Dana finally confirms Conor is being stripped, and Cucuy vs Khabib is for the actual title

And that is one reason I don't like him and think he's bad for the sport. Titles, lineage, and legacy matter.

Not to casuals. They want superstars. Casuals pay the UFC bills...not fanboys.

He went the extra mile and took home the loaner belt from UFC 205.
He kept the belt Dana's goons took back from Woodley. Just days after he told Woodley he was coming for 'all the belts'. That's ice cold.

I guarantee he's not stripped. They might call the winner champion but the moment Conor comes back, they'll act like Conor is still champ and promote it champ vs. champ.

They are terrified of stripping him.

1041366.jpg

only logical thing to do, strip but immediate title shot IF he decides to return.

I don't think Conor ever proved himself and lost to Diaz so yeah. Aldo was old.

McGregors about as overrated Champ as @Arm Barbarian barbarian who actually bribed sherdog to win the GOAT poster when his game is whack and im the true goat

He hemmed and hawed at the live conference when pressed about Conor being stripped, but he's now confirming it.

Says Conor understands, and wants time off after making a ton of money with the Floyd fight. Dana says he hopes McGregor will fight the new champ when or if he returns.

So we now FINALLY know the division is moving forward and we will have a new, undisputed champion on April 7th. No 'double champion' BS.

Timestamped:

How many fights does Conor have left on his contract. Maybe he wants to get stripped, fight out contract and start his own promotion and fight for himself.

Khabib's first title defense: Poirier/Gaethje or Eddie. That LW steam.

Conor being the challenger, and Khabib defending his title in Russia, would generate a more interesting storyline than the other way around. Hence more cash.

Well played Dana.

LEL at "muh MMA fans" who are getting conned by Dana and hailing this PR stunt as being good for MMA. The Baldfather is two steps ahead of you. Always.

The only thing I hate about it is Conor doesn't care about belts, so he can surrender it as a strategic move to not have to fight both Khabib and Tony back to back. I'm glad he was stripped but I would be much more happy if he had to take some fights to get back to a title shot. There should be a penalty for refusal to defend.
Why? He fought the best boxer on earth and is the biggest draw ever

only logical thing to do, strip but immediate title shot IF he decides to return.

Would you also campaign for st pierre to get an immediate title shot at mw, regardless of the state of the division, should he ever decide to come back?

And people actually think he'll surpass Mayweather in money made during his career? He isn't hungry anymore.

"Says Conor understands, and wants time off after making a ton of money with the Floyd fight"

He is taking time off because he made money? LOL such a duck. This dude is ducking both Khabib and Tony because he knows both of them will smash him.

Back