Dana says a DJ-TJ super-fight is 'not happening'

If it's really the case that DJ is injured, then they should have TJ fight Cejudo for the interim title. As it stands, TJ is already a more legit 125 lb champion than DJ. If, upon his return, DJ still doesn't wanna fight, then just strip him of the title.

So TJ defending the BW belt doesn't make any sense to you? Interesting.

I love it.

Right now TJ and his fans are fucking curled up in a corner crying because he got put in his place and has to defend his own title instead of being a little bitch trying to pick a fight with a smaller guy. TJ would never win the 145lb strap, so in this day and age of dual-weight champions, TJ's only chance at a claim to fame just got pushed in raw and bareback.

MmcqQjR.jpg

rUiP46r.jpg

Flyweight's average age is the youngest of all the divisions and has actually decreased over the last 5 years. Furthermore, the division accounts for 7.1% of all the fighters in the world, which is the same amount as Heavyweight and Light Heavyweight, with all three individually surpassing the combined number of female fighters by roughly 180%, yet Women's Strawweight had more fights last year than Men's Flyweight.

This is indicative of the UFC's recruiting habits and them not investing time into further developing the Flyweight division, hence it's their fault and not because the talent doesn't exist (because the numbers prove that as false).

But they went out and singed a ton of champions from other organizations and still no one was even good enough to be ranked in the UFC top 10. It's just a bunch of scrubs who are competitive with each other and then Joe B, Cejudo and MM above all of them by a huge margin.

UFC President Dana White said in a Thursday text message to the Los Angeles Times that a bout between flyweight champion Demetrious Johnson and bantamweight champion T.J. Dillashaw "is not happening."

"It was never made. Plus, D.J. is hurt and out for a while," White texted, adding, "we are working on" an alternate title defense for Orange County's Dillashaw, who recaptured the belt in November by defeating Cody Garbrandt at Madison Square Garden.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/boxing/la-sp-ufc-dillashaw-demetrious-johnson-20180322-story.html

Of course it’s not because TJ vs Garbtandt is a bigger draw and the UFC wants Garbrandt to be the 135 champ anyways. Once he is THEN the fight with Midget Mouse can happen.

dj knew that he was going to get rkt. Duck.

So TJ defending the BW belt doesn't make any sense to you? Interesting.

I love it.

Right now TJ and his fans are fucking curled up in a corner crying because he got put in his place and has to defend his own title instead of being a little bitch trying to pick a fight with a smaller guy. TJ would never win the 145lb strap, so in this day and age of dual-weight champions, TJ's only chance at a claim to fame just got pushed in raw and bareback.
A BW title defense makes sense. But an interim FLW title fight makes more sense considering DJ's injury status and general unwillingness to fight. We need a legit 125 champ.

You are very emotional in your last paragraph. Good, I like fans to be passionate and actually give a shit. There's not much content there for me to respond to though.

I guess DJ really considers himself as the P4P #1 fighter in the world, to me he really needs this fight to solidify that, meh whatever makes him happy

H
That’s not a superfight anyways.
Superfights are big fights fans want to see.

125 is silly. It takes
Mighty Mouse a minute and a half to walk around the cage.
It’s Trippy as fuck live. 2 little hands trying to control his 16oz. Bottle of water which is about the length of his arm. Feet dangling off the stool not even touching the canvas.

The greatest fighter ever should be able to drink a soda with one hand. Should be able to enter a truck without a lift. Should be able to get on and off a swing on a playground if that problem should arise.
He should be able
To finish a hamburger in one sitting.
This should be common sense.

The man is so small he literally takes children’s doses of his medications.

These are all facts.
How dare you....
tenor.gif

Well, at least it gave us something to talk about for the last 3 months. I'm disappointed because TJ would be DJ's greatest challenge to date - and after TJ dispatched Garbrandt I don't think anyone else would be as challenging as DJ (IMO Cruz is on the decline, plus we all know his injury history)

But they went out and singed a ton of champions from other organizations and still no one was even good enough to be ranked in the UFC top 10. It's just a bunch of scrubs who are competitive with each other and then Joe B, Cejudo and MM above all of them by a huge margin.
I did the numbers just for you. This is what these "champions" were ranked at the time the season began:

7/1/16 | Men's Flyweight

#13 | Tim Elliott
#15 | Hiromasa Ogikubo
#22 | Alexandre Pantoja

#35 | Yoni Sherbatov
#46 | Eric Shelton
#56 | Kai Kara France
#58 | Adam Antolin
#61 | Matt Schnell
#71 | Charlie Alaniz
#79 | Matt Rizzo
#93 | Brandon Moreno
#99 | Ronaldo Candido
#107 | Damacio Page
#116 | Nkazimulo Zulu
#140 | Terrence Mitchell
UR | Jamie Alvarez

Meanwhile, these Flyweights (and their ranks at the time) were not recruited:

#9 Magomed Bibulatov
#19 Czar Sklavos
#23 Bruno Menezes
#24 Kairat Akhmetov
#25 Adriano Moraes
They should have simply signed the above fighters in addition to Elliott, Ogikubo, and Pantoja.

54% of the top 50 flyweights are not currently in the UFC; 33.33% being in ranks 1-25 and 66.66% being in ranks 26-50.

Compared to similarly stacked divisions:

42% of the top 50 light heavyweights are not currently in the UFC; 47.62% being in ranks 1-25 and 52.38% being in ranks 26-50.
58% of the top 50 heavyweights are not currently in the UFC; 37.93% being in ranks 1-25 and 62.07% being in ranks 26-50.

So based on the rankings: Flyweight > Heavyweight > Light Heavyweight.

That’s not a superfight anyways.
Superfights are big fights fans want to see.

125 is silly. It takes
Mighty Mouse a minute and a half to walk around the cage.
It’s Trippy as fuck live. 2 little hands trying to control his 16oz. Bottle of water which is about the length of his arm. Feet dangling off the stool not even touching the canvas.

The greatest fighter ever should be able to drink a soda with one hand. Should be able to enter a truck without a lift. Should be able to get on and off a swing on a playground if that problem should arise.
He should be able
To finish a hamburger in one sitting.
This should be common sense.

The man is so small he literally takes children’s doses of his medications.

These are all facts.
Not gonna lie "drink a soda with one hand" made me laugh

Sorry you're that insecure. I'm sure he gets plenty more pussy than you, despite your stupid opinion.

it is a quote from the TV show that he is in Game of Thrones. Queen Dany and Tyrion discuss how short he is, bearing in mind that Tyrion is an actual midget.

sorry you are so insecure you have to attack people on the internet when they are just quoting one of the most popular TV shows.

I'm disappointed but not surprised.

Hopefully they just give Rivera his shot, have Dom vs Cody 2 for number one contender and I don't know, have Moraes fight someone fun.

DJ complains about not being popular but then does everything he can to avoid one of the few fights that could make him popular.

<{hfved}>

Back