Dana White responds to Mark Hunt

giphy.gif

Hunt is a grown man, but if Dana is preventing him from fighting....Dana is a lot of things, but he's never been anti fighter health.

while this is a clear retaliation, I am sure they consulted their lawyers on this subject.
Mark opened the door when he published that article.
UFC just jumped to the opportunity he gave them.

You are most likely right, but Dana has done things before, simply because he thinks he is above the law.

You are most likely right, but Dana has done things before, simply because he thinks he is above the law.
True.
But the way they did this, the statement and all, it is just too sneaky to be Dana's doing alone.
Maybe it was his idea, but it was done the right way.

I do think Mark CAN sue them though.
Because there were plenty of fighters that were injured and the UFC basically forced them to fight.
It would require a fighter willing to speak up though, and I don't know if anyone would want to join Mark's crusade...

https://www.mmafighting.com/2017/10...ry-instagram-post-pulling-him-from-ufc-sydney

“Listen, sometimes you gotta protect these guys from themselves and that’s what we’re looking into right now. He made a statement that I’ve hated him forever,” White said. “I don’t hate Mark Hunt at all. I never hated Mark Hunt. He knows that. I was actually really good with Mark Hunt.”

White was asked if Hunt will take back the things he said and tell him he’s sorry.

“I don’t expect an apology at all, no,” White said with a laugh.
They just let a dude with staph on his chest fight. Dana's full of shit.

Also, more than Ferguson was exposed, its not like the virus was on the fight card and signed a contract to only infect the two fighters. Multiple people were likely exposed.

Yeah right.

Could the whistle blower law apply to this? It's pretty clear that this is retaliation for his lawsuit and I know in some cases that you are protected from retaliation, legally.

No.

Dana’s response professional.

UFC and Hunt made some good fights together and money $. Hunt understandably wants more $ from Brock and rest of PED opponents.

Hunt needed a PR spokesman a while ago. Now needs to figure this conflict out. UFC will want to a medical clearance to help indemnify.

So Hunt likely needs to chose between Brock suit or continue fighting. If Hunt contends no lasting damage from Brock and ok to fight then loses foundation for that claim.

Other fighters should take notes.

Sounds about right. Poor Hunto, will get screwed the first chance they get.

So Mark Hunt pretty obviously admits to having signs of CTE as well as making comments about dying in the Octagon, then blames his employer when he gets pulled from a fight? Fuck that crybaby.

Let's Lee fight with Staph. Letting Sanchez and Brown kill each other soon, but yeah, it's all about protecting the fighters. If he had said, 'we need to protect ourselves' it would have been more believable, but this wouldn't be happening if Hunto weren't suing the UFC currently.

Don't believe his lies?

Then how does he know about Sammy?

What did Hunt expect them to do exactly? He basically admitted to everyone he has early stages of brain trauma, not exactly going to help your cause.
it's pretty amazing that the reaction from fans is automatically evil ufc. hunt is a draw for them and they typically don't let personal beefs get in the way from making money (unless it's a contract issue).

Yeah right.

Could the whistle blower law apply to this? It's pretty clear that this is retaliation for his lawsuit and I know in some cases that you are protected from retaliation, legally.

Don't think so, Hunt made the mistake of hinting he's suffering from CTE giving the UFC the perfect excuse to shaft him.

Also forall the bad press they get, the UFC are right & shouldn't be letting a guy fight if genuinely this ill.

Yeah right.

I think Dana and the UFC can make a pretty clear cut argument that they would treat any fighter this way after publishing an article such as that. And no, I don't think it's "pretty clear that this is retaliation". Mark Hunt went out and published a ridiculous article that makes him a liability.

I would understand if he was coming off a KO loss but the dude is coming off a WIN over Black Beast why the fuck would u pull him . It's probably pretty hard to win a UFC fight with CTE do we have any proof he actually has it? He could have just been bullshitting in that interview but even if he does have a little CTE I guarantee there are much more punch drunk fighters fighting with slurred speech I won't name any names out of respect

Last edited:
Back