Dana White says he ‘expected’ Georges St-Pierre to vacate middleweight title

i updated my other post, but i guess wasnt in time... but i added: "The whole illness thing sounds like a perfect loophole to get out of any contract obligations"

Gotcha
But he does not need a loophole
UFC cannot make a fighter take a fight
If GSP was 100% healthy, he could still say "no"

Could he be exaggerating the illness? Maybe for the fans, but it would not matter as far as turning down a fight.

there's something just so lame and pathetic about a fighter who always plays it safe both in life and in his fights like GSP does.

I dislike what happened too, but lets not get crazy here, GSP is a guy that dominated three generations of WW and took on any deserving contender for years. Then he went up to MW to fight a guy thats no push-over. He has been nothing but challenged throughout his career in regards to opponents.

Gotcha
But he does not need a loophole
UFC cannot make a fighter take a fight
If GSP was 100% healthy, he could still say "no"

Could he be exaggerating the illness? Maybe for the fans, but it would not matter as far as turning down a fight.
I imagine GSP intends on fighting again at a lower weight class. Most likely against Conor. He isn't stating that he can 'easily' make 155 for no reason.

Dana and the UFC would have 100% known GSP's intentions from the get go. They would have brought him back for the $$'s knowing he wouldn't defend.

GSP was negotiating the Bisping fight before the Hendo fight got made. He had already made it clear he wanted the MW belt. The UFC knew that was the fight which could bring him back.

GSP wasn't going to be ready until 2017 [As far as they knew] - And they couldn't stall the division until then, so they booked Hendo. No matter who won out of Bisping and Dan, GSP would have a favorable match-up. If Dan won, he wasn't retiring. He would absolutely take that GSP fight.

If the UFC had of booked Bisping vs Jacare for instance - They would have been risking GSP not coming back, and they couldn't afford that.

I imagine that clause was put in by the UFC so that the fans wouldn't get salty about the division being stalled. IMO, GSP and the UFC knew what they were doing. I.E: "Don't worry guys. Yes GSP is jumping the queue, but he'll defend. It's in his contract".

When GSP returns to fight someone in a lighter division, we'll have all the pieces to know exactly how they conned everyone. As someone said before [Maybe yourself] - After retiring, he can just re-negotiate to fight at a lower weight class.

Bisping was responsible for 17 of the 24 months the MW belt went without being legitimately defended. In that time, Whitaker beat Natal, Brunson, Jacare and Romero (and Uriah Hall who was coming off the Mousasi win). When Whitaker beat Romero, it had been 575 days (19 months) since the MW belt had been defended against a top contender while Whitaker had knocked off the #12, #6, #2 and #1. Whitakers belt was the real one. A title that isnt legitimately contested for over a year loses its legitimacy, but when they gave the real champ a belt for beating the top contenders, Bisbings claim to the title became the biggest joke in the sport. It would be like GSP claiming he was still the WW champ today.....

Calling Bisping undisputed champ after July 2017 is ridiculous. He hadnt legitimately defended the belt since the fLuke over a year prior and there was a champ in the division who just beat the #2 and #1 contenders back to back. Thats about as disputed as a title can possibly get. Only one belt had any legitimacy....and it sure as hell wasnt the ornament that Bispieng carried around.

The belt wasnt vacated, it died of illegitimacy after going 2 whole years (726 days) without being defended against any top MWs.

Bisping is legitimate because of how he got the belt. Yes, it was a fluke win, but it was a fluke win over a very legit champ, who took it from a guy people were talking about being a potential GOAT because he took it from someone who was the undisputed GOAT when he took it from him.

GSP saw an opportunity that was perfectly aligned for him, but his winning of the belt was completely legit. Whittaker won his way to a title shot, but none of the guys he beat was ever the champ, ever. To claim he's somehow the legitimate champ for beating some contenders and no champs, and Bisping wasn't, shows you don't have anything resembling a clue to how this shit works.

Lance Armstrong was one of the biggest anti-PED crusader of all time. In fact, virtually every single athlete who has ever tested positive for PED's is anti PED. It's company line of professional athletes. It means nothing.

So it also means nothing on the other side, I'm sure you agree. I was merely answering someone implying GSP was taking PEDs because of that whole situation.

What did Lance do to promote testing? Did he subject himself to a random testing? I can't find anything about him being "one of the biggest anti-PED crusader of all-time" and I don't follow cycling. But it seems to me like a big exaggeration on your part.

I love how he makes it sound like gsp came and said im gonna fight for the mw belt despite being retired 4 years and never fought thete. And the ufc had no choice. They made a money decision and told the legit MW fuck you.
This
It’s funny that so many here are actually buying DFW narrative.
It IS DFW narrative!!!

So it also means nothing on the other side, I'm sure you agree. I was merely answering someone implying GSP was taking PEDs because of that whole situation.

What did Lance do to promote testing? Did he subject himself to a random testing? I can't find anything about him being "one of the biggest anti-PED crusader of all-time" and I don't follow cycling. But it seems to me like a big exaggeration on your part.
He was the most heavily tested athlete in the world. Why would he subject himself to 'random' testing. Cycling isn't fighting. They're on all year. He was randomly tested throughout the year for over a decade.

Unless you've been living under a rock, he's one of the biggest Anti-PED crusaders in the same way that Marion Jones was. They both preached the virtues of a 'clean' sport all the while being adamant that they themselves are clean.

My point is that anyone 'claiming' they're clean is just posturing. The average Joe doesn't understand the mind of the athlete - They will say anything to give the illusion of being clean. Even on a basic level, I worked in a gym for years and guys I considered friends, who I knew were on the juice would make up the most implausible lies to say they're clean.

ARMSTRONG: Listen, I've said it for seven years. I've said it for longer than seven years. I have never doped. I can say it again. But I've said it for seven years. It doesn't help. But the fact of the matter is I haven't. And if you consider my situation: A guy who comes back from arguably, you know, a death sentence, why would I then enter into a sport and dope myself up and risk my life again? That's crazy. I would never do that. No. No way.

^^ This is the lengths athletes go. The man had cancer and still doped. So when guys like Bisping or GSP preach to the choir about how 'anti-PED' they are, it really means jack.

He was the most heavily tested athlete in the world. Why would he subject himself to 'random' testing. Cycling isn't fighting. They're on all year. He was randomly tested throughout the year for over a decade.

Unless you've been living under a rock, he's one of the biggest Anti-PED crusaders in the same way that Marion Jones was. They both preached the virtues of a 'clean' sport all the while being adamant that they themselves are clean.

My point is that anyone 'claiming' they're clean is just posturing. The average Joe doesn't understand the mind of the athlete - They will say anything to give the illusion of being clean. Even on a basic level, I worked in a gym for years and guys I considered friends, who I knew were on the juice would make up the most implausible lies to say they're clean.

^^ This is the lengths athletes go. The man had cancer and still doped. So when guys like Bisping or GSP preach to the choir about how 'anti-PED' they are, it really means jack.

Okay, so he isn't "the biggest anti-PED crusader of all-time". He's just an ahtlete who kepts claiming that kept claiming he never took PEDs and that PEDs are bad, like every athlete ou there. A crusader would be someone taking action. You exaggerated to try to push your point. Gotcha.

You could have just said "Lance Armstrong was denying that he was taking PEDs", but you had to make a lie out of it and lose credibility. Come on... "one of the biggest anti-PED crusader of all time". Fallacy.

And once again, I never claimed that I was sure that GSP never took PEDs, just that the thing the other guy was infering was ludicrous.

Okay, so he isn't "the biggest anti-PED crusader of all-time". He's just an ahtlete who kepts claiming that kept claiming he never took PEDs and that PEDs are bad, like every athlete ou there. A crusader would be someone taking action. You exaggerated to try to push your point. Gotcha.

You could have just said "Lance Armstrong was denying that he was taking PEDs", but you had to make a lie out of it and lose credibility. Come on... "one of the biggest anti-PED crusader of all time". Fallacy.

And once again, I never claimed that I was sure that GSP never took PEDs, just that the thing the other guy was infering was ludicrous.

GSP retired 3 weeks before random drug testing, this is all well documented

He has tell tale signs of steroid use, delt response, gyno, gh/insulin gut. Overall he is a really easy case to spot

Dana gonna Dana. He knew damn well this would happen and he knew he wasn’t gonna do shit about it when it did. Ka-Ching!!!

This is true. A lot of steroid/drug users will go out of their way to claim they are natty. You see a lot of bodybuilders doing that, guys like Simeon Panda who are bigger than a prime Arnold claiming to be natural lmao. It probably attracts sponsors or something, that's why GSP does it

GSP retired 3 weeks before random drug testing, this is all well documented

He has tell tale signs of steroid use, delt response, gyno, gh/insulin gut. Overall he is a really easy case to spot

It's so well documented, that I can't find anything about it... And you didn't show me anything well documented.

He had the same belly when he was 20 (even though he was slightly smaller back then). You can see it when he's at rest in his early fights. A belly that comes and goes . That's not what an insulin gut looks like. When I was in shape, my stomach was also like that with only the magical touch of something called genetics. And Im not sure where you see gyno.

An easy case to spot when you're looking through hater's glasses.

Last edited:
At the end of the day it is what it is

The first and last line of this interview

Back