Dana White: "That's why I put that in the contract"

full
Ronda is the only person who can make Dana look good<30>

It absolutely baffles me regarding the shit and criticism GSP has been getting. Comes back, finishes the MW champ and vacates the title (for valid health reasons) so the MW division can move on and get back to normal. When he gets his shit together, he'll go take his WW title back and correct a second division too.

Who gives a fuck what DW thinks... he's just an emasculated finger puppet now.

Let me get this straight.

Dana White, much like many others completely saw this coming with Georges St. Pierre, right?

Everyone with a pair of eyes and half a brain cell could see that Georges fancied a free shot at a lower-level champion for his return fight. He knew that Michael likes to talk and can sell a fight with his mouth, more so than someone like Tyron Woodley. Georges also knew that Michael was the easier option comparing to Woodley, Lawler hence why he didn't come back at 170lbs, as well as Rockhold or Weidman, hence why he didn't come back sooner.

With all that said, Dana claims to have seen the whole "Georges not staying at Middleweight" coming. He saw it coming so far off that he even put verbiage in the contract around a guarantee that Georges needed to stay in the division and defend his title.

So wait a minute...

He didn't defend, he left the division and dropped the title immediately. He still got paid, probably still had PPV points for the event (which supposedly sold very well), and he has essentially rode into the sunset.

So what on earth was this verbiage in the contract, and what the hell was the point of it unless it stands for something and/or whether you can enforce something off the back of it being violated?

Dana White never fails to disappoint.

So you want them to take money away from him for services already rendered? It is not like they paid him up front for the defence or something. He helped make them a pile of cash. The only thing he agreed to was to defend the belt if he stayed, if he rides off into the sunset like you say then it doesn't really matter.

You are right that people should not be surprised when Dana says something and then goes the other way. Money is the motivator for him, plain and simple. Bisping was without question the far bigger money fight, Bisping, GSP, and the company all wanted this fight. Dana gives zero shits about the belts, he likes real gold.

The only people who argue about the integrity of the sport are the hardcore fans and the salty people who are mad they, or their favorite fighter, don't get the opportunity. Dana has allowed this stuff to happen, we have all been talking about the sport slowly changing into a show for a few years.

I can't fault the fighters too much for playing the part to make their money.

As far as the contract goes, they can push the issue if GSP wants to fight again if they so chose. He can retire again if he wants. If he comes to the table with them again to negotiate a fight then they can enforce it. If he comes to the table with an idea for a fight that makes them a shit ton of cash, they can chose not to enforce it.

Thats why he put that in the contract... and still... it couldnt prevent GSP from NOT defend the belt against Whittaker... so.. whats the point?

The point is that if he chose to keep fighting that they would have the right to book him for the unification bout. If he retires then there is not a lot anyone can do about it.

Should they just drag him to the octagon and lock him in there if he doesn't want to fight? Guys retire all the time whenever they like.

The company can choose not to enforce the agreement if they want to also. If the opportunity came along to make a ton of cash, I am sure they would negotiate to make that happen.

When GSP first signed... I recall them saying there was a "fine" in the contract if he didn't defend.

If it was a "real" punishment written into the contract... then tell him he doesn't get his PPV money for this fight until he defends... or even say 50% of his overall earnings would be a "real" fine... but I'm pretty much doubting that. It waz likely so small that it's insignificant by comparison to what he made... & was just put in place so that they could look like they tried... & the public would buy into the legitimacy of the Bisping fight.

It absolutely baffles me regarding the shit and criticism GSP has been getting. Comes back, finishes the MW champ and vacates the title (for valid health reasons) so the MW division can move on and get back to normal. When he gets his shit together, he'll go take his WW title back and correct a second division too.

You are absolutely correct and logical. The sherdog gang will most likely hitch you to a horse and drag you through the streets for the truth that doesn't fit the agenda.

good luck to you sir.

That's not even what I'm debating or discussing on this occasion.

I'm more confused at why this guy is in the media crying and whining about Georges not defending. He's trying to play all corporate bully like "oh yeah, I put it in the contract".

You put what in the contract bro lol, he walked away with no defense of the title scott-free!?

What would you like to see done about it?

There is nothing he can put in writing that can force someone with a health issue to defend at a weight he can't maintain. Dana White is a clown no matter what way you twist it. He only cares about money so it doesn't matter. If GSP never wanted to defend that and go to another weight even without health issues Uncle Dana was going to let him because GSP is one of the only real PPV draws now since he lost his cows in Ronda and McNugget. The guy can shut up, whatever was in the contract meant nothing, ever!

GSP came in for an easy fight and then went running, just like he did when strict drug testing came in. Or when he left the MMAAA Union in despair after he got his deal done lmao. Conor was right
Lol "easy fight".

Almost every single mma media outlet predicted Bisping would win via stoppage.

GOD BLESS GSP........HE WORKED OLE DANA FOR AN EASY PAYDAY......................... SMART MAN......SEMI RICH MAN. STILL COLLECTING MILLIONS FROM SPONSORS. Not the Crazy B..S. of Conor But still impressive. Ceartainly NOT A COKEHEAD LIKE CONOR.

GSP is estimated around 30 million net worth, if thats only semi rich you must have a very high opinion of what rich constitutes

Whatever happens, do not rely on past histories and behaviors.

Dana is the Patsy here. Plain and simple.
GSP came strolling in, looking a little like Dr. Evil, and swindled the UFC, Dana...... Everybody!!!!

This was all by design, and again I assure you. Dana is entirely on the up and up here, this was all perpetrated by GSP fooling everyone and for the first time in recorded history the scumbag promoter who routinely lies through his teeth constantly is being entire truthful here and was taken for a ride and is most definitely NOT in on it.

871.gif

For all the time Dana screw fighters over with contract clauses... I am kind of glad. Karma is a bitch!

GSP came in for an easy fight and then went running, just like he did when strict drug testing came in. Or when he left the MMAAA Union in despair after he got his deal done lmao. Conor was right

I have to wonder why all you guys are so hateful. Conor is one to talk about playing the system, lol. How much confusion has he left in his path to get what he wants.

Whatever happens, do not rely on past histories and behaviors.

Dana is the Patsy here. Plain and simple.
GSP came strolling in, looking a little like Dr. Evil, and swindled the UFC, Dana...... Everybody!!!!

This was all by design, and again I assure you. Dana is entirely on the up and up here, this was all perpetrated by GSP fooling everyone and for the first time in recorded history the scumbag promoter who routinely lies through his teeth constantly is being entire truthful here and was taken for a ride and is most definitely NOT in on it.

871.gif

DW also thought Conor would defend his title in 2017 too, so it just goes to prove DW doesn't know his ass from a hole in the ground.

Exactly how did GSP swindle the UFC? He came, he fought, he conquered. When his health problems came up, he immediately vacated so he wasn't responsible for hijacking a division. The middleweight division moves on, DW and the UFC had their biggest PPV of the year, and people still find reasons to bitch and complain.

GSP is getting valid criticism. He was gifted an undeserved fight against the weakest MW champion in MW history. It delegitimised the division, held up truly competitive contenders, and as expected, he vacated. The health reason may or may not be legitimate: believing in GSP is not unlike believing in DW.

He's trying to play all corporate bully like "oh yeah, I put it in the contract".

You put what in the contract bro...

I actually have a copy of the contract...

Section 3, Line 5a;

If you win the title from Bisping, you must defend against Whitaker. If you do not defend against Whitaker, I will tell everyone that you're a big pee-pee head loser, and that you were never my friend... And I liked Penn better than you.

Stuff like this implies that WME were the main people involved and Dana didn't really want anything to do with it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back