the hell out of it.

I believe there is also an app (I think it is on Google Play) if you are interested.

Yea, I don't remember what year it was, seemed like maybe late 80's? But we played the hell out of that game and then got pissed when we didn't have any batteries. :icon_lol:

This thread is for awesome games/toys/electronics u loved but never caught on to mass appeal
I will start with:
Before smartphones there was this little handheld gaming/computing device called a cybiko
440px-Cybiko.jpg

This thing was awesome. You could chat and play games with ur friends wireless (although range wasnt great). I was a freshman in high school when this came out. Keep in mind this was before high school students had phones or could text. So I would be able to text and play games with the very few (I think 3 other) people in my school who had one. Its too bad it never caught on it had a lot of potential.

Anyone could develop games and apps for it, as a result there was a strong online community developing great free games. The manufacturer also made free games all the time. You could add an mp3 player.

I loved this little machine. It tried its hardest to be a smartphone before smartphones. For its time it was truly fun and amazing.

I got laid cause of that thing....again going into freshman year I got it and that thing was the shit and the range was HORRENDOUS

I got laid cause of that thing....again going into freshman year I got it and that thing was the shit and the range was HORRENDOUS

i must here the story. how did it get you laid?

I don't know how "great" they were, but things like Omnibot and NeoGeo, were so fucking expensive, I didn't know anybody who had them. They were mythical. lol at charging $200 a game in the early 90s. I remember the first NES game I ever bought was like $30. My mom couldn't believe how much it cost.

i must here the story. how did it get you laid?

I was fuckin with it in math class(cheating lol) and this really cute girl with an AMAZING ASS asks "hey whats is that can I see it?" I give it to her and blah blah blah and she uses it for a while and them gives me it back later on in class with her number in it.

Kids this day and age with smart phones have it so easy. If you don't lose your virginity before 15 now with all the new tech your hopeless

dreamcast

was way b4 its time

dreamcast_1.jpg

i agree with the dreamcast but i'll even go one further and say the game Seaman

242420-seaman2.jpg

seaman was a game were you talked to your pet fish with an old asian mans face through a microphone on the dreamcast controller.

05full-620x.jpg

i mean you could have hour long conversations with these things. i miss my seaman i think he gave birth and died at the end or something weird like that

I don't know how "great" they were, but things like Omnibot and NeoGeo, were so fucking expensive, I didn't know anybody who had them. They were mythical. lol at charging $200 a game in the early 90s.

3DO and Jaguar were mythical to me. always wanted to play them. i wanted a jaguar so much when i was a kid that sometimes as an adult i go on ebay to see if i can get one cheap, even though everything i read says it was a real piece of crap

I was fuckin with it in math class(cheating lol) and this really cute girl with an AMAZING ASS asks "hey whats is that can I see it?" I give it to her and blah blah blah and she uses it for a while and them gives me it back later on in class with her number in it.

Kids this day and age with smart phones have it so easy. If you don't lose your virginity before 15 now with all the new tech your hopeless

yes it was great for cheating. thats the hard thing to explain to people who didnt have one. i mean now you think who cares use smart phone. but then it was the only device you could text/do that with (cell phones with text were around but nobody had them). but not only cheating, it was great for texting in class in general. it was very new and different then

242420-seaman2.jpg

seaman was a game were you talked to your pet fish with an old asian mans face through a microphone on the dreamcast controller.

05full-620x.jpg

i mean you could have hour long conversations with these things. i miss my seaman i think he gave birth and died at the end or something weird like that

tbh i saw an ad for that game in gameinformer back in the day

looked dumb lol

242420-seaman2.jpg

05full-620x.jpg

Try putting a box out nowa days that says "caution seaman" on it lol

dreamcast

was way b4 its time

Still have mine. Rock the original UFC and Shenmue whenever I'm at my place in Toronto.

I don't know how "great" they were, but things like Omnibot and NeoGeo, were so fucking expensive, I didn't know anybody who had them. They were mythical. lol at charging $200 a game in the early 90s. I remember the first NES game I ever bought was like $30. My mom couldn't believe how much it cost.

With NeoGeo you were getting an actual arcade console for the home, hence the cost of the games. They were basically cutting out the gaming mobsters and charging you extra because you weren't gonna be continuously rotating games like an actual arcade would.

I'm not saying they were worth it, I'm just saying. As for the 3DO and the TurboGrafx-16, I never played a game I liked on the former, and the latter didn't have enough titles to warrant the expenditure.

Back