Dana says a DJ-TJ super-fight is 'not happening'

NandoMoura

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
UFC President Dana White said in a Thursday text message to the Los Angeles Times that a bout between flyweight champion Demetrious Johnson and bantamweight champion T.J. Dillashaw "is not happening."

"It was never made. Plus, D.J. is hurt and out for a while," White texted, adding, "we are working on" an alternate title defense for Orange County's Dillashaw, who recaptured the belt in November by defeating Cody Garbrandt at Madison Square Garden.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/boxing/la-sp-ufc-dillashaw-demetrious-johnson-20180322-story.html

preview_5477e1a4-08d5-486a-8f79-ad1d538e7949.jpg

This is one of those matchups that will happen in 5 years when one or both are out of their prime.

Duck Johnson at it again. Silva didnt have any problem going up 20 lbs in weight when he cleared out his division

Fighters are so lame these days ;(

They all think they're worth more than they are, like 90% of the rest of the country lol

We are getting weak

Fuuuuuuck.

On the bright side, it's not like they're at a loss for enticing BW defenses. Personally, I'd like to see a Cruz rematch. Moraes would be a fun fight to watch, and a Rivera is a worthy contender.

Garbrandt should fight Assuncao. Would rather see cody fight Lineker, but I can only see Assuncao getting a TS if he beats Cody or Dom.

Who's MM gonna fight at FLW though?

UFC President Dana White said in a Thursday text message to the Los Angeles Times that a bout between flyweight champion Demetrious Johnson and bantamweight champion T.J. Dillashaw "is not happening."

"It was never made. Plus, D.J. is hurt and out for a while," White texted, adding, "we are working on" an alternate title defense for Orange County's Dillashaw, who recaptured the belt in November by defeating Cody Garbrandt at Madison Square Garden.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/boxing/la-sp-ufc-dillashaw-demetrious-johnson-20180322-story.html
I wish cruz hadn't broken his arm and had won the fight he was scheduled for. Rivera right? Would've been the perfect time for cruz/dillashaw 2

I like DJ, but it really does seem as though he wants no part of TJ. Shame, because this is an incredible fight.

just have him fight exotic animals instead

Back