Dana White: Rousey is Underrated

YOLOGOGOPLATA

4x Champ Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
https://www.mmamania.com/2017/10/18/16501488/dana-white-ronda-rousey-is-underrated

“Look at what she did. Look at what she built. She started it all."

"You had such a dominant female fighter," White continued. "She was so bad ass and she spoke well and she was pretty. That whole combination of what she was built that whole female mixed martial arts phenomenon. She was the right person at the right time to do it.”

Sorry if this is a repetitive post, but doesn't it seem by now that Rousey is PROPERLY rated? After her last 2 fights went so poorly I could see the argument that she is underrated... but in hindsight wasn't she a little overrated when she was winning every fight easily with strong judo and killer armbars? I think now that people have analyzed the scope of her entire career we have a pretty good idea of what she is and isn't as a mixed martial artist. Looking back on her career do you all think she was overrated/underrated or correctly rated? (Edit: and how does her overall impact on the sport factor into how you would rate her career?)

Last edited:
Dana misses his money tree.

Dana White: Rousey is Underrated

Dana is desperate to bring back those last few cash-cows.

VJnQGkF.png

Currently as it stands and without taking skill set in as a factor....Ronda Rousey is the second best WMMA fighter of all time behind joanna.....theres really no denying it,
And I'm not even a Ronda fan(beat my girl tate)
<{hughesimpress}>

https://www.mmamania.com/2017/10/18/16501488/dana-white-ronda-rousey-is-underrated

“Look at what she did. Look at what she built. She started it all."

"You had such a dominant female fighter," White continued. "She was so bad ass and she spoke well and she was pretty. That whole combination of what she was built that whole female mixed martial arts phenomenon. She was the right person at the right time to do it.”

Sorry if this is a repetitive post, but doesn't it seem by now that Rousey is PROPERLY rated? After her last 2 fights went so poorly I could see the argument that she is underrated... but in hindsight wasn't she a little overrated when she was winning every fight easily with strong judo and killer armbars? I think now that people have analyzed the scope of her entire career we have a pretty good idea of what she is and isn't as a mixed martial artist. Looking back on her career do you all think she was overrated/underrated or correctly rated?

Fat-Ronda-Rousey--125573.jpg

Dana and joe rogan are part of the reason she became such a headcase by trying to convince everybody she is a female superhero.

Hate to agree with Dana, but he kinda has a point.

Notice he's not talking about her fighting skills, but more what she did for the sport. Yet much of the hardcore MMA audience gives her tons of shit even though she really helped elevate our sport and help it grow.

Ok yeah maybe she should've shook Miesha's hand but come on, show some respect for her contribution to martial arts. When she was champ it was a great time for MMA

She's 30, and she's out of the sport. That might tell you about her actual talent.

i dont think shes underrated, theres just more well rounded fighters than her now

I get what he was going for & agree with a lot (even though I can't stand RR)
But in no way did she "speak well".
She would sulk & pout if she was not getting her way at pressers.
She came across immature & petty on TUF "racism against Armenians" lol

Hate to agree with Dana, but he kinda has a point.

Notice he's not talking about her fighting skills, but more what she did for the sport. Yet much of the hardcore MMA audience gives her tons of shit even though she really helped elevate our sport and help it grow.

Ok yeah maybe she should've shook Miesha's hand but come on, show some respect for her contribution to martial arts. When she was champ it was a great time for MMA
Nice, I guess that's my bad for thinking that the broad way he was speaking was only about her skills in the octagon.. I honestly thought it was a given that most people consider her the most influential female mixed martial artist. Thanks for making the distinction though!

<<Dana White: Rousey is Underrated>>

That your word or his? Sounds more like he's saying she's underappreciated

Does anyone consider that the best time for MMA? Most liked the era just before her much better
Sure the UFC considers it a great time for them and maybe the casuals who really thought she was once in a lifetime.

<<Dana White: Rousey is Underrated>>

That your word or his? Sounds more like he's saying she's underappreciated
It was the article headline and they were his words. But it's clearer to me now that he was referring to her impact on mma as a whole and not just her mma skills. Sorry if it's slightly misleading

Back