Damn Liberal Justices Protect 4A

Coming soon..

dims

Yeah, need a warrant or exigency to ping or get into a cell phone without permission.

If it's not partisan why do the conservatives vote on party lines on this?

It's as I said before, liberals will prop up 4A conservatives 2A. It's a matter of which one you value more.

Because those are politicians and they almost always vote with party lines, not advocating it either.

I don't quite understand your last sentence but the opposition to this ruling is easy to sell as we are talking about using cell phones to track a criminal and the normal person will stop and not think if the shoe was on the other foot.

Glad you like the decision.

Make sure to than the Supreme Court's four "quaking libs" (and one moderate) because the four conservatives dissented.

Are you sure you are a conservative? Because the conservatives on the Supreme Court seen to be working from some other definition.

Then they aren't truly conservative and are only voting in party favor. Yes I am very sure I am conservative but I have enough of a brain not to follow blindly what a political party believes. As I said escape the partisan system, the constitution dictates my beliefs.

I haven't read the whole opinion but if you the court loses another liberal justice while tRUmp or another R is POTUS good bye to digital age protections. Your 2A won't do shit for you when police engage in no knock raids from evidence obtained digitally without a warrant

As long as they don't support prosecuting Trump cronies for any crimes discovered, but not specifically related to, the Russian collusion investigation, it's all good.

That's quite the myth you are perpetuating there. Conservatives are for the least amount of government oversight.

Show me one conservative that its against government oversight and ill show you a conservative that its not voted for at all.

If Conservatives were against government oversight Ron Paul wouldnt be left on the dust in every goddamn primary race he participates in.

So, in this police state, would you two prefer to be able to own firearms or no? Not trying to belittle you guys, but I'm curious.

I don't get the intent of your question, because it's loaded for sure. Are you trying to imply that the alternative to not having civil forfeiture and no warrant tracking would be complete disarmament and nullification of the 2A?

The conservative justices here have not sided against violating digital privacy without a warrant. How do you think they will rule on civil forfeiture? Looks like they'll have a chance soon.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/nicksi...l-violates-the-eighth-amendment/#1deb636f7165

Show me one conservative that its against government oversight and ill show you a conservative that its not voted for at all.

If Conservatives were against government oversight Ron Paul wouldnt be left on the dust in every goddamn primary race he participates in.

I'm a conservative that is against large government, I think if you actually spoke to people on their stance on issues instead of your generalizations you may meet more. I think your last statement is contradictory and I think that's more a part of our society which is now dependent on someone and very few can sustain themselves without some government assistance to include utilities.

I think the new conservatives are moving back to the original vision of that affililiation and less on party beliefs and government focus.

I'm a conservative that is against large government, I think if you actually spoke to people on their stance on issues instead of your generalizations you may meet more. I think your last statement is contradictory and I think that's more a part of our society which is now dependent on someone and very few can sustain themselves without some government assistance to include utilities.

I think the new conservatives are moving back to the original vision of that affililiation and less on party beliefs and government focus.

I dont think you understand what generalization means, i didnt used an small example, i used election results as proof that conservatives are generally pretty authoritarian.

If as you said, conservatives were for less government oversight, they wouldnt be voting for people that take that government oversight and multiply it by 100x.

I read the Guardian article that @second sight posted, not the whole opinion by the Court.

What it appears is that the Court upheld the precedent that large amounts of metadata cannot be collected without a warrant, reaffirming the decision that the mass-collection programs by the NSA were also illegal on 4th Amendment grounds. This seems like the correct and reasonable ruling. The government shouldn't be able to use large bodies of data to convict you of a crime without having a warrant to collect that information.

I don't get the intent of your question, because it's loaded for sure. Are you trying to imply that the alternative to not having civil forfeiture and no warrant tracking would be complete disarmament and nullification of the 2A?

The conservative justices here have not sided against violating digital privacy without a warrant. How do you think they will rule on civil forfeiture? Looks like they'll have a chance soon.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/nicksi...l-violates-the-eighth-amendment/#1deb636f7165
I was asking because there are many who complain about the increasing power of the police and govt who also believe citizens shouldn't have guns. I don't understand that logic at all. I guess they dont think that police/govt will have even more power if citizens arent allowed to own guns.

Republicans don’t like large government.

What a load of Fucking horse shit. These people are freaking brain dead.

ITT conservatives are universally agreeing with the decision of the Court. I haven't seen a single post that said that this was a bad decision, refuted it in any way, or otherwise criticized the opinion of the Court.

Meanwhile, I can count more than a few liberal posters who are saying that conservatives hate this ruling, seek a police state, and want large government. Strawman much?

I dont think you understand what generalization means, i didnt used an small example, i used election results as proof that conservatives are generally pretty authoritarian.

If as you said, conservatives were for less government oversight, they wouldnt be voting for people that take that government oversight and multiply it by 100x.

Conservatives typically want strong enforcement of laws and this probably coincides with view of authoritarianism. I guess I would need your definition of authoritarianism and we could analyze that as I notice political affiliation sometimes changes the definition. I am pro police and want them to have the tools to do their job and enforce laws but don't want to sacrifice peoples rights to accomplish this.

Conservatives typically want strong enforcement of laws and this probably coincides with view of authoritarianism. I guess I would need your definition of authoritarianism and we could analyze that as I notice political affiliation sometimes changes the definition. I am pro police and want them to have the tools to do their job and enforce laws but don't want to sacrifice peoples rights to accomplish this.

First tell me your definition of government oversight

ITT conservatives are universally agreeing with the decision of the Court. I haven't seen a single post that said that this was a bad decision, refuted it in any way, or otherwise criticized the opinion of the Court.

Meanwhile, I can count more than a few liberal posters who are saying that conservatives hate this ruling, seek a police state, and want large government. Strawman much?

This isnt contradictory to the view of liberals that conservatives vote against their own interests because of "liberal tears".

As pointed out several times Republican policies are so fundamentally unpopular that they can only get there through identity politics and fear.

Back