Dana White expected GSP to vacate

https://www.mmafighting.com/2017/12...eweight-title-i-dont-think-anybody-is-shocked

The contract linking GSP's fight against Bisping to a "mandatory" belt-unification bout against Whittaker had a reason to exist: Dana White and UFC execs expected GSP to behave as did, that is, to fight Bisping and vacate.

In Dana's own words,

"“At the end of the day, there’s a reason I put that stuff in the contract for him to sign,” White told reporters Saturday night at UFC Fresno. “There’s a reason. And am I shocked? I don’t think anybody is shocked. He came out, he hand-picked Bisping and then went away again. So, whatever, it is what it is.”

“He doesn’t want to fight anybody at welterweight,” White continued. “That’s why he fought Bisping. He didn’t want to fight (Tyron) Woodley, he didn’t want to fight (Stephen) ‘Wonderboy’ Thompson. He didn’t want to fight any of those guys. He wanted to fight Michael Bisping, and he did, and now he’s off again. So, listen, I’m not shocked, I’m not mad. It is what it is.”

The people who, before the Bisping-GSP fight believed it to be a strange bout were not alone. The upper management of the UFC also felt skeptic about the entire thing, and their suspicions were materialised as a contractual clause that was indeed broken.

Contract means fuck all in cases of medical issues. Or retirement. He owed Dana at LEAST one big FUCK YOU !

Dana can...

giphy.gif

Well, I think both Dana and GSP can....

giphy.gif
This.

GSP ducked Anderson for years when that was the logical superfight to make. Blamed weight.

Then comes back when Bisping was champ and took an easy victory, only to turn and run before he would have to fight a real middleweight.

Tries to maintain his equally pussified fan base by blaming over eating and Colitis, which you will never see any medical proof of.

Bitch is bitchmade. Great martial artist, but not a fighters fighter. Never was.

Well, he is saying the opposite: that they were not fooled. They expected this to happen. Dana White can be called many things, but I don't think he's playing the victim here.
He is a fucking hippocrite. He acts like he actually cares about legitimacy. And now he is trying to blame it on GSP.

The UFC made these rules. GSP is just playing the game.

Back