Daniel Cormier: “I’m not afraid of Stipe. Why would I be?

A chubby lhw sparks him in a round but Stipe claims dc is scared of him? Lol

It is but it's prize fighting, happens this way in boxing too, the better you sell the fight and more drama the build the more money you made.

It's why no one cared about Mighty Mouses fights and Conor is the biggest PPV star of all time.

It's just so tired. Maybe those fights didn't sell because generally speaking, people want to see physically bigger fighters because there's more of an implication overall as to who the best of the best is but if they would just give it a chance, I really think they could sell a pay per view based on the fighters previous accomplishments and skill sets rather than how "mad" a fighter is at another. MMA is going to go into another lull because there's only so much horse shit the public can fit in their gullets and they aren't willing to try anything different as far as packaging.

dc will have lewis on the ground in under a minute..and then it's pretty much over...I give it end of 1st round stoppage or 2nd round...

Agreed, he's gonna gas out Lewis quick with his grappling, it's gonna go like the Rumble fights.

1. It's ridiculous to think that DC is afraid of Stipe.

2. If/when they fight again, DC will win again. DC is a better and more durable fighter. he's also a better athlete.

DC FTW. And I like Stipe.

one would have to be a fucking idiot to think DC is afraid, he knocked Stipe's ass dead in 1 round with EASE and it would happen again because Stipe hasn't changed his shit defense in years
Lol at comparing that Stipe fights to other stipe fights

Wasn't even similar
Higher pay and weaker opponent is absolutely a fair reason for accepting a specific fight while injured and turning down another
<36>
lmao what has this sport become

Agreed, he's gonna gas out Lewis quick with his grappling, it's gonna go like the Rumble fights.

dc takes too good of shot..even if you hurt dc, he can recover using his grappling. but I don't think lewis will even hit dc with anything clean...

DC is like that friend who beats you once at Madden or 2k and won’t play you again because they know 9/10 times you whoop their ass.
This is how I think most fans imagine fights.

Stipe lost, so what do you do? You pick Stipe again and ask for a rematch.

Only this is real life and it doesn't work like that.

Just imagine every time you lose with the Stipe character, your controller get a bit busted up, it's cable chewed a bit and a couple of buttons don't work anymore.

DC wont fight stipe right now because there wasnt enough drama or trash talk? He says issues sell and stirring the pot would have better to sell the fight.

He then chooses to fight a guy who literally said he wasnt ready and didnt deserve a title shot.

All I know is that one minute you were too injured to compete, the next minute you are taking a fight against a man you are openly saying you think is going to be easy money. Those are the facts..

DC beating Stipe was also easy money.

That is also a fact.

I don't think DC is scared. But, I think his non stop eye pokes changed the fight heavily.

Eye pokes are the UFC and referees fault. All the way back to Anthony Johnson vs Kevin Burns, eye pokes have been changing fights.

This will not change until fight results are changed post-hoc, based on video review. In other words, athletic commissions need to start taking wins away from fighters who change the outcome of a fight due to significant eye poke(s). Even if the referee misses it during the fight, the fighter should be disqualified days or even weeks later based on video review.

Until this happens, or until referees start taking points away for the FIRST eye poke in a fight, it won't change. So no point in complaining about it.

one would have to be a fucking idiot to think DC is afraid, he knocked Stipe's ass dead in 1 round with EASE and it would happen again because Stipe hasn't changed his shit defense in years

I agree. I always thought Stipe had an incredibly lucky run. Someone that gets defeated decisively by Stefan Struve doesn't deserve to be UFC champion.

Stipe scored a few lucky knockouts before his horrible defense failed him, that was the essence of his run. His only impressive fight was against Ngannou, who gassed early.

Stipe deserves a rematch because of the eye pokes. I was backing DC and wanted him to beat Stipe, but those eye pokes soiled DC’s win, in my opinion.

Literally no one said Cormier was afraid of Stipe.... or did Stipe?

<LikeReally5><Goldie11>

Black beast is not a bigger fight than Stipe and DC jumped at the chance of fighting Lewis and was vocal of not wanting to fight Stipe again. Theres no denying DC is not afraid of Stipe since he beat him but he is smart, he knows Stipe could beat him, and thinks lewis has hardly any chance of doing so.

Miocic knows he’s on the outside looking in and could be there for awhile. Lewis, Lesnar are next and no one knows after that. Could be Jones or Gus.

The whole “it’s not like it’s a hard fight” vibes from DC is what throws me off. He’s definitely a cocky dude.

The whole beef with Jones started because Jones said he could take him down. Dudes not humble at all.

There should be some interest in this fight again. DC was not leading the fight, and landed 1 punch correctly after dishing out eye-poke galor. Stipe's face was all marked up near the eyes. Also the "one" good punch he landed came AFTER a poke in the eye while in the clinch.

Also the man fighting DC believes Stipe deserves it more.
Fluke win? Defiantly some talking points.

All DC talks about anymore is money. What a sellout

When you're close to retirement, money matters most. He just double champed. Other than beating Jones, he doesn't have much to prove. Might as well make some money before you leave the sport.

DC ... has a point.

Stipe doing himself no favors whining on the sideline demanding a rematch after a first round knockout. Should have taken a quick fight and then waited for something to go haywire with DC-Lesnar.

Back