Dana White on Stipe Miocic grudge against him and the UFC.

Lol at Dana thinking he gets to decide when they've disrespected a guy or not. That millionaire entitlement

Neither they intended to promote Stipe in this in any way, nor they succeeded to do so.

No one cared, and UFC 226 numbers showed that better than anything

If they succeeded or not that is UFC's business, but that's how you are supposed to promote champions, especially not very social one's like Stipe, the more they sell the challenger the more impressive a successful defense will be.

If they succeeded or not that is UFC's business, but that's how you are supposed to promote champions, especially not very social one's like Stipe, the more they sell the challenger the more impressive a successful defense will be.

Absolute, illogical BS.
Beating a popular opponent does not make a fighter popular.

That was actually good for Stipe, the crazy hyperbolic build up of Ngannou like an uberhuman killing machine made Stipe's victory even more impressive, the promotion's job is to sell the fight and for once the UFC did very good with that fight imo, they created a worthy challenge for the at that time dominant champion.

Then again Stipe is a fighter not a marketing major so I can see how his ego got hurt but imo the UFC did good with that one and will probably had a similar build up for Khabib vs Conor.
Certainly they were hyping the fight and they did do a good job of it. I feel like they were pretty clearly backing one horse in that race though and that is the part that probably upset Stipe.

Former Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) heavyweight champion, Stipe Miocic, has not been the biggest fan of promotion president Dana White, thanks to a chip on his shoulder that came in the wake of his UFC 203 win over Alistair Overeem.

But according to promotion president Dana White, Miocic is very well respected within the upper ranks of the organization and he’s not really sure why the sassy ex-champ continues to hold a grudge against management.

“I don’t know why, Stipe always feels like we’re disrespecting him, which we’re not,” White told UFC Unfiltered. “We have a lot of respect for Stipe and I think he feels like it took him a very long time to get his title shot and he felt it took him longer than it should have. Then once he got it – every time I turn around he feels disrespected. He’s anything but disrespected. The complete opposite.”

Miocic finally got the payday he wantedwhen Daniel Cormier bumped up a weight class and challenged him at UFC 226. But losing his title and watching the Brock Lesnar “shit show” that ensued once again left him fuming.

“You saw that we set up the fight with Cormier to fight Brock,” White said (transcribed by MMA Junkie). “That would have been Stipe if Stipe won the fight. No disrespect to Stipe. It was just something that was in place before that fight even happened.”

https://www.mmamania.com/platform/a...&utm_source=twitter&__twitter_impression=true

Dana forgot to mention how every one of Stipe's opponent were the favorite in Dana's eyes, DC included.

Adn while Brock might have been set as next in line, it should have been for Miocic.
In case of a DC win, there is/was time enough for a rematch before Lesnar is even able to fight. SO they could have set that up anyway.

Absolute, illogical BS.
Beating a popular opponent does not make a fighter popular.

Alright dude, if they ever book DC vs Hunt they should mention all the times Hunt has been wrestlefucked instead of focusing on his one hit KO power. <1>

Alright dude, if they ever book DC vs Hunt they should mention all the times Hunt has been wrestlefucked instead of focusing on his one hit KO power. <1>

Completely, absolutely irrelevant attempt of comparison.

Heres the thing. We did everything for stipe. This guy couldnt sell fights, so we had to give him big names like overeem and werdum, even though they didnt earn those shots. We had to give him those guys. He is lucky and he still complains. We even bent over backwards and gave him a superfigtht with DC. It boggles my mind that he is still complaining.

Not to mention that little maneuver they pulled to take him out of the Rothwell fight and into a title eliminator with glass-jawed Andrei.

same shit, you hype the opponent as a killer that can beat the champ, that was my whole fucking point.

When you hype the opponent as a killer that can beat tha champ, you DO NOT hype the champ.
In absolute any way.

Stipe was the OPPOSITE of hyped pre Ngannou fight. His value was degraded big time. By the UFC and Dana.
And they basically said that Ngannous is destined to become a champ . They took Ngannou's side in a ridiculous kind of way.

Stipe has zero charisma. Good fighter, but boring as hell on the mic.

Dana does some very, very underhanded, scumbag things. There's just no way around it, and it's clear as to why he does it.

Money. Money and women make men do evil things.

I'm done calling Dana or really anyone a bad person, or wicked, or whatever. I don't even know what that would mean. But Dana's behavior has been anything but respectful to Stipe. That whole fiasco with Ngannou was embarassing and the Brock situation is just absolute cringe.

I'll reiterate what I said before: Dana and DC are both guilty of some of the most disappointing and unsportsman-like decisions and behavior. Because of 226 I am never buying another PPV from UFC.
awwww

Brock vs Cormier will sell a much need PPV for Dana. Is Normal.

Stipe should thank Dana for how he hyped up Ngannou as it achieved 3 things that helped Stipe.
1. Extra motivation for Stipe to prove them wrong.
2. The hype went to Ngannou's head and he didn't take Stipe seriously further improving Stipe's odds of winning.
3. The hype helped sell the fight and earn Stipe more $$$.
All in All Dana has been very good for Stipe.

Now THAT makes sense.

Sooo.... Nice Guy Dana reeeaaally just wanted to motivate all of Conor and Ronda's opponents, wanted the hype to get to Conor and Ronda's heads so their opponents can win and cash in big huh? How nice of Dana to want to help Mayweather get on top of the highest paid athlete's list too.
<YeahOKJen>

Is that right King Joffrey? Hello?
57bc64feaa1bbddb336e58187afd0f07d1e7447b_hq.gif

The fight didn't really sell and Stipe's win over Ngannou was unrelated to Ngannou's (or Stipe's) mindset

That is obviously false but, I agree with the sentiment that Stipe is just a better fighter.

Just as a provable example, if Stipe was thoroughly distracted (for some hypothetical reason) he would be in considerably more danger.

Back