Daido Juku/Kudo vs. Sabaki

not positive, but a lot of knowledge has been gained in IEDs concussive force, brain trauma, as having pressure surround ur brain maybe isnt a good thing. Guys and Gals even in up armored humvees get serious trauma from th pressure. Just a theory of mine, a hard hit feels different then I am used to, bare fisted, mma gloves or boxing gloves vs w the space helmet on. Air pressure, noise......

Last edited:
Hhmmm.......interesting.

If you don't mind me asking do you have a source or link you can point me towards concerning the studies and knowledge that pressure surrounding the brain is detrimental? And more importantly is there a source or link that proves or at least theorizes that the Kudo helmets establishes the brain pressure you speak of?

Not trying to be a dick, I just want to read and research all that is available that has anything to do with Kudo rather the news be positive, negative or neutral.

Does the presence of a Daidojuku branch in a country/area always mean a club is active there?

Someone on here said running a DDJ branch is pretty expensive so I'd assume you either run a club or give up the branch. Having a bit of trouble contacting the local branch here so just wondering if they occasionally just go dormant or what (I'd imagine covid killed a lot of TMA clubs).

Seems like there are Shidokan, Ashihara, Seido and Kyokushin clubs here too so plenty of choice for cross-training, but Kudo looks like exactly what I'm looking for.

It seems to me like the demand is pretty big for arts that combine full contact striking with throws, let it be kudo, sanda, shidokan, shootfighting or even combat sambo (although the latter is geared towards grappling).

For some reason the offering has not caught up on it, at least in western yurrp. The only full contact combat sport that mixes throws and strikes here is MMA and it's typically a blend of BJJ and K1.

Back