International Dalai Lama says 'Europe belongs to Europeans'

Son of Jamin

Make MMA Great Again
@Silver
Reaction score
31a93daaf73fc60002b635e4e7b06c5327accc62.jpg

Dalai Lama says 'Europe belongs to Europeans'
STOCKHOLM (AFP) -
The Tibetan spiritual leader, the Dalai Lama, said Wednesday that "Europe belongs to the Europeans" and that refugees should return to their native countries to rebuild them.

Speaking at a conference in Sweden's third-largest city of Malmo, home to a large immigrant population, the Dalai Lama -- who won the Nobel Peace Prize in 1989 -- said Europe was "morally responsible" for helping "a refugee really facing danger against their life".

"Receive them, help them, educate them... but ultimately they should develop their own country," said the 83-year-old Tibetan who fled the capital Lhasa in fear of his life after China poured troops into the region to crush an uprising.

"I think Europe belongs to the Europeans," he said, adding they should make clear to refugees that "they ultimately should rebuild their own country".

Revered by millions of Buddhists around the world, and regarded by his many supporters as a visionary in the vein of Mahatma Gandhi and Martin Luther King, the Dalai Lama was speaking three days after the far-right populist party Sweden Democrats made gains in the country's general election on Sunday.

The anti-immigration party came in third, behind Prime Minister Stefan Lofven's Social Democrats and the opposition conservative Moderates in the Nordic nation which in 2015 took in the highest number of asylum seekers per capita in Europe.
https://www.france24.com/en/20180912-dalai-lama-says-europe-belongs-europeans
I wonder if this will change some people's outlook on him.

He is right however, as it is now, the modern immigration is reminiscing of the old colonialism, yesterday, European transferred goods and other commodities back to Europe, today European countries "transfer" young able bodied men and leave old people and women to fend for themselves in their home countries.

31a93daaf73fc60002b635e4e7b06c5327accc62.jpg

I wonder if this will change some people's outlook on him.

He is right however, as it is now, the modern immigration is reminiscing of the old colonialism, yesterday, European transferred goods and other commodities back to Europe, today European countries "transfer" young able bodied men and leave old people and women to fend for themselves in their home countries.

That sounds like some non crime hate speech. He better watch himself if he's ever in South Yorkshire.

I can honestly say I’ve never given a shit what that goon thinks I’m not going to start now.

It is a controversial statement, seeing as how popular he is in leftist circles.

No, he's not wrong. It doesn't mean you can't have ethnic diversity either, they can become westerners and part of western culture.

I hope the Dalai Lama can live with being categorized as ‘problematic’

And north America belongs to the natives.

Well, he's right.
Also I doubt he likes muslims after they blew up some of the rarest Buddhist statues and sacred places.

He not wrong. All non Europeans get the fuck out of Europe. Go back to your own part of the world and do whatever the fuck it is you do.

No, he's not wrong. It doesn't mean you can't have ethnic diversity either, they can become westerners and part of western culture.
Tbf Europe is already quite diverse without non europeans. It's a continent with multiple cultures, languages, religions, traditions, ethnicities and so on.

Tbf Europe is already quite diverse without non europeans. It's a continent with multiple cultures, languages, religions, traditions, ethnicities and so on.

It's hilarious dating a Bulgarian girl, its like dating a white person minus, the money, social status, and god complex

He not wrong. All non Europeans get the fuck out of Europe. Go back to your own part of the world and do whatever the fuck it is you do.
Sounds familiar, we all have heard of this thousands of years ago, hundreds of years ago and the early-mid 20th century.

Europe is not homogeneous so there will be problems. EU is there to keep them on leech. Without them, Brits would have booted all eastern Europeans out of the country followed by many other European countries then history will repeats itself all over again...

Last edited:
Back