Dana has some very strong points about the Liddell/Ortiz Golden Boy Disaster (Jim Norton interview)

Madmick

Zugzwang
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
Sounds like Jim Norton from the Norton/Serra podcast:

Drinking game: take a shot every time Dana called Oscar a "cokehead".

He does make some damn good points (not that they're hard to find). The segment from 2:28-3:02 is damning.

Note: I ran a few searches, but I didn't find this specific discussion. If it already exists, or if there is a better thread suited for this post, my bad, throw me the link, and I'll merge.The interview is over a week old, after all.

Isn't BJ Penn fight soon? Didn't they announce Anderson Silva vs Israel Adesanya on the same night as Ortiz/Liddell?

Well. Dana did make money off of Punk who belonged nowhere near the Octagon.... but he is right about Chuck. That is why he gave him a cake job to do nothing but not fight.

Sounds like Jim Norton from the Norton/Serra podcast:

Drinking game: take a shot every time Dana called Oscar a "cokehead".

He does make some damn good points (not that they're hard to find). The segment from 2:28-3:02 is damning.

Note: I ran a few searches, but I didn't find this specific discussion. If it already exists, or if there is a better thread suited for this post, my bad, throw me the link, and I'll merge.The interview is over a week old, after all.

Whoever sanctioned that fight should be ashamed. Chuck should not be fighting that poor man has endured enough brain trauma he got tricked into this fight I hope he at least got paid. Watching this thing made me sick to my stomach. Tito is a loser he will get what's coming to him 10 fold.

Didn't watch but I guess he's being a hypocrite again.
At least Chuck vs Tito was watchable compared to BJ vs Rodriguez. Chuck wasn't thrown in the cage with a young and hungry fighter so even De La Hoya is above him (at least so far).

Back