Dana White on Pacquiao allegedly reaching out to Conor:If that's true, I'll be suing Manny Pacquiao

I NEVER would have allowed that Mayweather fight if I ran the UFC.

Dana is really fuckin stupid. That was the UFC’s only leverage, over McGregor.

giphy.gif

Seriously, though. Would assholes actually buy that shit ?

To be fair to Dana, which I rarely type, he was against the Mayweather fight. WME forced the issue and gave into Conor.

On topic, this is fucking stupidity. He has a contract with Conor not Pacquiao. The UFC doesn’t even have standing to file suit against him. And if they did, he would be suing Pacquiao’s promoter, Top Rank, rather that Pac himself.

Last edited:
No but they can stop him from boxing.. They can offer him tons of UFC fights and if he keeps saying no over wanting more money, they will just wait him out.. He can't box without Their approval.. Dana made the Floyd deal. Manny can call Conor's reps but nothing happens without UFC approval..
They can wait him out. But he holds the cards. They can offer him fights but he holds the cards on when. He even knows that he can play games with pay. They can stop him from boxing but they also have to figure out how to make him fight. He’s in control because he’s the celebrity right now.

Well, McGregor was telling the whole world about his business acumen when he signed for 8 fights. I think it was just before the Aldo fight.

So, being the UFC, I’d have said ...

Sure Conor, right after you fulfill your contract, or a certain number of fights, we agree on in a renegotiation.

Or, rot on your fuckin couch !
I feel like the main thing which makes UFC contracts strong is the fact that many fighters would need to sell a house to fight UFC in court. Conor doesn't need to, he is rich enough UFC fighter. I bet you anything, if Conor decides to get out of UFC contract in court - there is a huge chance he can do it. Hey, maybe UFC would even be scared of how tarnished their image would be if they sue the guy.

I didn't buy that Floyd nonsense and i wouldn't buy anything boxing related with Conor. He has an obligation to defend his title or move the fuck on from MMA.
He doesn’t have any real obligation.

UFC can strip him but tony is on the shelf too.

Ok. Conor doesn't react to any of that. He knows the UFC needs him.
But the UFC doesn't really need him. Yes, they will make more money if Conor is fighting in the UFC, but they don't need him.

The UFC already "stripped" him of his featherweight title, yet he remained featherweight champion.
That is factually incorrect.

Why would doing the same thing at lightweight yield different results? He's still the best featherweight fighter, and his pay hasn't been hurt. Same would be true with the lightweight title.
Just because he might have been the best fighter at FW at one point in time doesn't mean that he still is. The same way last year's Superbowl champions might not be the best team this year.

Anyway, what do you do next? Your words failed. You gonna get violent with Conor?
The point is that while Conor is under contract he can't fight anywhere else without the UFC's permission. Sure, Conor doesn't need to fight, he has enough money already, but if he wants to earn more by fighting, he has to come to some kind of agreement with the UFC.

Dana is pretty much irrelevant at this point, his title is as good as ceremonial, it also doesn't help that whatever he ends up saying (give it time and the total opposite becomes true)

Dana finally realizing that he's created a monster that's gotten out of control

It's illegal for McGregor to talk to Manny Pacquiao? Looks like someone is mad that boxing pays way better. Stay in your lane you bald fucking f*****

Nope. I had a way longer reposnce bit couldn't post it

That's not a very useful reply. It's a tort. you absolutely can be sued if you procure a breach of contract that negatively affects another party without any legal justification.

It's illegal for McGregor to talk to Manny Pacquiao?

Conor can talk to anybody
But it is tampering for a combat sports promoter to offer a fighter under contract a fight offer without going through who reps him.
Dana making the obvious public, makes it clear that Pac is aware & should not make an offer without going through UFC.

That's what i'm saying.

He either gets the fuck in the cage or you strip him and tell him to fuck off.

Even if they strip him they’ll still be hoping he comes back. Not telling him to fuck off

McGregor does not care about his fighting legacy at all it seems. He takes fights JUST for money. Now I am not blaming him for wanting to be rich, but where is his pride? Fighting and losing to a 40 year old-retired ex champ in Mayweather and now wanting to fight a WAY over the hill ex champ in Pacquiao? There is no greatness attached to a fight with Manny at this stage of his career. Better call out Sugar Ray or Roberto Duran before they die Conner!

Dana is jelly, he wants to be the only one to grease Conor's nutsack. He already has to contend with Artem for that spot, Manny would be too much for him.
Greasing nutsacks is a thing? Im highly interested... <CroCop1>

How can manny do anything without arum involved?

By being an idiot and having his manager or people (not Arum) reach out. It's incredibly stupid to do, but we're talking about the same guy that's been getting robbed by Arum for years and is still loyal.

Ah the old: "he's under contract" chestnut that prevented the MAYMAC debacle..... wait...

But the UFC doesn't really need him. Yes, they will make more money if Conor is fighting in the UFC, but they don't need him.
Don't need him to what? You sure you're arguing against my meaning, not just my words? Aka, arguing semantics?

That is factually incorrect.
Are you sure it's factually incorrect? Again, are you sure you aren't just arguing semantics? Let's see: What are you saying isn't true? I'll see if I disagree. Be specific.

Just because he might have been the best fighter at FW at one point in time doesn't mean that he still is. The same way last year's Superbowl champions might not be the best team this year.
You're correct that fighters change with time. Some improve, some decline.

Conor is the best featherweight.

The point is that while Conor is under contract he can't fight anywhere else without the UFC's permission. Sure, Conor doesn't need to fight, he has enough money already, but if he wants to earn more by fighting, he has to come to some kind of agreement with the UFC.
Nooo, make sure you keep track of what the point is. @Arm Barbarian was arguing that Dana needed to have words with Conor to stop him "sneaking off to do more Circus Clown fights". This was about quelling his desire to do that; not his legal rights. Neither of us ever suggested that Conor was free to take boxing fights without falling under legal problems with the UFC. Didn't we already go through all this in 2017 with MayMac? The stuff you said would only be relevant to the discussion if anyone stated or believed anything to the contrary. We didn't and we don't. So bringing up that Conor has a contract with the UFC is pointless. Do you understand? Are you gonna be able to admit you've been silly?

LOL

Why doesn't Dana just get his boyfriend McG under control, and maybe he wouldn't have to worry about him sneaking off to do more Circus Clown fights.
Hhaha...Dana does sound like a jealous boyfriend, worrying about his man sneaking off to do someone else.

Back