Dana White on Pacquiao allegedly reaching out to Conor:If that's true, I'll be suing Manny Pacquiao

I'm sure he will be just as aggressive in dealing with this as he was with Mayweather.

4qtH2Cj.gif

None of that means that Conor wasn't also promoting the fight.
I’m sorry but the article says:

If Mayweather Promotions remained the sole promoter of the event, the main event would have broken NAC rules. If a promoter is also a fighter, in this case Mayweather, he or she cannot pay his or her opponent for the bout.

And Conor wasn't the sole promoter, thus no rules were broken.

There were multiple promoters involved.
Are you reading the quote? It says if mayweather remained the sole promoter...

They were. Until the ufc were added.

We've reached that inevitable point in human evolution where guys who fight for a living use lawyers to fight for them.

What law is being broken by talking? The only one Dana has authority over is Conor.

Are you reading the quote? It says if mayweather remained the sole promoter...

They were. Until the ufc were added.

I honestly can't tell if you're just being daft at this point. The promoters were obviously Mayweather Promotions, McGregor Sports & Entertainment, Showtime, and Zuffa. There were multiple promoters, and Conor's company was one of them.

Don't need him to what? You sure you're arguing against my meaning, not just my words? Aka, arguing semantics?
The UFC don't need Conor to make money/survive, etc. They UFC will be just fine without him.

Are you sure it's factually incorrect? Again, are you sure you aren't just arguing semantics? Let's see: What are you saying isn't true? I'll see if I disagree. Be specific.
Yes, I'm sure your statement about Conor still being the FW champ after he was stripped of the title is factually incorrect.

You're correct that fighters change with time. Some improve, some decline.

Conor is the best featherweight.
We know that he might have been the best when he actually fought at FW, but we have no way of knowing if he is still the best.

Nooo, make sure you keep track of what the point is. @Arm Barbarian was arguing that Dana needed to have words with Conor to stop him "sneaking off to do more Circus Clown fights". This was about quelling his desire to do that; not his legal rights. Neither of us ever suggested that Conor was free to take boxing fights without falling under legal problems with the UFC. Didn't we already go through all this in 2017 with MayMac? The stuff you said would only be relevant to the discussion if anyone stated or believed anything to the contrary. We didn't and we don't. So bringing up that Conor has a contract with the UFC is pointless. Do you understand? Are you gonna be able to admit you've been silly?
Dana doesn't need to do anything because of the fact that he is under contract.

I honestly can't tell if you're just being daft at this point. The promoters were obviously Mayweather Promotions, McGregor Sports & Entertainment, Showtime, and Zuffa. There were multiple promoters, and Conor's company was one of them.
How are you reading that quote differently? It clearly says mayweather couldn’t be the sole promoter. UFC was needed. How can you interpret that differently? Showtime are not promoters.

The UFC don't need Conor to make money/survive, etc. They UFC will be just fine without him.

Yeah, semantics, but you can be forgiven on this one; my meaning wasn't as clear as possible. I wasn't saying the UFC would die without Conor. I was saying Conor is pivotal to the UFC's bottom line right now.

Yes, I'm sure your statement about Conor still being the FW champ after he was stripped of the title is factually incorrect.

Like I said: "What are you saying isn't true? I'll see if I disagree. Be specific".

Definitely don't just repeat yourself. How can you claim to genuinely be trying to educating me if you're just gonna repeat yourself like that.

We know that he might have been the best when he actually fought at FW, but we have no way of knowing if he is still the best.
What do you mean by "know"? Do we know if any fighter is the best?

Dana doesn't need to do anything because of the fact that he is under contract.
You're supposed to be trying to educate me here. So what use is it to say something that we already know? Be honest, are you trying to educate, or do you just want to be right?

That's not a very useful reply. It's a tort. you absolutely can be sued if you procure a breach of contract that negatively affects another party without any legal justification.
It would get thrown out immediately. Unless Connor s contacted is made public how are they to know what connor can and can not do it would be on Connor end . Soo no they can not sue manney, it would have to be Connor but thats when the ali act would come into play.

It would get thrown out immediately. Unless Connor s contacted is made public how are they to know what connor can and can not do it would be on Connor end . Soo no they can not sue manney, it would have to be Connor but thats when the ali act would come into play.

That is why Dana publicly said what he just did.
It is public knowledge that Conor is under contract to UFC.
It was prior to his comment & now it is even more-so

If Pac proceeds with an offer, of course UFC can sue & it will not be thrown out of court.

Now, I don't think Manny made a formal offer yet & won't without going through UFC - just like Floyd did

Tell Conor it's time to shit or get off the pot. Enough f*cking around, doing whatever he feels like. Sign to defend your damn belt, or we're stripping you.

Also remind him he's under contract, and he's not sneaking off to do any more boxing matches. Either defend, or you're no longer champion, and you aren't fighting anywhere else.

I think Mcgregor is going to wait until the Ali Act kicks in to take a boxing match without the UFC as his promoter. Pacquiao vs Mcgregor in September as a Copromotion between Mcgregor Promotions and Top Rank. Then a Boxing match between Nate Diaz and Mcgregor in March 2019, copromoted by Zuffa Boxing and Macgregor Promotions.

Then Mcgregor retires from fighting at 28 and becomes a sleazy boxing promoter like Oscar and Arum.

I see tese tings.....

Sure you will Dana all they need to do is write you a big cheque and you'll be promoting that fight 24/7.

Of course the fight is not happening. Conor is under contract with the UFC and UFC desperately needs him back. They wont let him fight Pacquiao.

That said, I doubt he ever fights in the UFC again. Maybe 1 fight.

<31>
Maybe true, but i really don't think Dana thinks like that. It's more of "Is this shit make me richer ?"
-->No: <{danayeah}>

-->Yes: <{danawhoah}>

And btw, how's the UFC "desesperately needs him back?" They just needs to strip him and let the division move on, that's it.

That is why Dana publicly said what he just did.
It is public knowledge that Conor is under contract to UFC.
It was prior to his comment & now it is even more-so

If Pac proceeds with an offer, of course UFC can sue & it will not be thrown out of court.

Now, I don't think Manny made a formal offer yet & won't without going through UFC - just like Floyd did
R u fucking new what ever comes out of someones mouth is hear say, his contract would have to be posted publicly. Either way he has no obligations to the ufc its still on Connor. And yes it would definitely would get thrown out of court cause it has no merrit

Back