Damn!!! Wanderlei Silva highlights. Rampage looks literally dead in that ring.

Kung Fu bb

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
One of the most exciting fighters ever!!!

War Silva

100% right my friend, amen.

Pure aggression. It was amazing to behold.

And don't worry about the scores of pussyfied MMA nerds who will cry "steroids" - they obviously don't understand what the sport was within the context of the time. No doubt Jackson was twice as juiced while still getting his head socker kicked half way back to Memphis.

And then Page dieded Wandy

i23245_Page2.gif

My all-time favourite. Fucking absolutely wrecked Rampage twice more than anyone ever has.

He brutalized Rampage. The thing is even Page who rarely ever gets stopped with strikes took monster punishment before going out. So credit to him. One of the legendary chins that held up over the years and I think he sort of gets overlooked since Wandy killed him. No shame in going out like that.

But Pages vicious knockout of Wandy in the ufc. was something to behold too.

Amen to that!

Rampage tried to scare Wandy before the fight but Wandy wasn't having any of it..........Rampage did the Tito Ortiz elbow blocks and Wandy read that as, " I got you muddafu*ker!"

Hopefully we get to see a couple more "vintage" Wandy fights is in Japan before he retires

I miss these kind of fights

Thank you this made my day. #PRIDENEVERDIES

Wand vs rampage one is probably the second greatest fight of all time after Diaz vs Gomi. Rampage ate sooo many fuckin knees and just kept coming. Literally like 30 knees to the dome. Guy is a fuckin animal

Edit wand vs rampage 2 which OP is referring to was also fuckin epic (probably top 10 all time) and on its way to the first one but rampage went out after like the 25th knee and the left hook to the nose.

100% right my friend, amen.

Pure aggression. It was amazing to behold.

And don't worry about the scores of pussyfied MMA nerds who will cry "steroids" - they obviously don't understand what the sport was within the context of the time. No doubt Jackson was twice as juiced while still getting his head socker kicked half way back to Memphis.
I think anyone twice as juiced as Wanderlei would probably bleed trenbolone.

And this is why Rampage said KOing Wandy in their last fight was the greatest win of his career, over winning any belts
Also has stated Wandy was his toughest opponent, and if I'm not mistaken, Silva said the same for Page
Page supported Wandy during his ban from the UFC after failing a test, (edit: dodging a test, or whatever, I don't care, WAR WANDY & RAMPAGE) and Wandy thanked him
Nothing but respect from these two who nearly tried to kill each other 3x over the past decade

And that is why most MMA fans love pride. Pure aggression, action all the time. Most people want to see fighters banging, not laying and praying . Then we have elitists who want us to enjoy women fighting , midgets and bro hugging.

War Silva

We need that Wand back one more time

What so he can fight some nameless bum and have Shercunts post about how "he was never that good" and clearly just "another Pride roidmonkey"

I don't know I think I'd rather preserve his legacy. As much as I appreciate the sentiment and would personally love nothing more... I think our enjoyment of Wandy is probably best left to showreels now.

At least that's something we can show our children and say "That's what MMA used to be kids! And I was there!" After all, they may have their iPods and their hoverboards and their Blockcraft or whatever it's called... but we witnessed prime Wandy fighting in Pride. And your once sweet little Billy will be so jealous of that and so mesmerized by the pure untamed aggression, he will put down the controller, put down the iPads, the pop tarts and nerf guns... he will join a fight gym and learn to unleash his inner aggression... and so what if you get a call from his principal saying little Billy has just beat the fuck out of the biggest kid in school? You will be proud of his achievement! And young Billy will be rewarded with a banquet fit for a warrior who has tasted the sweet nectar of victory!... And if the other kid's dad comes knocking on your door... you will gump the fucker most triumphantly. And Billy will high-five you and you will be together joined in a moment of mutual respect and understanding, forging a bond that will last a lifetime.

We have a duty to pass the torch to the next generation. And I feel Pride Wandy is the ultimate role model.

Last edited:
Back