Dana "Everclear said not a good idea to sing the national anthem, to controversial right now"

LOL. Comments like this are equally to blame as to what is wrong with this country. Why do people respond like this? Are you really that mentally unstable that you can't even dignify a response without hurling insults and personally attacking someone? He said nothing to even warrant such a response like that.
Thank you, i am glad some people are reasonable. He didnt have anything left to contribute so he decided to attack with childish insults.

I comprehend the context of it very well. As a matter of fact, having studied American Government & History, I understand the fundamentals of Democracy and the foundation that the US was built on, and when I see that people are being suppressed to protest, I see that as a threat to Democracy and the US itself.

Peaceful protest means protesting without the use of violence. It is not limited to marching on the street. There are many forms of peaceful protests. An economic boycott is one example of a peaceful protest in a Democratic society that does not involve marching the streets.

If peaceful protest is restricted to just "marching the street," then this is not a Democracy. It's a form of authoritarian government - the kind of government that the original founders of the US wanted to get away from.

The NFL is publicly traded while the teams are privately owned.

If the team owner decides to penalize his/her own players for exercising Democracy, that is his/her personal choice. That does not mean the action of the team owner is in-line with the values of Democracy.

It's a form of protest - without using any violence. I think most people know that.

One of the best things about a Democratic society (as opposed to an authoritarian society) is that citizens can love the country and still see its flaws, protest, speak out without being retaliated and suppressed (in theory, at least).

When citizens are suppressed and labelled as being "disrespectful" or "unpatriotic" towards the country by disagreeing, then we are moving away from Democracy All that and towards a form of authoritarian government.
You typed all that without adding to the conversation, great job. Just stating facts that we all already know and that nobody is contradicting is pretty useless. I understand what a democracy is and what a protest is. Literally everything you mentioned has been covered or is irrelevant.

People will have you believe by pointing that out and disagreeing you are being "divisive" which is every liberals new go to word. As if purposely kneeling when it's time to honor our flag isn't divisive.
I actually wouldn't have a problem with kneeling during the anthem if someone could actually articulate and justify the purpose and goal. The problem is that there is no vision, there is no leadership, there is no clearly identified problem that people can rally together to try and solve. It's all just senseless whining. As if the keys to change rest in the hands of football fans. This is one of the dumbest protests in world history. And now it's forcing people and players into a tribal mentality where they have to take sides.

Lol!!
I have lived and traveled all over the world. I live abroad now, and have been for almost a decade, 'kid'. Lol My job literally has had me working with some of the poorest of the poor. Ive seen real poverty in Asia, the Middle East, and Central America. You don't know shit.
I didn't say the world outside of the US was paradise. I said that it isn't the shitshow you're making it out to be. And the US isn't the paradise you make it out to be either. There are different factors that make life easier and harder depending on your location and culture.
There is no where perfect, but 70% of the world isn't living in Mad Maxesque worlds
Your straw man diatribe sucks. I didn't say anything like that. Save me your "I've been all over the world" crap. Yes 60 to 70% of the world have much lower standards of living than the average or even what we would consider poor American. Thats a statistical fact. You have to make the argument about the extreme poverty because it's the only one you have but if you had ever seen real poverty you wouldn't be making this dumb relativistic defense of your position.

I actually wouldn't have a problem with kneeling during the anthem if someone could actually articulate and justify the purpose and goal. The problem is that there is no vision, there is no leadership, there is no clearly identified problem that people can rally together to try and solve. It's all just senseless whining. As if the keys to change rest in the hands of football fans. This is one of the dumbest protests in world history. And now it's forcing people and players into a tribal mentality where they have to take sides.
Well said. I would always have a problem with kneeling but i respect your point of view on it.

He said nothing about football. He said he had a hard time sing lines like "bombs bursting in air" when so many people who just experienced a war zone would be in that stadium.

If you believe that Ive got a pocket of bridges to sell you. Its nothing more than bleeding heart anti-Americanism which is trendy as fuck right now.

Again resorting to childish insults per the usual

Says the Bitch boy who's posts are filled with insults.

Harden the fu k up buttercup.

I hate sad fucks like you. Baits people then crys like a baby when people bite.

Go play in traffic you pissant

Born and raised in Boston

Im not even American (although I do have a Dual Citizenship) but I would rather contract aids then live in that cesspit of a country.

Listening to Everclear is like listening to a bottle of Carolina Reaper sauce.

You know what hurts profits more than anything? Losing. Let’s not pretend that winning isn’t all the owners care about, because it is. And kneeling isn’t hurting ratings, don’t be naive
Fine I won't be naive if you stop being a fucking idiot. Google it. Sure they care about winning, you don't say. Why do you think Jerry Jones and other owners are starting to make the players stand? Because it's hurting their pockets. Viewership was down 13% and depending where you want to read about it, it's pretty obvious. Even the most liberal sources are trying to spin the ratings being down because of other factors such as hurricanes or just not as many people watching.

Dude, you're so bland, someone has a opinion and its 'edgy'? Lol. Go back to the Mayberry.
And my opinion is you're a turd. Head back to the UFC discussion.

Well said. I would always have a problem with kneeling but i respect your point of view on it.
My thinking is that if I lived during the 60s and the government was forcing me to give up my freedom to randomly fight Vietnamese people thousands of miles away, i'd like to think i'd support any act of defiance.

EINTOKX.jpg

Back