Dana White on Stipe Miocic grudge against him and the UFC.

That is obviously false but, I agree with the sentiment that Stipe is just a better fighter.

Just as a provable example, if Stipe was thoroughly distracted (for some hypothetical reason) he would be in considerably more danger.

He's a grown up man, a professional sportsman from his childhood.
He's not a kid and not a knucklehead to be distracted in the cage.

Stipe is a great guy. is a very respectable family man...risks his life to save people...but at the same time, he doesn't sell well...that is the bottom line when it comes to how much you make..if this was pro football, it might be different...cause those guys really don't have to have personality; just play great...but in mma, and also boxing, you have to sell fights...in order to make the big money you do...and stipe simply doesn't do that...he does the bare minimum...has a very bland personality...
Stipe is funny as hell though.

He's a grown up man, a professional sportsman from his childhood.
He's not a kid and not a knucklehead to be distracted in the cage.
I agree with your sentiment but, this is obviously hyperbole.

I don't believe mental state had anything to do with the first fight but, obviously it could potentially have an impact in another fight.

Added: "in another fight" for clarification.

At the end of the day, Stipe was in control of his own destiny. He had the belt, he had the spotlight and he did nothing with it. Nobody to blame but himself

Looks like Dana totally forgot how blatantly he overhyped Ngannou prior to Miocic fight, basically calling him a future champ
If only Stipe gave him some material worth promoting maybe they wouldnt have to do that. I dont understand how these guys refuse to do promotion and then cry when then don't make money....

No disrespect but we've Brock ready for the winner, lol.
That's the truth. If Stipe would have won a back and forth split decision over DC Stipe would be healing up at home talking about I beat DC and now on to my next challenge which is Brock.

Stipe will get passed over again if/when Jones is reinstated.

If only Stipe gave him some material worth promoting maybe they wouldnt have to do that. I dont understand how these guys refuse to do promotion and then cry when then don't make money....

What promotion? What was he supposed to do? Was he a great fighter and great finisher prior to Ngannou fight? Yes.
Dana got crazy about Ngannou's physical state. Should Stipe have injected HGH and tear himself in a gym?

I agree with your sentiment but, this is obviously hyperbole.

I don't believe mental state had anything to do with the first fight but, obviously it could potentially have an impact in another fight.

Added: "in another fight" for clarification.

My comment is relevant to any other fight as well.

What promotion? What was he supposed to do? Was he a great fighter and great finisher prior to Ngannou fight? Yes.
Dana got crazy about Ngannou's physical state. Should Stipe have injected HGH and tear himself in a gym?

My comment is relevant to any other fight as well.
How about saying anything other than the most generic cookie cutter answers possible? The guys a world champion, he knows his pay is heavily based on those PPV points. This is no mystery. Guys aspire to become champions for precisely that reason. I cant stand when these guys sign contracts for an amount THEY AGREE TO and then bitch about pay and promotion when they literally give you zero to work with and dont say a single interesting thing during their reign. Before you go and say it's the UFCs job to promote them ill counter you by saying they did promote them. He had multiple countdowns, his story about being a blue collar worker from the midwest was told, he got a modelo sponsorship but guess what? No one gave a fuck. You can promote a guy all you want but if hes boring as fuck and gives you nothing to work with then no one will care.

When you build up the challenger and not the champ, that's easy a disrespect. the UFC hyped Ngannou to the point Stipe was just there, holding the belt for Ngannou.

Dana doesn't care about anyone who can't make him a shitload of money. There is no integrity.

why do people still continue to believe the shit that discharges out of Dana White's mouth

If Stipe woulda changed his name to something more "American sounding" he woulda been a bigger star
This dudes a firefighter from the midwest, the general public woulda been all over that, but they hear the name and instantly think hes some weirdo from the Eastern Block and dont pay any attention to him

Steven Miocic?

Stipe basically threw out there that he has disdain for fight promotion/media obligations, the insta-rematch is only applicable when it benefits WME. Personally I don’t think any champion who gets KTFO in the first frame regardless of how long reigning or dominant should get the instant TS. So not only did Stipe get his head dribbled he also bitches about doing media, WTF does he expect from the organization...?

Back