Damn!!! Wanderlei Silva highlights. Rampage looks literally dead in that ring.

Sweet revenge

mma_g_jackson_silva1_576.jpg

What so he can fight some nameless bum and have Shercunts post about how "he was never that good" and clearly just "another Pride roidmonkey"

I don't know I think I'd rather preserve his legacy. As much as I appreciate the sentiment and would personally love nothing more... I think our enjoyment of Wandy is probably best left to showreels now.

At least that's something we can show our children and say "That's what MMA used to be kids! And I was there!" After all, they may have their iPods and their hoverboards and their Blockcraft or whatever it's called... but we witnessed prime Wandy fighting in Pride. And they will be so jealous of that and so mesmerized by his pure aggression, they will put down the controllers, put down the iPads and nerf guns... go join a gym and learn to unleash their inner aggression... and you may get a call from his principal saying little Billy has just beat the fuck out of the biggest kid in school. But you will be proud of his achievement! And he will be rewarded appropriately!... And if the kid's dad comes knocking on your door... you will gump the fucker most triumphantly.

We have a duty to pass the torch to the next generation. And I feel Pride Wandy is the ultimate role model.
nodding_clint_eastwood.gif

I remember hearing that before the (second?) fight Rampage was on the phone in his corner and when someone asked Wand who he was talking to, Wand said "he's not talking to his girlfriend, he's checking himself into the hospital". Something along those lines. War Wand.

Pride Wanderlei was a Legend. His two GOAT fights against Rampage were awesome. #AXEMURDERER !!!

And that is why most MMA fans love pride. Pure aggression, action all the time. Most people want to see fighters banging, not laying and praying . Then we have elitists who want us to enjoy women fighting , midgets and bro hugging.

War Silva
i liked then disliked.. just so i can like again

And that is why most MMA fans love pride. Pure aggression, action all the time. Most people want to see fighters banging, not laying and praying . Then we have elitists who want us to enjoy women fighting , midgets and bro hugging.

War Silva
Lay and pray happened in Pride too. The term was actually coined by Stephen Quadros.

Wanderlei silva was a monster a freak of nature, if you watch his first fight with Dan henderson he was practically unbeatable.

Another note I saw a thread about fighters having there nose broken but no one mentioned wand breaking Rampage's after that knee , if anyone has that fight go watch it rampages nose was on the side of his face it was dam nasty.

Even though his brutality was amazing, my favorite Wand moment was his clean KO of Sakuraba with two hooks. No stomps, soccer kicks, GNP. Just two vicious punches that rattled Sakuraba's brain. Hard.

We need that Wand back one more time
Not without a shit ton of steroids and growth hormone you wont.

Now in Pride the playing field was even. Fighters weren't tested. They were loaded to the gills. That was the problem some of the fighters had when they came to the UFC, they got off the drugs because they didn't have the experience or know how on how to beat tests. Something the fighters in the UFC had been practicing for some time. Add in Silva, shogun, and Crocop lost some of their scariest and most dangerous weapons not being able to knee or kick downed opponents and you could see why they struggled in the UFC.

Rampage and Anderson had boxing to fall back on that worked well for them in the UFC. Whereas the others didnt have it save Crocop who continued to think just throwing single left straights was enough.

I think anyone twice as juiced as Wanderlei would probably bleed trenbolone.
Have you ever heard of Ken Shamrock and Mark Kerr, roid munching like no tomorrow.

Not without a shit ton of steroids and growth hormone you wont.

Now in Pride the playing field was even. Fighters weren't tested. They were loaded to the gills. That was the problem some of the fighters had when they came to the UFC, they got off the drugs because they didn't have the experience or know how on how to beat tests. Something the fighters in the UFC had been practicing for some time. Add in Silva, shogun, and Crocop lost some of their scariest and most dangerous weapons not being able to knee or kick downed opponents and you could see why they struggled in the UFC.

Rampage and Anderson had boxing to fall back on that worked well for them in the UFC. Whereas the others didnt have it save Crocop who continued to think just throwing single left straights was enough.

Shogun had multiple injuries yet he still came back and took the UFC title.

Wanderlei was knocked out cold his last two fights in PRIDE. A left high kick from Cro Cop and and a left hook and H Bomb smash from Dan Henderson.

Cro Cop already had over 100 something fights if you combine his boxing and kickboxing record with his MMA record. He also had a deviated septum surgery soon after joining the UFC.

At some point Wanderlei and Cro Cop were going to have to slow down. They had way too many fights and way too much damage. Wand's peak was 2004 and he actually got slower after bulking up in 2005 and 2006.

Cro Cop peaked in 2005 in the build up to the Fedor fight. He was lightning quick in 2003 and prior. Once his speed and explosion gradually wore away he became less and less dangerous.

Shogun had multiple injuries yet he still came back and took the UFC title.

Wanderlei was knocked out cold his last two fights in PRIDE. A left high kick from Cro Cop and and a left hook and H Bomb smash from Dan Henderson.

Cro Cop already had over 100 something fights if you combine his boxing and kickboxing record with his MMA record. He also had a deviated septum surgery soon after joining the UFC.

At some point Wanderlei and Cro Cop were going to have to slow down. They had way too many fights and way too much damage. Wand's peak was 2004 and he actually got slower after bulking up in 2005 and 2006.

Cro Cop peaked in 2005 in the build up to the Fedor fight. He was lightning quick in 2003 and prior. Once his speed and explosion gradually wore away he became less and less dangerous.
Don't you think it was the HGH that slowed Wand down?

Good old days! Fighter fought harder talked less and we didnt have fucking twitter wars like 12 yr old girls

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back