Dana white can probably do more pullups than most of you

I am 298lbs in this video. My 4th set of 10.
I can do 18 or 20 overhands. I can do 23 chin ups.

Anybody want a pull up competition?
I'm 280lbs today.

did your chin go over the bar on any of those?

only calling you out bc i know you can't bash me over the internet :p

did your chin go over the bar on any of those?

only calling you out bc i know you can't bash me over the internet :p
I will FUCK YOU UP...

The answer is probably no. Because the bar is on the wall, during the (completely irellevant) "chin" phase, you go slightly toward/into the bar. I can't get closer.

I can muscle up. Though I find it pointless. It isn't easy being me.

OK, I'll play. Got 9 chin-ups with 70# attached to waist this am. Disclaimer: I do not fully lockout on bottom of rep, as this hurts my 41 year old joints even more! I'm 6'2", 201 lbs.

1). Those were not Pull Ups, those were CHIN UPS which are easier to do than Pull Ups.
2). He didn't do 12 of them. A full chin up or pull up only counts when your chin clears the bar. On that note he only did 10. And even that 10th rep looked iffy.

Last edited:
So far in this thread we got one guy half repping and one guy not close to the chin reaching the bar. Not going so good so far guys!

I will FUCK YOU UP...

The answer is probably no. Because the bar is on the wall, during the (completely irellevant) "chin" phase, you go slightly toward/into the bar. I can't get closer.

I can muscle up. Though I find it pointless. It isn't easy being me.

You are right, your chin didn’t go over the bar but that part of the lift isn’t really necessary and many simply pull to their noses.

So far in this thread we got one guy half repping and one guy not close to the chin reaching the bar. Not going so good so far guys!

Please help us then by posting a video of yours.

I'm actually impressed but only because he's an old fatass. I'd say half of those with a training log here could do the same, especially those under 200lbs.

Wouldn't help much I'm afraid. Been a while since I've done pullups regularly, probabably wouldn't be able to do more than about 10 clean ones right now. I'm going to the gym today so I can try and see where I'm at.

Yep, as I guessed, I could only do 10.

Could be worse, haven't done pullups in a pretty long time.

Yep, as I guessed, I could only do 10.

Could be worse, haven't done pullups in a pretty long time.

Dana did chins. Since you managed 10 pullups, you'd probably hit 12-13 chins.

When basically everybody claims they can do better I start to question it
You do realize that majority of the veteran posters on the S&C board are either powerlifters or current martial arts competitors ?

It's HARDLY shocking that S&C contributors are in decent physical shape........(not only that but 12 chin ups is hardly a ballsy claim).

Seems like everyone in here can do more than 12 DEAD HANG chin ups. Let’s see some proof. Videos or Dana > you
Not really an amazing achievement (good achievement but not hard).

The reason why it seems hard is because very very few people actually do pullups/chin-up on a consistent basis (much like deadlift and squat).

The gym I work at has 3600 active accounts with over 5000 members. In the 5 years i've worked there I have seen less than 50 people do pull ups/chin ups and the ones I did see where almost all college age or younger.

A grown male in decent shape should be able to get close to double digit chin ups within 4 to 5 months of consistent practice/training.

Something you can achieve in less than half a year is hardly impressive. Deadlifting 3x your bodyweight or running a sub 5 minute mile are achievements that I would be suspicious of since those are very very diffcult feats that take years of practice (even then some people will never be able to achieve both regardless of time/effort). Those achievements are things I would be suspicious of multiple people online claiming (not 12 freaking chin ups)

Last edited:
For those who aren't sure how to really get anywhere, I followed a simple plan called "20 pull ups" (true story). All over the Googles in a simple pdf format. Involves 3 sessions a week though, although hardly taxing. Will take you from a single negative to 20.

I am 298lbs in this video. My 4th set of 10.
I can do 18 or 20 overhands. I can do 23 chin ups.

Anybody want a pull up competition?
I'm 280lbs today.

Shit. For 300pds that s impressive.

How old are you btw?

Back