danahers back dvd preview

well, sure, then its obvious that someone that specializes on finishing form the back will be better at attacking the back over someone who doesnt focus on that?

By attacking the back I refer to taking the back vs attacking from the back. Rafa's bread and butter is taking the back and he is a killer at that.

By attacking the back I refer to taking the back vs attacking from the back. Rafa's bread and butter is taking the back and he is a killer at that.

English isn’t my first language though I believe attacking the back stands for attacking the back and taking the back for well, taking the back. Of course Rafa is a killer taking the back...

It's kind of eery how parallel Ryan Hall's explanation of this and Danaher's are. They even say "absolutely critical" around the same bits.

They definitely have strong similarities, although Ryan is quite funny, Jhon sounds too pedantic to be for real..

New idea: John Danaher advertisement for the squatty potty- "As you can see, the alignment of the torso and thighs generate a quite remarkable shitting pressure"

While he could have been more brief, the actual material was good. I was never taught that about the elbow blocking the shoulder for the seatbelt. As a matter of fact, prior to this I would have thought of it as poor technique because the opponent would have more choke arm available to control to armbar,shift on other side of head to escape, or defend. I am looking forward to drilling this.

While he could have been more brief, the actual material was good. I was never taught that about the elbow blocking the shoulder for the seatbelt. As a matter of fact, prior to this I would have thought of it as poor technique because the opponent would have more choke arm available to control to armbar,shift on other side of head to escape, or defend. I am looking forward to drilling this.

What footage are you referring to? Not sure what you meant by “elbow blocking the shoulder?”

You know, I can see why the whiners think some of their opinions about him from podcasts or interviews.
But.. again. His instructionals come across as an ocd person who’s obsessive over something trying to explain every single little thing behind his stuff. And because he doesn’t have the patience for hobbyists or low belts, he doesn’t need to adjust his teaching style. He can either go super advanced when teaching or his ocd makes him go over everything

His instructionals come across as an ocd person who’s obsessive over something trying to explain every single little thing behind his stuff.

He doesn't explain that much details. Most of the time he shows 1 or 2 most important ones, he just uses a lot of extra words to do that. His loyal fans love that.

Last edited:
You know, I can see why the whiners think some of their opinions about him from podcasts or interviews.
But.. again. His instructionals come across as an ocd person who’s obsessive over something trying to explain every single little thing behind his stuff. And because he doesn’t have the patience for hobbyists or low belts, he doesn’t need to adjust his teaching style. He can either go super advanced when teaching or his ocd makes him go over everything

To be honest, is the Lower belts who need a ton of info about every move. Upper belts just want the vid to be short and Concise... when I was a white snd blue, I would eat all of Ryan’s dvds without skipping anything... I would hardly do it anymore...

To be honest, is the Lower belts who need a ton of info about every move. Upper belts just want the vid to be short and Concise... when I was a white snd blue, I would eat all of Ryan’s dvds without skipping anything... I would hardly do it anymore...

In a class setting there is a risk most beginners won't pick up the important stuff. As a brown belt I love good details, If you watch say Caio Terra or Rafa explain things they mention a ton of things that make a big difference.

He doesn't explain that much details. Most of the time he shows 1 or 2 most important ones, he just uses a lot of extra words to do that. His loyal fans love that.
No, the length comes from spending so much time on each detail. I’ve stated multiple times. His teaching style isn’t optimal for a “classroom/practice” setting. For a video instructional, where his OCD comes out. It’s part of it. But hey you hate him, for obvious emotional reasons so it’s whatever

what day this week is it coming? suppose to be within 7 days

Hey we agree about Danaher, common ground.

if anyone disagreed about danaher is a fucking retard who is trying to diminish his results due to hating his personality doesnt matter how a person acts there results are what matter he cant be denied

if anyone disagreed about danaher is a fucking retard who is trying to diminish his results due to hating his personality doesnt matter how a person acts there results are what matter he cant be denied
how people act matters, but Danaher is just odd. Not throwing trollies and ruining fighters health and careers​

how people act matters, but Danaher is just odd. Not throwing trollies and ruining fighters health and careers​
how some acts doesn't reflect on there technique if Stalin created some new edge bjj shit that worked id use it u can hate the person teaching it but u have to least give them there credit im not a fan of bravo at all i think hes a horrible influence on kids ect but he does have some good stuff i cant take away the things he has done for the no gi community i hate on him as a person but i cant hate on some of the things hes done

isnt he suppose to release a mount dvd in few months as well heard hes doing 2 more front headlock and mount apparently not sure how legit the source is

What footage are you referring to? Not sure what you meant by “elbow blocking the shoulder?”

The main detail in the video is for the elbow to block the shoulder in seat belt. I have never seen that detail emphasized before. Prior to this video,I had a much shallower seat belt. I recently drilled this detail with a training partner and it made a big difference. I'm going to go ahead and purchase this instructional.

isnt he suppose to release a mount dvd in few months as well heard hes doing 2 more front headlock and mount apparently not sure how legit the source is

The next two DVDs he is making are front headlock and kimura. He mentioned something in a response to a comment on one of his facebook points about eventually making a mount set, but probably not for a while.

The next two DVDs he is making are front headlock and kimura. He mentioned something in a response to a comment on one of his facebook points about eventually making a mount set, but probably not for a while.

im very much looking forward to his headlock series not so much kimura we have tons of great dvds on that the bjj community really needs a mount dvd something guys dont really like i love mount but the majority of people dont like it i do cause unlike side control you dont have to expend as much energy and move as much just subtle shifts in your hips ect

Back