Damn Aleks is in shape

Best part is that he did that all with hard work and nothing else.

Seriously though he is in good shape. I have my doubts but I sincerely hope he has turned his life around. He really should still be in prison.
He was never great imo

Sloppy with good moments too on and off

Now he's got no chance

He was never great imo

Sloppy with good moments too on and off

Now he's got no chance
I was more concerned with his personal life but yes he had flashes of excellence in his early MMA career but you could see him over his head in fights with elite guys like Werdum & Barnett and he got smoked by Cro Cop early on.

You could tell in many of his fights that he didn't take his training as seriously as he should have and I guess he was hard on the booze for a long time.

He has to go down as a "what if" story in MMA. If his life didn't go to shit and he stayed disciplined he could have stayed near the top of the rankings and made some money in the mid to late 2000's.

I was more concerned with his personal life but yes he had flashes of excellence in his early MMA career but you could see him over his head in fights with elite guys like Werdum & Barnett and he got smoked by Cro Cop early on.

You could tell in many of his fights that he didn't take his training as seriously as he should have and I guess he was hard on the booze for a long time.

He has to go down as a "what if" story in MMA. If his life didn't go to shit and he stayed disciplined he could have stayed near the top of the rankings and made some money in the mid to late 2000's.
If he had Fedors thinking

Werdum fight he was a late replacement. He beat up Barnett for a long time before gassing, not "way over his head".

Cro Cop smoked him, I cannot argue that but it was a bad mach up from the start.

Submitted Pawel Nastula, Ko'd kharitonov

IMO he was a top 10 HW straight from the start, way more impressive than Lesnar and he did it all while infected with Hep C and recovering from Jail conditions as well as boozing all the time

There is no "what IF" with Aleks IMO. If he had never went to jail he would have been a top 3 of all time

If he had managed his career better despite going to jail he could have been a top 5

Again, "submitted Pawel Nastula, Ko'd kharitonov", How many fighters can claim to be able to do that ? The only guy I know is Fedor..

hes def on the gear and i bet he gasses after 1.5 rounds

id say ACB or RIZIN

Werdum fight he was a late replacement. He beat up Barnett for a long time before gassing, not "way over his head".

Cro Cop smoked him, I cannot argue that but it was a bad mach up from the start.

Submitted Pawel Nastula, Ko'd kharitonov

IMO he was a top 10 HW straight from the start, way more impressive than Lesnar and he did it all while infected with Hep C and recovering from Jail conditions as well as boozing all the time

There is no "what IF" with Aleks IMO. If he had never went to jail he would have been a top 3 of all time

If he had managed his career better despite going to jail he could have been a top 5

Again, "submitted Pawel Nastula, Ko'd kharitonov", How many fighters can claim to be able to do that ? The only guy I know is Fedor..

So many excuses and what ifs in this post…

All that shut happen…that’s like saying “well what if cain doesn’t get injured or herp derp what if brawk doesn’t get his stomach illness…zomg there Top 3 ez”…

Len Bias is the best basketball player to ever live if he didn’t die.

All that shut happen…that’s like saying “well what if cain doesn’t get injured or herp derp what if brawk doesn’t get his stomach illness…zomg there Top 3 ez”…

Your a either a troll or a complete fool to recognize there was potential greatness in Aleks. His size and the way he moved was very special for the hw division all he needed was a bit more discipline.

would like to see Aleks vs Amir Aliakbari in ACB. Great matchup to see where both fighters are at.

Didn’t know Japan would have an issue letting him fight but assumed he wasn’t fighting in the US.

There are decent fights out there, even in KSW or some backwater promotion that’s willing to pay a decent free agent.
I would love to see him in Japan, I am not sure about their visa issuance for former felons. Would be nice to see the remaining great HWs all end up in one place like Rizin.

I would love to see him in Japan, I am not sure about their visa issuance for former felons. Would be nice to see the remaining great HWs all end up in one place like Rizin.

Since Aleks is a striker I’d be all for him fighting some older k1 legends too. Aleks vs Jerome Le Banner in MMA would be great

Your a either a troll or a complete fool to recognize there was potential greatness in Aleks. His size and the way he moved was very special for the hw division all he needed was a bit more discipline.

The way he moves Is one of his big problems. He is big, strong and fast but he doesn’t seem to have much idea about head movement. He looked bad against poor opposition in his boxing debut and I think he needs to work with a good boxing coach to get more head movement. Not the hardest thing to learn and if he had it he could hang with the best. Without improving I can see some of the big punchers out there clipping him

Don't worry no fat. JBJisHISTORY is delusional. He is just perma-salty that his hero was exposed as a cheater and an all out fraudulent/corrupt individual. All of jon cocaine broken bones' wins are nullified forever. Once a cheat, forever a cheat. So don't fret this poster. He and his hero are history.

I get it but it’s the same shit with other fighters. If Cain wasn’t so injury prone he could have potentially been goat...no???

If brawk didn’t have that horrible stomach disease he could have been top 5 all time.

You are living in a fantasy lands of what ifs and excuses. It’s his fault his career never came to fruition and making excuses for him is pathetic imo.

Don't worry no fat. JBJisHISTORY is delusional. He is just perma-salty that his hero was exposed as a cheater and an all out fraudulent/corrupt individual. All of jon cocaine broken bones' wins are nullified forever. Once a cheat, forever a cheat. So don't fret this poster. He and his hero are history.

Ok so once a cheat always a cheat???

Cro Cop a cheat???

at this point he seems to be a much bigger threat then Fedor and he is training in a much better camp

I get it but it’s the same shit with other fighters. If Cain wasn’t so injury prone he could have potentially been goat...no???

If brawk didn’t have that horrible stomach disease he could have been top 5 all time.

You are living in a fantasy lands of what ifs and excuses. It’s his fault his career never came to fruition and making excuses for him is pathetic imo.
No one's making excuses. This is an online karate forum ffs it's okay to talk hypothetically every now and then. The same could be said about bork and Cain and there is nothing wrong with imagining different outcomes.

Since Aleks is a striker I’d be all for him fighting some older k1 legends too. Aleks vs Jerome Le Banner in MMA would be great
It was painful seeing Jerome get scarfed in Rizin, but I still love watching him fight. Would love to see Badr get in a Rizin ring with someone who will bang. Badr, Sponge, Le Banner would all be fun to watch.

Back