Dana White announces the freakshow will continue

Hell I'll take any excuses to watch CM Punk get beat up again. I'm all in.

CM Punk is just lucky Pride isn't around because they made their pro wrestlers fight Fedor and Cro Cop lol

On one hand,I don't want to give money to watch such a stupid fight.
On the other hand, I really want to see CM Punk having the piss beaten out of him.

UFC fucked up by having Punk fight a legit fight. The ego was too strong and they missed a serious opportunity.

Rather than trying to sell us on something that obviously isn't true the UFC should have put him in with a boxer or another wrestler and just rake in the freakshow $$$, with no BS pretending to be something they aren't.

I don't mind if he gets another shot, just give him a guys whos like 0-1 too

UFC fucked up by having Punk fight a legit fight. The ego was too strong and they missed a serious opportunity.

Rather than trying to sell us on something that obviously isn't true the UFC should have put him in with a boxer or another wrestler and just rake in the freakshow $$$, with no BS pretending to be something they aren't.

Agreed. Put him in there with Andre Ward.

I have all the respect for Punk for putting his nuts on the line again like this to be honest, i wish him all the best.

giphy.gif

He was also trained by Rickson Gracie in Jiu-Jitsu, he's pretty agile and hard to pin down.
Just rolls right out of the submissions

Mind boggling that the UFC thinks it's worth embarrassing the entire sport for a quick cash grab.

Is it really tho? UFC has been more than willing to embarras both the sport AND it's high profile fighters, not to mention low profile ones, at every corner when they could sniff out a big payday. It gives two shits about champions, contendership and anything else as long as they can get a big PPV.

Why are we still pretending it's a sports org first and not a business primarily? This is why I've zero sympathy for these cunts when McGregor extorts them - they fucking deserve it. Every bit of it. He should milk them all day every day until they decide - which is unlikely to ever happen, but it is what it is - to be a sports org first, and a greedy business afterwards.

Theoretically, if you're the kind of guy whose still nostalgic for PRIDE days and who anguishes over how much better everything was during PRIDE's heyday, at the very least you should be content with this even if Punk's going up against the most capable rising star they can find.

I have all the respect for Punk for putting his nuts on the line again like this to be honest, i wish him all the best.

he whispered feebly after binge-watching CM Punk's season on MTV The Challenge from a pile of moldy food

"...feed us" whispered his cats from a collapsed section of the floorboards

Theoretically, if you're the kind of guy whose still nostalgic for PRIDE days and who anguishes over how much better everything was during PRIDE's heyday, at the very least you should be content with this even if Punk's going up against the most capable rising star they can find.

I am a nostalgic PRIDE fanboy. Tell me one fighter in PRIDE that matched Punks incompetence for MMA?
Maybe there really was one I dont remember.

Even Giant Silva at least had his physical advantage and crazy as it sounds better skillset (bjj). Other than that the freak fights were often a mismatch but between two skilled opponents. Minowaman;)

Punk is a lesser athlete with less strenght and motoric skillset + less skilled in every aspect of fighting.
Maybe he is Giant Silva 2 without the physical atributes that could be a fitting description but even there I favor Silva.

Worst case scenario, they find a stooge that Punk can actually beat, then he becomes a hype job and more WWE fans invade the MMA community.
Best case scenario he gets choked out in the first round without much damage and never comes back.

They should have advised him to start in the ammy's for at least 3 fights for his career/health sake when he first contacted the UFC.

Back