Cyborg: Rousey and McGregor, most overhyped fighters

Cyborg is not overhyped. Actually she is UNDERHYPED. She has been kicking buts but yet inferior fighters are more popular than her.

A bag of money that her promoter made possible by convincing the world that she was, what was the expression? Oh ya, once ever, lmao.
Some one dimensional fighter, granted that she was very good at that one thing, comes in and slays a bunch of chicks in record time and dullards world wide are saying things like she can beat up dudes.

People becoming rich and famous because they convince the masses that they are the shit is sort of the point of being a good promoter. Dana white was smarter than all you guys and clearly still is. People forgot to look at the situation and judge based off what they see, not what they are told they see.

Her coach convinced her that she was some great striker, lmfao, and she came back to become a punching bag. She then ran for the hills with the bags of money that Dana swindled out of people like you. She wasn't brave enough, she was stupid enough to come back after being exposed and wasn't smart enough to fix he. Problems.

As far as the Holly thing, I find it funny that you want to dirt her and praise Ronda when Holly booted her head off and you already admitted a few responses ago that it was not a fluke. Sort of counterproductive to your argument, don't you think? Just curious, do you happen to know what the result was going to be in the Holm/Tate fight had it gone to the judges? I will help you out a little, Holm was going to win which is exactly what I said to you.

If Ronda came back right now she would get violated again and that's a fact. I love how you Conor and Ronda fans all cling to the money thing, it is sort of the go to move when desperate.

Ok smart guy answer this question is there any female on this planet from boxing to kickboxing & grappling that could have the type of dominate run ronda had??

From her pro debut to her last last win submitting legit grapplers with the same move to knocking out durable women stiff

Do you understand how elite of a athlete you have to be to be that domimate???

Cyborg even with her size athleticism couldn't force armbars or any other submission like that & shes fought far worse competition

We know nunes couldn't do it

Valentina is a point fighter

Holm definitely couldn't do it

You'll act as if what ronda was doing was normal

Even if you try to take away from the ability of the fighters she dominated we saw all these women compete vs the complete best before & after & they wasnt overwhelmed like that win, lose or draw

Add all this to her multiple pan american & world olympic medels & a bronze in bejing thats elite shit bro

Ronda is literally 1 of the most elite & accomplished female athletes ever period

If you can't respect & understand that then your a weirdo

I care nothing about the other mess you talking bruh

She only started about developing the division when they gave her an opponent who has punching power and skill in Nunes. Then all f a sudden it went from "but, muh Brazil" to "develop my division. Give me Pam Sorenson."

This is sort of like community development in the alley behind a fish market. No matter what you do, it is going to fucking reek.

Cyborg talks a lot of shit for someone whose career hinges mainly on beating up Bantamweights and even Flyweights.

Ok smart guy answer this question is there any female on this planet from boxing to kickboxing & grappling that could have the type of dominate run ronda had??

From her pro debut to her last last win submitting legit grapplers with the same move to knocking out durable women stiff

Do you understand how elite of a athlete you have to be to be that domimate???

Cyborg even with her size athleticism couldn't force armbars or any other submission like that & shes fought far worse competition

We know nunes couldn't do it

Valentina is a point fighter

Holm definitely couldn't do it

You'll act as if what ronda was doing was normal

Even if you try to take away from the ability of the fighters she dominated we saw all these women compete vs the complete best before & after & they wasnt overwhelmed like that win, lose or draw

Add all this to her multiple pan american & world olympic medels & a bronze in bejing thats elite shit bro

Ronda is literally 1 of the most elite & accomplished female athletes ever period

If you can't respect & understand that then your a weirdo

I care nothing about the other mess you talking bruh

Oooh, somebody is triggered. Are you going to be ok? You had me at smart guy but then weirdo was the cherry on top. The other women started to show up and the rest of the field were improving. Do you think she could recreate that run now with the exact same game she had before?
I rest my case,lol.

She had what it took for the time and did the best with it until that time ran out. We will never know if tiny little Valentina could make Ronda go limp but she sure as hell put up a better fight against Nunes times two.

You are saying that none of these women could have made that run but yet fail to realize the women who put Ronda snuggly into the purple pillow and then into retirement are all competing with each other in that division right now. Who knows how one of then would have done at the begining with the skills they have now. Don't have to be smart to figure that out, but thanks for the compliment anyway.

I respect her a little more for that comment. She's right, Conor is a fake.

Swift, quick legendary, lol. You are one of those once ever people hey? Lol. She was doing just fine until she decapitated by Holly and then just smashed by Nunes. They followed the same path and Nunes sent her off to retirement.

Dana convinced everyone that some chubby little chick with a bitchy attitude and a bronze medal beating up a bunch of lesser skilled chicks at the time was something special. She was and always will be one dimensional or she would still be dominant. she is done for a reason.

So really, Dana convinced all you guys that she was once ever, lol and that made her rich, the other women getting paid is really just a trickle down from the house that daddy Dana built.

I am pretty sure Ronda does not smile with pride when she looks at the women who caved her face in for millions to watch, that is just silly. Besides, it is clearly not in her character, did you not pay attention to how she took those losses and how she treated her former opponents?

This is just getting silly and desperate. I agree with Tank Abbott on this one. Ronda should go make Travis a sandwich.

The house that daddy dana built lol you sound sus your giving that dude to much credit he hardly makes any decision on who gets signed or who gets pushed

Im pretty sure the ferttitis gave the greenlight on ronda because she was already a star in strikeforce

1 dimensional or not only cyborg wouldve been able to run through the comp ronda ran through like she did

Not holm, Valentina or nunes would've been able to be that domimate let only defend the title 7 times overall

Aint no trickle down ronda chose both fighters as oppenents she couldve took easier fights & in hindsight the tate trilogy made more since

Holm is the modern day buster douglas that whole event in Australia was basically douglas vs tyson in japan reincarnated all the way down to holm running to the ring i mean cage

Nunes beat a beaten fighter she deserves no props

And travis makes ronda sandwiches bruh & thats a known fact

there's nothing to develop. what does developing entail? signing shitty fighters hoping they will improve while fans suffer watching?
Dunno man, if you were in her shoes, what would you do?
I think she should fight Nunes, wreck her and increase her ppvs. Then she should challenge conor

She only started about developing the division when they gave her an opponent who has punching power and skill in Nunes. Then all f a sudden it went from "but, muh Brazil" to "develop my division. Give me Pam Sorenson."
If thats the fight to make, she will fight Nunes. And wreck her.

I wont be happy about Cyborg comment if my name was Jose Aldo.
She says McGregor never fought tough guys in MMA....

Alvarez Aldo Mendes Poirier Holloway Diaz all gimme fights

Thank God he doesn't have to fight the killers that Cyborg faces like Lina Lansberg and Charmaine Tweet.
Don’t forget about Leslie Smith or Tonya Evinger!

I am pretty sure Ronda does not smile with pride when she looks at the women who caved her face in for millions to watch, that is just silly. Besides, it is clearly not in her character, did you not pay attention to how she took those losses and how she treated her former opponents?

How did she treat her former opponents? This is the best thing about the Honda hate; you're all acting like she didn't do anything else besides shitting on her competition after her wins when in reality she only had problems with 2 out 13 opponents. You're also quick to forget what she did for Zingano when her life was at an all time low. I know it doesn't fit your narrative but lets try and keep shit real.

<LatsRickStory>

The house that daddy dana built lol you sound sus your giving that dude to much credit he hardly makes any decision on who gets signed or who gets pushed

Im pretty sure the ferttitis gave the greenlight on ronda because she was already a star in strikeforce

1 dimensional or not only cyborg wouldve been able to run through the comp ronda ran through like she did

Not holm, Valentina or nunes would've been able to be that domimate let only defend the title 7 times overall

Aint no trickle down ronda chose both fighters as oppenents she couldve took easier fights & in hindsight the tate trilogy made more since

Holm is the modern day buster douglas that whole event in Australia was basically douglas vs tyson in japan reincarnated all the way down to holm running to the ring i mean cage

Nunes beat a beaten fighter she deserves no props

And travis makes ronda sandwiches bruh & thats a known fact

Lol, I am seeing some weakness in your game here bud. You know I am right. Now you will speak to the level of control that Dana has as president of the company? We can only speculate on what those other women would have done had they been in that position.

Holly was undefeated until she lost to meisha, proceeded to lose the next two and got right back on the horse. You told me I was full of shit when I called Ronda mentally weak and yet when faced with real adversity, Holly is still fighting after going 1-4 in her last 5 and Ronda bolted after two losses and acted very strange.

Nunes mauled a beaten fighter? So if Ronda is so mentally strong then how can she be a broken fighter as you say and mentally strong as well, which is it man? You are willing to contradict yourself to take credit away from Nunes and give her no props?

Nobody gave a single shit about watching Ronda/Tate 3. In hindsight that fight made sense to people who didn't like seeing Ronda get whooped by Holly.

You can compare Holly to buster Douglas all you like, the reality is that Ronda got exposed and more women would have done the same thing to her that Holm and Nunes did moving forward so she ran off into retirement. This is not speculation, it happened. And Ronda is no Mike Tyson.

It is a matter of our own opinions who deserves props for this and that but the reality is that Holly took that belt from Ronda in a decisive way and other than beating Holly, Nunes took that belt in a very decisive way. Now everyone can clearly see why Ronda and Dana were avoiding the Cyborg situation all along, it should be pretty obvious that Cyborg would have beaten Ronda like a rented mule.

I am glad you brought this up. I realize that your intention with this comment was to lump me in the hater crowd in a sort of snarky way and show that my feelings on the matter are not grounded in reality. That I don't like her so I will look to exploit any flaws to serve a purpose. That is actually very shrewd, well done.

However, this brings up an important point. The water get's muddy at times with these discussions and this is a good moment for some clarity, at least from my perspective as I can't speak to everyones motives.

I enjoy watching good fights, good competition. There are fighters that I am a big fan of who I think are overrated by the promotion and some who I feel are very under appreciated. There are some who I dislike that I feel are very skilled fighters.

Nothing about Ronda blew my hair back and all the crazy hype personally amused me. This is however not the reason I took a dislike to her.
What you site as a supporting element to justify my personal feelings is actually the whole point.

I don't dislike her because I think she was over hyped, that's the business, they should be selling their product hard.

I don't dislike her because I always thought she was a one dimensional fighter who was a big fish in a small pond, you can only face the best opposition available to you so it was not her fault and she did the best with what she had and she was very, very good at a couple things. Credit where it's due.

I didn't dislike her for acting like she was the supreme shit as if she was doing something amazing, even though I didn't agree at all. A fighter has to have confidence, even if it borders on ridiculous.

I didn't dislike her for having crazy fans who were constantly making the most outlandish comments, I actually enjoyed teasing them. This is not her fault, it just comes with the territory.

I began to dislike her from watching her in the media and how she interacted with others at times. For me she came across as a snotty little bitch with a shitty personality. So the very thing that you have stated as a supporting element in my feelings is actually the impression that is the root cause of my dislike. I am sure that shitty people can do nice things here and there, that does not mean they are not overall shitty or that I have to like them. And it's not a tool used to support a narrative as you say but a personal opinion based on my observations.

At the end of it all, when you already dislike someone and then are are other elements present that are annoying but not necessarily enough on their own to be a problem, under these conditions those things just compound the issue.

So really the point you were making about her only being cunty to a couple people, well, I guess that and a few other times I saw her comment on things was enough to make me not like her. Clearly there are many who share this feeling.

That is what created the interest in me to actually point out all the rest of the things that I have pointed out that may not have been worthy of any feelings but now are worthy of note.

Why praise a shitty person when you don't feel they deserve it?
<mma4>

Lol, I am seeing some weakness in your game here bud. You know I am right. Now you will speak to the level of control that Dana has as president of the company? We can only speculate on what those other women would have done had they been in that position.

Holly was undefeated until she lost to meisha, proceeded to lose the next two and got right back on the horse. You told me I was full of shit when I called Ronda mentally weak and yet when faced with real adversity, Holly is still fighting after going 1-4 in her last 5 and Ronda bolted after two losses and acted very strange.

Nunes mauled a beaten fighter? So if Ronda is so mentally strong then how can she be a broken fighter as you say and mentally strong as well, which is it man? You are willing to contradict yourself to take credit away from Nunes and give her no props?

Nobody gave a single shit about watching Ronda/Tate 3. In hindsight that fight made sense to people who didn't like seeing Ronda get whooped by Holly.

You can compare Holly to buster Douglas all you like, the reality is that Ronda got exposed and more women would have done the same thing to her that Holm and Nunes did moving forward so she ran off into retirement. This is not speculation, it happened. And Ronda is no Mike Tyson.

It is a matter of our own opinions who deserves props for this and that but the reality is that Holly took that belt from Ronda in a decisive way and other than beating Holly, Nunes took that belt in a very decisive way. Now everyone can clearly see why Ronda and Dana were avoiding the Cyborg situation all along, it should be pretty obvious that Cyborg would have beaten Ronda like a rented mule.

Nunes beat a fighter that had already been so called exposed for having poor striking, obviously terrible coaching, was coming off a 1 yr layoff & obviously hadnt yet recouped from the legendary knock out watched by millions & turned into a internet meme with tons of trolls & people that was happy to see her lose killing her on social media non stop for months

But yet she still came back & at least tried to get her belt back vs the best no gimme when dudes like you didnt think she would thats being mentally strong not weak

To shit on ronda as if anybody couldve just beat her like holm & nunes did is taking away from their personal best & only known accomplishment

Ronda is a extremely accomplished female athlete just like mike tyson is a extremely accomplished male athlete

But let me guess mike could box well & ronda couldn't so she sucks

Ronda is a judoka that won on the highest levels in that particular discipline

Then transfered into mma & continued to win on highest levels of that particular sport

But i guess because she couldn't strike as well as a all time great female boxer that tranfered into mma & did pretty well she sucks & was never good

Holm is buster douglas because she was in the same position ronda was in could've showed the world she was what youll & daddy dana claimed ronda was supposed to be but lost to a fighter ronda conquered twice & her only recent win is vs bethe

I get it ronda wasnt a good enough striker be considered once ever

But this lesser skilled chicks mumbo jumbo doesnt add up what is nunes & holm records against those lesser skilled chicks???

So basically ronda only lost to skilled fighters but nunes & holms lost to lesser skilled fighters continuously lol

Nunes beat a fighter that had already been so called exposed for having poor striking, obviously terrible coaching, was coming off a 1 yr layoff & obviously hadnt yet recouped from the legendary knock out watched by millions & turned into a internet meme with tons of trolls & people that was happy to see her lose killing her on social media non stop for months

But yet she still came back & at least tried to get her belt back vs the best no gimme when dudes like you didnt think she would thats being mentally strong not weak

To shit on ronda as if anybody couldve just beat her like holm & nunes did is taking away from their personal best & only known accomplishment

Ronda is a extremely accomplished female athlete just like mike tyson is a extremely accomplished male athlete

But let me guess mike could box well & ronda couldn't so she sucks

Ronda is a judoka that won on the highest levels in that particular discipline

Then transfered into mma & continued to win on highest levels of that particular sport

But i guess because she couldn't strike as well as a all time great female boxer that tranfered into mma & did pretty well she sucks & was never good

Holm is buster douglas because she was in the same position ronda was in could've showed the world she was what youll & daddy dana claimed ronda was supposed to be but lost to a fighter ronda conquered twice & her only recent win is vs bethe

I get it ronda wasnt a good enough striker be considered once ever

But this lesser skilled chicks mumbo jumbo doesnt add up what is nunes & holm records against those lesser skilled chicks???

So basically ronda only lost to skilled fighters but nunes & holms lost to lesser skilled fighters continuously lol

I can't make you understand the timing argument, we have already been there and you refuse to listen. You keep saying the same thing over and over.
Everyone who watched that fight with Miesha understood that Miesha pulled out that sub in the nick of time and was losing that fight.

Holm did not start losing until after she put Ronda on the highlight reel. Who is to say that Ronda would not have got destroyed again in her next fight.

Who is to say that Valentina, Germaine or Cyborg would not have beaten the brakes off her at that point? Maybe some of these women have gotten better, maybe Ronda should have done the same.

I can't make you understand the timing argument, we have already been there and you refuse to listen. You keep saying the same thing over and over.
Everyone who watched that fight with Miesha understood that Miesha pulled out that sub in the nick of time and was losing that fight.

Holm did not start losing until after she put Ronda on the highlight reel. Who is to say that Ronda would not have got destroyed again in her next fight.

Who is to say that Valentina, Germaine or Cyborg would not have beaten the brakes off her at that point? Maybe some of these women have gotten better, maybe Ronda should have done the same.

Your argument is flawed because miesha is always losing & comes back in the nick of time its basically how shes won her biggest fights & titles, holm did nothing that mcmann, coenan & kedsie didnt do except they actually landing punches & was doing actual demage

Lol at mentioning GRD shes extremely avarage at 135 & struggled to beat kedsie & her only other wins are vs fighters no longer in the ufc she beat holm because holm is overrated as a boxer & striker & 1 dimensional

Valentina also exposed her striking & 1 dimensional skills

Outstriking a judoka is quite the feat tho

Yes they did get better because they continuoud to lose & had to get better lol

Ronda had a historic & dominate run & didnt need to get better & its no need for her to come back & try to prove to you that she can strike atleast she has a few knockouts in the highlight reels

Nunes always had potential & maybe wouldve always beat ronda but getting bullied & ragdolled by zingana & davis isnt convincing nobody

Holm performances before she fought ronda was lackluster & she got booed in both fights like i said no 1 wanted to see that fight & many were disappointed with ronda for picking her for her next fight

Yes holm exposed rondas obvious flaws but she did nothing to capitalise off of it so shes buster douglas

Back