Dana White Under Oath Claimed He Made Conor a Star

How much credit should White get for Conor's fame?

• Total voters
He helped make him a star, absolutely. But that's not the same thing as "he made him a star". Conor played a key role.

Dana himself did nothing. The UFC gave Conor the platform to be a star but I wouldn't give Dana that credit.

I agree with your first statement 100% but as much as I like TJ he still has work to do at BW. Like get loss back from Cruz.

In general I don't like this two belt nonsense. It's unfair to other fighters because champs barley defend twice a year no way they can defend two belts twice a year so guys who have very short careers are on hold for one guy to get all the shine.

The only super fight I liked was GSP Silva because they had no one left to fight. And it didnt happen

I agree with TJ but thinks he beats Cruz now. I never saw the fight i should but it was just a decision loss.

Ummm what about Jones and Stipe wouldof been good? Or Jones Lesnar. Jones used to be really active until troubles. Lesnar been a tune up fight for him.

Cormier Stipe also make sense. Cormier has owned everyone and Gust is not super deservig for it immediate.

UFC has interim belts to give guys if a belt is not defended for say more than 8 months. They seem to strip everyone if it goes past 13 or 14 months.

Brock was a guy that needed 0 promotion, 0 press conferences, he'd just show up fight and sell a million. Dana needed Brock more than Brock needed him.

Conor and Dana needed eachother.
No way would Conor have reached the heights he has today without Dana Whites assistance, but Conor also has that certain charisma that sells.

I like to see Dana as a guy who saw potential in Conor to be a big star and helped him utilize it to the fullest. Conor is his own promoter at this point, but without Dana who knows where he would be.

Conor needed to win the fights even if they were great match ups for him.

i honestly believe right around mendes fight is where people started diving for $$$

if Al Hayman can pay a guy to drop his belt and sit put for a year, he can also pay someone to roll over

Dana is no different

Dana is correct. But it doesn't matter who was in charge of the UFC at the time. It was the UFC brand name that was going to make Conor big.

Conor McGregor wasn't going to become a youtuber making 9 figures with boxercise videos.

This is factually incorrect as well as misleading; McGregor was already a two-weight champion in Cage Warriors with considerable hype, and his record was 12-2 when the UFC signed him.

And when Dana came to Ireland before signing Conor, he was constantly shouted at to sign Mcgregor by legions of fans that turned up to see him receive an honorary degree from Trinity.

Dana through Conor was a HW, couple of months later Dana signed him.

Guy just can't stop lying.

Yea, the UFC definitely didn't help him with the Boston card or the world tour before the Aldo fight where the most obvious case of favoritism was shown in UFC history. Yes, Conor did extremely well promoting himself in interviews and on social media. He also did the most important thing; win in spectacular fashion but the UFC was behind him from day one and they wanted him to be their champion.

Honda didn't need a money persona.

Ronda was a flash in the pan...an over hyped fraud...who has been exposed. they did the world tour, cause it was a huge fight...and remember, that fight was cancelled, cause aldo pulled out with a fake injury...so all that touring was pretty much for nothing...

Little. He is obviously the promoter and he did put some effort in but Conor is fucking Conor, he would of made it with Mousasi being a promoter.

was Dana feeding Conor the punch lines and one liners or something?

was Dana feeding Conor the punch lines and one liners or something?

No, but he was feeding him millions of dollars into marketing. There's a reason Conor was on welfare before the UFC.

No, but he was feeding him millions of dollars into marketing. There's a reason Conor was on welfare before the UFC.
but did Dana tell Conor exactly what to say and how to act while on camera?

Dana/UFC definitely helped Conor out in various ways but unless they had some of those fights fixed for him he still had to go out there and win...

Dana is the only reason subpar fighters like Sage and Perry even exist in the UFC. He absolutely made Conor a star.

wheres the both of them are assholes option

Back