Rumored Cyril Gane REJECTS Title Fight vs Tom Aspinall At UFC 304 To Film A Movie

I like Gane but if we are being honest the guy has been quite favoured by the UFC over the years. Notice how for one he was the only one of the 4 prospects who came up in the last few years (Tom, Pav, Jailton) who never had to face Blaydes on the way up.
Lewis took care of Blaydes for him, and Gane basically got his easiest matchup in the division to take the interim belt.

maxresdefault.jpg

The UFC isn't a career, remember? It's an opportunity, Gane is taking his opportunity and Dana can go fuck himself. Unfortunately it only works that way when a fighter wants something, not when Dana wants something.

If Gane hadn’t gone for that leg lock in round 5 he’d be champ …
You know that must haunt him.
Idk where this myth comes from - Ngannou bjj swept him and then upon being swept, Gane tried to heel hook. He didn't intentionally give up top position just to hunt the leglock. Ngannou's bjj training paid off and he got the sweep that won him the fight

An interim belt should almost never be "defended". If the interim champ fights any one other than the champ.it makes no sense
Yes, but what I'm trying to get across is that none of this shit is up to us or Tom. It's up to the UFC and what they want. We can sit around talking about what we think is right and how shit should be all day but it will change nothing. Just as Tom making dozens of posts and saying it over and over again in interviews will change nothing. Why continue to fight something you have no power to change? Besides, it's not like he's fighting for the opportunity to get a TS, he's going to get one. It's just not now.

Gane has been rejecting a lot of fights. UFC might start not to like him all that much now if we go by how such fighters get treated.

Gane has been rejecting a lot of fights. UFC might start not to like him all that much now if we go by how such fighters get treated.
If there's any fighter that's truly pushed the limits of Dana White privilege, it's Colby Covington. Motherfucker will sit out 2 years and still get a title shot.

Lets see if Gane has the same favor.

Honestly, you have nobody in the HW division.
The "champ" does not fight.
Stipe has 0.5 fight left in him.
Blaydes always comes short (but i think a rematch with aspinal is the only viable option if aspinal wants a fight in the near future).
Jailton is just here for 5 minutes.
Pavlovich has been beaten by aspinal.
No shit the ufc wants to keep Gane who can headline shows and who could entertain a nice rivalry with aspinal.
imo gane can do his movie, the ufc will still call him back offering good opportunities.
Not saying its fair or anything but its just a supply and demand thing.

I like Gane but if we are being honest the guy has been quite favoured by the UFC over the years. Notice how for one he was the only one of the 4 prospects who came up in the last few years (Tom, Pav, Jailton) who never had to face Blaydes on the way up.
I agree that gane has had an easy route to the title but after that, I don't think spivak was a less dangerous opponent than blaydes at the time of their fight. He had a nice win streak going capped off by an impressive submission of lewis

Back