Dana: UFC TV deal will "blow people's minds"

Nice of Dana to provide us with a relatively complete looking list of things that for certain won't happen this year.

Jones is a drug user and will never be considered champ because of that. DC is the real champ. Go cry about it.

<mma1>

Jones is a total fuck up I am not defending that, but at the same time give it some proper context please. When he was champ there was no USADA and TRT was rampant. Level playing field for sure. Delusional clowns pretend Jones was using whatever, while all others were clean as can be. Sure sure. And sadly DC's legacy is tied to the man he failed to defeat. Jones is still regarded as the best LHW of all time, the best in the world. Ask the media, the fighters, and the fans. It is still Jones.. DC knows it too..

Jones is a total fuck up I am not defending that, but at the same time give it some proper context please. When he was champ there was no USADA and TRT was rampant. Level playing field for sure. Delusional clowns pretend Jones was using whatever, while all others were clean as can be. Sure sure. And sadly DC's legacy is tied to the man he failed to defeat. Jones is still regarded as the best LHW of all time, the best in the world. Ask the media, the fighters, and the fans. It is still Jones.. DC knows it too..
jlj.0.gif

If they let Jones back this year I'm fucking out for a while. Bullshit. If he doesnt get at least two years someonebgot fucking bribed.

Lol at Brock coming back again, I dont believe that at all.

Most of that seems like complete BS, Conor wont fight more than once if he comes back at all. If he was coming back anytime soon Khabib and Fergs wouldnt be fighting.
I wouldn't hold Bones coming back against the UFC. If he is reinstated it is because of USADA. Although I understand your frustrations.

I don't see most of that happening but would be pleased to see like half of that happen.

Cliff Notes of crazy Dana's 2018 predictions (with video below);

• This first quarter of 2018 will be the best quarter in UFC history.
  • Money will never determine how we are gonna run this business. Everything is good, everything is positive.
  • New TV deal will blow people's minds, groundbreaking stuff, super duper deal.
  • McGregor WILL fight more than once in 2018
  • GSP WILL return to fight in 2018
  • Rousey will NOT fight in the UFC in 2018
  • Brock Lesnar WILL fight in the UFC in 2018
  • Jon Jones WILL fight in the UFC in 2018
  • One of the Diaz brothers WILL fight in the UFC in 2018
  • CM Punk WILL fight in the UFC in 2018
  • No new weightclasses will be added in 2018
  • ZUFFA Boxing WILL hold its first boxing event in 2018
  • McGregor is technically still the champion but if he doesn't commit then Nurmagomedov vs. Ferguson will be for the real title.
  • Best financial year EVER in the history of the company

“Money will never determine how we are gonna run this business.”- This is the biggest lie he has ever told. On another note I watched the entire 7 minute interview he did with that dude and I must say the reporter is the best in the business. He had great questions and got more good info out of Dana in 7 minutes than most could get in hours.

“Money will never determine how we are gonna run this business.”- This is the biggest lie he has ever told. On another note I watched the entire 7 minute interview he did with that dude and I must say the reporter is the best in the business. He had great questions and got more good info out of Dana in 7 minutes than most could get in hours.

Agreed on all
Unlike Ariel, he does not try to create news & spin it.

The only way the tv deal could "blow people's minds" is if they moved completely to free television. which is not going to happen

I wouldn't hold Bones coming back against the UFC. If he is reinstated it is because of USADA. Although I understand your frustrations.

USADA makes millions from the UFC, you better believe they try to make decisions to benefit the UFC whenever possible. I’m not saying they ignore tests or do anything illegal but in every case where a decision involving a superstar is up to their interpretation they will do what is in the best interest of the UFC because they want the UFC to renew its contract with them when it’s eventually up.

I follow a few rules when it comes to the ufc but one in particular has served me well.

1. Don’t listen to a word that Dana says.

McGregor is technically still the champion but if he doesn't commit then Nurmagomedov vs. Ferguson will be for the real title.

This still makes absolutely no sense....What does that even mean?

It means Dana is smart. Dana knows there is around a 50% chance this fight doesn’t happen due to injury or weight issues and the UFC can’t have a division with no champion. If this fight actually happens it WILL be for the title but they aren’t going to strip Conor until the day of the fight. If it falls through Conor will hold the belt until he fights again or another fight worthy of crowning a champion takes place. Make sense now?

USADA makes millions from the UFC, you better believe they try to make decisions to benefit the UFC whenever possible. I’m not saying they ignore tests or do anything illegal but in every case where a decision involving a superstar is up to their interpretation they will do what is in the best interest of the UFC because they want the UFC to renew its contract with them when it’s eventually up.
USADA is a non profit organization. They have no interests in protecting certain UFC stars to renew contracts. They are completely independent from the UFC. If they were worried about their contract with the UFC they would have never did what they did with UFC 200.

So what I’m getting from this is

Lesnar, Jones, gsp n Conor are not coming back

Conor will stay ufc champ regardless

New weight classes will be added

Ronda might fight in 18

Zuffa boxing is not happening

USADA is a non profit organization. They have no interests in protecting certain UFC stars to renew contracts. They are completely independent from the UFC. If they were worried about their contract with the UFC they would have never did what they did with UFC 200.

Technically sure they are but the money that comes in from the UFC allows them to buy better equipment, hire more people and pay themselves higher salaries so they absolutely have an interest in maintaining a great relationship with the UFC.

I am glad you brought up UFC 200 because it is actually a good example of this. They allowed Brock to fight with only a month of drug testing instead of the required four months.

And the fighters will only see 10% of that money

Technically sure they are but the money that comes in from the UFC allows them to buy better equipment, hire more people and pay themselves higher salaries so they absolutely have an interest in maintaining a great relationship with the UFC.

I am glad you brought up UFC 200 because it is actually a good example of this. They allowed Brock to fight with only a month of drug testing instead of the required four months.
I suggest you do a little more research about the company to understand their roll with not only the UFC but with sports world wide. The $ they are getting from the UFC isn't anything that they can't do without. UFC engaged them and not vice versa.

To hell with the tv deal, did they sign Reebok to a 4 year extension yet?

McGregor is technically still the champion but if he doesn't commit then Nurmagomedov vs. Ferguson will be for the real title.

This still makes absolutely no sense....What does that even mean?
sounds like he is saying if Conor doesn't sign to fight the winner before they fight he will be stripped and the fight will be for the real belt.

Back