Dana White Under Oath Claimed He Made Conor a Star

How much credit should White get for Conor's fame?

• Total voters

ReadWrite

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
The ongoing UFC anti-trust lawsuit continues to reveal interesting tidbits, including that Dana White very much takes credit for Conor McGregor’s rise. He stated the following in a deposition.

“Four years ago, Conor McGregor was available to everybody. Bellator, ONE FC, UFC, everybody out there. Do you know who went out- he was- he was 7 and 2, Okay? Guy’s record was 7 and 2. There’s a zillion of them, right? I went out and got Conor McGregor. I saw him, I liked his personality, and I turned him into a star, one of the biggest stars on earth right...”

View image on Twitter

This is factually incorrect as well as misleading; McGregor was already a two-weight champion in Cage Warriors with considerable hype, and his record was 12-2 when the UFC signed him.

https://www.mmamania.com/2018/2/22/...-credit-for-conor-mcgregor-rise-in-deposition

He did give Conor favorable match-ups to build him up.

Conor is responsible for everything that is Conor but he did get some help from the ufc

He did a little as he was the one who gave him the opportunity to shine on the big stage but Conor did the rest.

This is factually incorrect as well as misleading; McGregor was already a two-weight champion in Cage Warriors with considerable hype, and his record was 12-2 when the UFC signed him.

Was Cage Warriors making millions thanks to Conor?

Conor made Conor a mega star, not Dana White.

He gave Conor a bigger platform, but Conor made himself a star. He is the one who made the fight predictions and delivered, not Dana White.

Why hasn't Dana White made a star since Conor McGregor? Exactly.

Colin got handed high end manlets on a platter and slayed them left and right.

The ongoing UFC anti-trust lawsuit continues to reveal interesting tidbits, including that Dana White very much takes credit for Conor McGregor’s rise. He stated the following in a deposition.

“Four years ago, Conor McGregor was available to everybody. Bellator, ONE FC, UFC, everybody out there. Do you know who went out- he was- he was 7 and 2, Okay? Guy’s record was 7 and 2. There’s a zillion of them, right? I went out and got Conor McGregor. I saw him, I liked his personality, and I turned him into a star, one of the biggest stars on earth right...”

View image on Twitter

https://www.mmamania.com/2018/2/22/...-credit-for-conor-mcgregor-rise-in-deposition
No cares about Cage Warriors.

Without Dana there would be no Conor. Conor still had to perform but Dana set him up for W from the start.

Without the UFC Conor would be a plumber. Literally.

He helped a lot. But it obviously helped that Conor backed it all up

Such a nice guy. God bless him.

Conor is 100x better at self-promotion than White ever was at promotion.

Zuffa did make Conor into a huge star

they funded him with rentals from jets to cars to suits to the tuf mansion

it helped him getting money persona when really he was on 100/100

the ufc invested in him and it paid off

which is why i always say Ronda > Conor

she didn't need all the funding or stacked cards

floyd took conor above ronda

this is nothing new
said it years ago

gave him good match ups
tv interview
magazine covers

pretended he was a millionaire when he wasn't

if you vote for anything under most
you're a clueless casual who probably os dumb enough to believe conor made 100m from the Floyd fight

NgPHwyj.png

Just because he's the prez of the UFC, the default "some". The gazillion Conor vids UFC put up didn't come from him. Pressers were run by Conor, not Dana. Then the performances. Dana didn't have much to do with this.

IF Dana can make a fighter a star, why is he holding back? He could make millions more if he just used his powers of sorcery.

If Dana could make stars he would make a lot more.

It's all Conor.

Back