danahers back dvd preview

When inserting your second hook and you are using your outside hook to make space you block the leg with your already inserted hook to prevent the guy from re-defending. I thought Danaher wasn't doing then and after writing a post about that noticed he had zero hooks in.
http://artofjiujitsu.com/library/fundamentals-6-28-2017-using-outside-hook-to-take-back/
See this is why I take issue with your criticism.. on first cursory glance.. you immediately declare it “inferior” because you don’t like him.. then the criticism has to be retracted after actually having to go back it up

its funny how people will just hate on a guy cause they dont like his personality and somehow try to use that and say there tec is garbage. lol thats funny idc if stalin created the dvd series if it works ill use it

"I fear not the man who has practiced 10 000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10 000 times." is the most famous one.
You know damn well I’m referring to the take what is useful and discard the rest. Lol.. or do you hate Danaher because he reminds you of yourself in attitude? Genuine question

You know damn well I’m referring to the take what is useful and discard the rest. Lol.. or do you hate Danaher because he reminds you of yourself in attitude? Genuine question

We might both show loads of contempt for things which we strongly believe are false with but that's the part of Danaher I like.
I hate the way Danaher explain technique. I was in a super bad mood while watching DVD due to being injured due to not being able to roll and compete so it was infuriating. It's the opposite of what I feel what good instruction should be. I super dislike training related things done badly for what I believe is on purpose.
Obviously Danaher does a lot of stuff right coaching wise. Example: making his team prepare for ADCC in a way that made sense like Gordon focusing on wrestling and steroids and heel hooks for sub only.
I plan on using the techniques from him that are good despite his horrible instruction.
I feel Danaher is ridiculous and super silly but he is not on my list of people I feel proper real hatred towards.
I assume you imagine I'm some bold guy out of shape old guy who spews philosophical jiu jitsu bullshit while skipping rounds.

i find it funny people online shit on him saying hes condescending yet the ones saying it are normally the biggest little shitheads online who go out of there way to make smart ass comments

Surprised this is 9 hours. I thought this might be a smaller set just on back finishing. Didn't realize it covered entries to the back. I had a hard time getting through the leg lock set but I was more interested in this one so I may find someone to go halfsies on this.

maybe it's 9 hours cuz the dude can't stop talking. homeboy needs an editor. christ he's annoying. yeah yeah, he's produced some great talent and I know he's super super super legit etc, but hearing him talk is grating to the ears. he talks like Yoda and talks down to everyone. he's annoying as shit.

rear naked strangle, lol what a douche

jk, im gonna give it a little bit and here some more reviews before buyin danahers stuff

I know its probably great, just want them to work out the bugs first in terms of production

Actually I rewatched the bit I though Danaher was doing in an not optimal manner and it turns out he was doing it from a slightly different position where the Rafa magic move wasn't possible.
I'm not a huge fan of his instructionals but for his injuries I'm pleasantly surprised at his technique execution. He moves pretty good considering how fucked up his body is.

John Danaher was a philosophy major. Why anyone is surprised by his love of super-specific word choices and general condescension is beyond me.

We might both show loads of contempt for things which we strongly believe are false with but that's the part of Danaher I like.
I hate the way Danaher explain technique. I was in a super bad mood while watching DVD due to being injured due to not being able to roll and compete so it was infuriating. It's the opposite of what I feel what good instruction should be. I super dislike training related things done badly for what I believe is on purpose.
Obviously Danaher does a lot of stuff right coaching wise. Example: making his team prepare for ADCC in a way that made sense like Gordon focusing on wrestling and steroids and heel hooks for sub only.
I plan on using the techniques from him that are good despite his horrible instruction.
I feel Danaher is ridiculous and super silly but he is not on my list of people I feel proper real hatred towards.
I assume you imagine I'm some bold guy out of shape old guy who spews philosophical jiu jitsu bullshit while skipping rounds.
So when you are hurt and don’t have anywhere to go.. you get more mad that the instructions take a little longer. You also left out how your dislike is related to self admitted insecurity. Leaving that aside, you literally just said a technique was inferior because it was Danaher showing it. Then had to backtrack after actually watching it. Which shows a high level of bias that goes beyond being annoyed by him.
I don’t think he does it on purpose, it’s literally how his brain works, I’ve stated multiple times I don’t think his teaching style is optimal, but the level of vitriol and hatred and obvious jealousy shown by a lot of people gets old. Especially because the majority of those people are still either buying or stealing the information

No I don’t think you’re the old round skipping guy. That’s EvenFlow.. lol.

I like the way he says “Tremendous Breaking Presser” while teaching.

I like the way he says “Tremendous Breaking Presser” while teaching.

Preface: I thought his leg lock dvds were pretty great. I would've killed a man, in front of his own family, to have had those when I was first starting out. I started leglocking 11 years ago or so, so I've figured out most of the tricks of the trade, but even I still picked up some details that I've incorporated with great success. With that said...

Someone clearly told danaher between leg lock dvd set 1 and leg lock dvd set 2 he says the phrase "absolutely critical" too many times. He tries to avoid it as much as he can, but sometimes it just pops out before he can catch it and he visibly winces. He has a few sayings like that (including tremendous pressure, tremendous breaking pressure, etc.) where I think it wouldn't matter in a 1hr class, but in a 9 hr dvd it shows.

Back