Dana says a DJ-TJ super-fight is 'not happening'

when we all know DJ is pricing himself right out of the fight!

We do?

Lets see your work, source and math plz. I would like to be updated on this obvious news.

Looks like DJ injury is the new reason being given, when we all know DJ is pricing himself right out of the fight!
He called out Cruz in 2016 (before he lost to Garbrandt) and his asking price then was the same asking price now, you're spewing a false narrative, try again.

Making no effort? Did you read the link i posted at all?
How about this one
https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2018/2/...n-tj-dillashaw-super-fight-flyweight-mma-news

You DJ haters are hilarious. Still pretending like he was avoiding this when he was clearly making an effort for it.
This seems like he's making effort... why? The fact that negotiations briefly existed (since apparently they are now "dormant")? You think negotiations were unsuccessful because of TJ or scheduling? Clearly halfhearted and failed negotiations now constitute a sincere effort in your mind?

I'm not a DJ hater, I defended him on many occasions, including when this TJ fight business began. However, it has become clear that DJ has no real interest in this fight, and this cavalcade of prevarication has made that obvious.

And that's the UFC's fault.

It's the fault of there being no talented fighters that small aside from like 3 guys. DJ should move up or allow TJ to come down to him.

preview_5477e1a4-08d5-486a-8f79-ad1d538e7949.jpg
Jon Snow, my hero, us a microlet??!! NNNNOOOOoooooo!!!!

Look at that evil pos in the center buying swords with the blood of brothers at war.
Not gonna lie, this made me chuckle.

This seems like he's making effort... why? The fact that negotiations briefly existed (since apparently they are now "dormant")? You think negotiations were unsuccessful because of TJ or scheduling? Clearly halfhearted and failed negotiations now constitute a sincere effort in your mind?

I'm not a DJ hater, I defended him on many occasions, including when this TJ fight business began. However, it has become clear that DJ has no real interest in this fight, and this cavalcade of prevarication has made that obvious.
I'll just leave this here:
He called out Cruz in 2016 (before he lost to Garbrandt) and his asking price then was the same asking price now, you're spewing a false narrative, try again.

We need time to tell, I think putting your top contenders on the prelims can still really benefit the division.
Your sarcasm is dialed up to 11 this evening. The UFC also over-represents WMMA by such a large margin that other divisions (particularly the in-between divisions) suffer for it; see the link in my signature for more details.

Bantamweight and Flyweight have also decreased in average age over the past 5 years (see link in signature for more details), so it's not like the division is filled with dinosaurs like HW/LHW/MW.

First off, good. It was a dumb fight.

Second, Mouse has nothing to do with it. Dana is punishing TJ for being a pussy and doing the exact same thing he complained about for 2 years.
Damn it's rare, but I love when someone posts on here with common sense! +1

This seems like he's making effort... why? The fact that negotiations briefly existed (since apparently they are now "dormant")? You think negotiations were unsuccessful because of TJ or scheduling? Clearly halfhearted and unsuccessful negotiations now constitute a sincere effort in your mind?

How are these not sincere effort to make the fight? How is not him making an effort? Because you say he isnt? Show me a source showing at all DJs fault this fight isnt happening. I've only show you sources of DJ talking about trying to make the happen and your only retort is "how is this making an effort?" And calling it halfhearted. I guess you know DJ better than himself.

If it's really the case that DJ is injured, then they should have TJ fight Cejudo for the interim title. As it stands, TJ is already a more legit 125 lb champion than DJ. If, upon his return, DJ still doesn't wanna fight, then just strip him of the title.

Looks like DJ injury is the new reason being given, when we all know DJ is pricing himself right out of the fight!

It’s not going to sell. And the UFC knows that. They have to book it on a major card to get the buys. So the fight itself is not worth a serious asking price.

He's a pussy for not taking a championship fight on short notice?

Short notice? Dilly has been asking for this for over a year. But Mouse has true contenders to dethrone like ray borg and Wilson Reis.

Might mouse doesn’t want the fight. If a fighter ever says if fighter x misses weight I get both purses and the fight is off.

I’ve watched and been apart of boxing and mma for almost 30 years.
Mighty Mouse is the k my fighter ever who has made such a ridiculous demand.

He acts like he had clout. He has no resume and is a champion by default.

There isn’t a lot of depth in mma period. And when you get down to 125 it’s almost offenses to act like these guys are world class. Lower weight classes in boxing I really enjoy. As it has the talent pool.
Mma is about 30 years
Off from that.

Nobody wants to even watch him fight for free and he has a fight with an opponent that not only people want to see but is a champion. And not only that but the higher weight champion will go all the way down to your fraudulent weight to expose you and then it’s not fair that he jumps the line.

Taking your ball and going home over a lb. is unheard of.
A higher weight champion going to meet the smaller guys is unheard of.

They should strip him like they did the girl who was champ and thought she wouldn’t have to fight the only girl worth fighting. Cyborg.125 could go away tomorrow and very few would care.

It’s not going to sell. And the UFC knows that. They have to book it on a major card to get the buys. So the fight itself is not worth a serious asking price.
Mighty mouse NEVER gets to be on major cards. I liken it to one of the reasons he's not popular. "he's borring" or "doesn't finish fights" simply doesn't cut it as an excuse. He's never had the opportunity to even be the Co-main on a huge card. They should put him as the Co-main of DC vs Stipe.

DJ is a disgrace and the ufc are retarded

merge 125 & 135 at 130

better for the fans
we need less divisions and less fighters in the ufc

we should get a UFC full of rematches entitled something corny - UFC No Mercy / UFC Reload / UFC Bad Blood / UFC It's Time...Again

JJ vs Rose II is already on, but they should've added:

TJ vs Cruz / Cody 2

Bisping vs Rockhold 3

Romero vs Whittaker 2

Silva vs Weidman 3

get Page and Wandy back for part 4, Chuck and Tito 3

and I guess MM can fight/beat poor Benavidez for the 3rd time

It's the fault of there being no talented fighters that small aside from like 3 guys. DJ should move up or allow TJ to come down to him.
MmcqQjR.jpg

rUiP46r.jpg

Flyweight's average age is the youngest of all the divisions and has actually decreased over the last 5 years. Furthermore, the division accounts for 7.1% of all the fighters in the world, which is the same amount as Heavyweight and Light Heavyweight, with all three individually surpassing the combined number of female fighters by roughly 180%, yet Women's Strawweight had more fights last year than Men's Flyweight.

This is indicative of the UFC's recruiting habits and them not investing time into further developing the Flyweight division, hence it's their fault and not because the talent doesn't exist (because the numbers prove that as false).

MmcqQjR.jpg

rUiP46r.jpg

Flyweight's average age is the youngest of all the divisions and has actually decreased over the last 5 years. Furthermore, the division accounts for 7.1% of all the fighters in the world, which is the same amount as Heavyweight and Light Heavyweight, with all three individually surpassing the combined number of female fighters by roughly 180%, yet Women's Strawweight had more fights last year than any of them.

This is indicative of the UFC's recruiting habits and them not investing time into further developing the Flyweight division, hence it's their fault and not because the talent doesn't exist (because the numbers prove that as false).

Ugh, those numbers include uninteresting UFC shows and prelims, maybe even outside UFC stuff. Basically useless stuff.

125ers cannot fight

DJ is a disgrace and the ufc are retarded

merge 125 & 135 at 130

better for the fans
we need less divisions and less fighters in the ufc
Because his asking price is the same number it was when he called out Cruz in 2016?

Back