Damn, Jimi didnt get FOTN or any bonuses

It was fun but pretty sloppy.

Max and Ortega had a very high level fight, far more technical and both of those guys showed a lot of skill. Cumulatively Max took over with his volume but he was tagged plenty of times and just ate it. Anyone saying that wasn't a competitive fight until the final round are exaggerating. One judge gave Ortega the third round.

Holloway masterfully drowned Ortega over 20 minutes.

A one and a half round brawl is a lot of fun but I don't know that it is necessarily FOTN.

There's always undisclosed cheques. I'll be surprised if either guy didn't get sent one.

I honestly disagree about Santos' cardio. He's able to maintain a crazy pace and monster KO power deep into fights. His problem is his glass jaw, not cardio. That being said, Manuwa is a another glass cannon but wasn't able to match Thiago's handspeed and thus got landed on more and eventually finished. I will say that this one was the type of fight where you could just feel that either one of these guys was capable of winning it, and both nearly did. Crazy KO power + glass chins = Guaranteed excitement.

He comes out every round likes he shot out of a cannon. I agree he maintains the same pace deep into fights. It's 3 or 4 minutes into a round where he fades. He throws so much early that, like a sprinter, he wears out. Then you see all the defensive holes he has.

Either way the strategy to beat Santos is not to brawl with him. Especially when you have a mediocre chin.

Fought like a complete idiot. Santos literally gasses out after the first minute of each round. What's he do? Just goes toe to toe with him in round 2 as soon as the round starts.
Jimi does display some poor fight IQ, combined with a weak chin = losing.

Plus Jimi needs to learn how to kick more effectively. But hes 38 so prolly ain't gonna happen. Fun to watch tho

I think I’d rather be Jimi today than Ortega.

Ortega has too look like the kid off the movie Mask.

I wish Jimi woulda got paid, not a real big fan but his chin is shot and he’s not going to have to many more big UFC fights in his future

Would be fight of the night on most cards but Holloway vs Ortega was sick

Jimi/Santos was far more competitive and back and forth. Ortega had moments in the 3rd but nothing significant. It was mostly one sided and one of those fights that gets hype just due to the toughness/durability of one of the guys even tho he got beat up bad. Max deserved POTN for sure but that wasnt the FOTN

Exactly. Manuwa/Santos FOTN. Max POTN. Ortega COTN (Chin of the night)

Honestly was one of the best fights I've seen. Pure haymakers from start to finish. Both guys deserve mad respect for that and Jimi kept firing back with bombs.

The UFC is going to keep both fighters around for a while. They do appreciate fighters like them

There's always undisclosed cheques. I'll be surprised if either guy didn't get sent one.

They weren’t willing to pay for Evan Dunham’s ambulance ride, a ride he didn’t even want to take, what makes you think they’re willing to cut people checks?

I’d be shocked if locker room bonuses still existed at all in the UFC.

They should have a FOTN of $25K each and a $25K bonus for each finish.

They weren’t willing to pay for Evan Dunham’s ambulance ride, a ride he didn’t even want to take, what makes you think they’re willing to cut people checks?
Maycee Barbour hinted at getting one. You're right though. It is at the UFC's discretion. Maybe they did pay them and maybe they didn't.

Really surprised, that fight was like Dana's bread and butter.

I’d be shocked if locker room bonuses still existed at all in the UFC.

They should have a FOTN of $25K each and a $25K bonus for each finish.
Maycee Barbour hinted at getting a cheque after her fight. I think there just more quiet at locker room bonus's and there probably not as many as there used to back in the Lorenzo days.

Maycee Barbour hinted at getting a cheque after her fight. I think there just more quiet at locker room bonus's and there probably not as many as there used to back in the Lorenzo days.
That was a different kind of behind the scenes payment

Hopefully they gave him some backstage locker room bonus.

I honestly disagree about Santos' cardio. He's able to maintain a crazy pace and monster KO power deep into fights. His problem is his glass jaw, not cardio. That being said, Manuwa is a another glass cannon but wasn't able to match Thiago's handspeed and thus got landed on more and eventually finished. I will say that this one was the type of fight where you could just feel that either one of these guys was capable of winning it, and both nearly did. Crazy KO power + glass chins = Guaranteed excitement.

He took some ridicously heavy shots though without going out, I'm not sure I agree he has a glassjaw?

That was my choice for FOTN, despite Max's masterful dominance and Ortegas toughness.

Manuwa & Santos lost 10 years off their life-spans from that one. Pure Mayhem.

Crazy fight. Those frigging flying kick attempts that Santos threw were equal parts awesome and hilarious

Back