Dana White: "That's why I put that in the contract"

You don't really need a black belt in clairvoyancy my to have suspected GSP was only ever going to fight Bisping at MW. He clearly saw he could beat one of the weakest champions of all time. And Dana surely added supplementary parts to the contract but you can't actually force a fighter to fight when he doesn't want to. And GSP never wanted superfights in the past when it mattered and so it's not really a surprise now either.

Could be a fine
Could be he had to voluntarily vacate
Could be BOTH
The fine is a possibility.

Dana just irks me with the way he goes about these things.

Elaborate on what was in the contract or say nothing about the contract at all. Don't be a fence-rider who just wants to sound cool and mysterious without sharing the tangible info.

The fine is a possibility.

Dana just irks me with the way he goes about these things.

Elaborate on what was in the contract or say nothing about the contract at all. Don't be a fence-rider who just wants to sound cool and mysterious without sharing the tangible info.

Get used to it
That is DW
;)

Legacy, he wants as many belts as he can get his hands on.

I don't think GSP cares as much about legacy as coming back to make $5-10m & ending his career on a dominant win.

The legacy of beating Bisping & vacating isn't as great as the added money in his bank account.

I don't think GSP cares as much about legacy as coming back to make $5-10m & ending his career on a dominant win.

The legacy of beating Bisping & vacating isn't as great as the added money in his bank account.
3 year lay off to come back and win 3 consecutive titles? That is his goal IMO. GSP would still be cleaning up outside the cage.

How did DW & UFC get "long dicked"?
They made tens of millions & that is the point of promoting the fight.

Yeah I suppose dana is "super pissed" because he made tens of millions of dollars.

I'd say that is why he vacated the belt, since the contact specified who he would fight next. Does the same stipulation apply once he is no longer the MW champ? If Dana saw it coming, why the unnecessary criticism? He knew it and let it happen anyway. Conor gets to do whatever the fuck he wants and is praised as he does so. GSP caught some shit for it, but money talks and Dana's bullshit whispers. The UFC has proven time and time again that if you are willing to wait for the right opportunity, you well get a substantial reward. Their track record also indicates that "company guys" and lengthy win streaks mean nothing. Yet somehow there are still dumbasses who can't figure out why Nate Diaz is sitting on the sidelines...

I bet it's not even in the contract. Has anyone actually seen this thing?

Colitis is no joke.

If that's what GSP has...he didn't win anything.

Symptoms
Ulcerative colitis symptoms can vary, depending on the severity of inflammation and where it occurs. Signs and symptoms may include:

• Diarrhea, often with blood or pus
  • Abdominal pain and cramping
  • Rectal pain
  • Rectal bleeding — passing small amount of blood with stool
  • Urgency to defecate
  • Inability to defecate despite urgency
  • Weight loss
  • Fatigue
  • Fever
  • In children, failure to grow
Just put that in perspective for a moment...I don't think GSP is coming back...if this is what he has.

If he want Woodley I gurantee they give him that fight

Thats why he put that in the contract... and still... it couldnt prevent GSP from NOT defend the belt against Whittaker... so.. whats the point?
It got his ass to drop the belt ASAP. Im assuming GSP had a finite time to accept the title defense if he won or had to vacate

GSP came in for an easy fight and then went running, just like he did when strict drug testing came in. Or when he left the MMAAA Union in despair after he got his deal done lmao. Conor was right

Lol that MMAAAAAUnion thing just may be GSP’s phoniest display ever.

Better than holding the belt ransom.
Love people like you saying "Better than ....". Ok so if I rob a bank you're gonna say "Better than a murder..." ? GSP move is as pathetic as anyone holding a division. Took an easy shot, said that it was on his contract to defend the belt and then leave pretending "I have too much respect for the fighters to hold on the belt"...

The contract was he has to fight at 185 defending the best if he won. But there's no part of the contract that says he can't retire whenever he wants. He pulled a fast one.

And then “come out of retirement” with a new contract, but only if they make it worth his while...

I don’t think he’s afraid of losing as much as losing his “value” with a loss.
GSP just wants huge paydays for big money.

Love people like you saying "Better than ....". Ok so if I rob a bank you're gonna say "Better than a murder..." ? GSP move is as pathetic as anyone holding a division. Took an easy shot, said that it was on his contract to defend the belt and then leave pretending "I have too much respect for the fighters to hold on the belt"...
Robbing a bank is better, it is federally insured money. Killing someone for their wallet is scum of the earth.
tenor (3).gif

Dana probably did/said that so fans would see the fight as being more legitimate and more PPVs would sell.

Dana, being the sociopath that he is has no problem completely contradicting what he told fans before an event in order to sell tickets. That's partly why he's so successful as a promoter.

This all could've been avoided if Luke Rockhold didn't fight Michael Bisping with his jaw straight up in the sky as if he was fighting his 9 year old nephew.
The last title legit mw- title defence was UFC 194. That's crazy. Yoel and jacare (plus usada) are only older. Mousasi is gone.I could go on.

People who do remember how Bisping held 185 division hostage and what Gsp actually accomplished will do nothing but have a " SMH" moment

Back