DANGER GIRL Movie in the Works

Dragonlordxxxxx

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
DANGER GIRL Movie in the Works From RESIDENT EVIL, HITMAN Producers

NTNXH5j.jpg

Constantin Film, the company behind the Resident Evil movie series, is eyeing a new female-fronted action franchise.

The company has picked up the film rights to Danger Girl, the hit 1990s comic book, and is developing the title with Jeremy Bolt's Bolt Pictures and Adrian Askarieh's Prime Universe Films to produce films and television shows based on the fan-favorite property.

Created by artist J. Scott Campbell and writer Andy Hartnell, Girl follows the adventures of Abbey Chase, an adventurer who was reluctantly recruited into a secret organization. Chase is then paired with operatives Sydney Savage and Natalia Kasstle on a globe-trotting adventure to locate a series of mystical objects and keep them out of the hands of the evil Hammer Syndicate.

The comic was a blend of Indiana Jones, James Bond and Charlie's Angels and an instant hit when it debuted in 1998 from Jim Lee's Wildstorm imprint.

The comic spawned a Sony PlayStation video game and was at one point set up at New Line with Blade director Stephen Norrington attached.

Askarieh, who is a producer of the Hitman action films, has been developing the property of late and brought it to Bolt and Constantin, with whom he recently signed a first-look deal.

Constantin's Robert Kulzer will produce along with Bolt and Askarieh. Constantin's Martin Moszkowicz will executive produce. Creators Campbell and Hartnell will also executive produce.

Female empowerment will be one of the buzzwords. "Danger Girl is the perfect opportunity to create a team of grounded, relatable and dangerous young female characters but with humor and spectacular action," said Bolt.

'Danger Girl' Movie in the Works From 'Hitman' and 'Resident Evil' Producers

Constantin Film, the company behind the Resident Evil movie series, is eyeing a new female-fronted action franchise.

The company has picked up the film rights to Danger Girl, the hit 1990s comic book, and is developing the title with Jeremy Bolt's Bolt Pictures and Adrian Askarieh's Prime Universe Films to produce films and television shows based on the fan-favorite property.

Created by artist J. Scott Campbell and writer Andy Hartnell, Girl follows the adventures of Abbey Chase, an adventurer who was reluctantly recruited into a secret organization. Chase is then paired with operatives Sydney Savage and Natalia Kasstle on a globe-trotting adventure to locate a series of mystical objects and keep them out of the hands of the evil Hammer Syndicate.

The comic was a blend of Indiana Jones, James Bond and Charlie's Angels and an instant hit when it debuted in 1998 from Jim Lee's Wildstorm imprint.

The comic spawned a Sony PlayStation video game and was at one point set up at New Line with Blade director Stephen Norrington attached.

Askarieh, who is a producer of the Hitman action films, has been developing the property of late and brought it to Bolt and Constantin, with whom he recently signed a first-look deal.

Constantin's Robert Kulzer will produce along with Bolt and Askarieh. Constantin's Martin Moszkowicz will executive produce. Creators Campbell and Hartnell will also executive produce.

Female empowerment will be one of the buzzwords. "Danger Girl is the perfect opportunity to create a team of grounded, relatable and dangerous young female characters but with humor and spectacular action," said Bolt.

J. Scott Campbell was always one of my favorite comic artists. I think I still have #s 1-15 of DG.

Still don't think it's gonna make for a great movie, though. I'm just glad other comic studios are trying something.

J. Scott Campbell was always one of my favorite comic artists. I think I still have #s 1-15 of DG.

Still don't think it's gonna make for a great movie, though. I'm just glad other comic studios are trying something.
I remember that comic. Don't remember anything about the story or anything, I just remember leafing thru and the ogling the artwork babes.

I don’t remember much about the plot, but if this movie is to be even remotely true to the source material, the quality of the eye candy should be something else.

Of all the J. Scott Campbell properties I figured Gen 13 would get a movie before Danger Girl.

But then that's probably because I was hoping for a Dv8 spinoff movie...

Back