DAREDEVIL on Netflix v.4 (Cancelled After 3 Seasons)

Finished the season. So, so good.

Finale was great. Fisk and Vanessa are such a good combo. The actress actually does perfect with the role, she is cold calculated and actually can tell Fisk what to do.

This season was damn good.

D'Onofrio better get fucking nominated for an Emmy. He straight made the season. It's a huge thing when the villain and antagonist is just so well done. I just enjoyed every aspect of his performance.

He takes a comic book character that absolutely should not work in a realistic setting and just adapted it perfectly. One step ahead of everyone, out planning multiple groups and just a master manipulator, all backed by the physicality and unhinged violence he just exudes.

Season was an 8.5 almost 9 for me.

Was just bummed to have DD out of the suit this season.

Fight scenes were as good as they are expected to be and just leaps and bounds above the trash that was IF.

Charlie Cox also just nails both Murdock and DD. Would like to see him crossover with Spidey eventually.

Finished the season. So, so good.

Finale was great. Fisk and Vanessa are such a good combo. The actress actually does perfect with the role, she is cold calculated and actually can tell Fisk what to do.

This season was damn good.

D'Onofrio better get fucking nominated for an Emmy. He straight made the season. It's a huge thing when the villain and antagonist is just so well done. I just enjoyed every aspect of his performance.

He takes a comic book character that absolutely should not work in a realistic setting and just adapted it perfectly. One step ahead of everyone, out planning multiple groups and just a master manipulator, all backed by the physicality and unhinged violence he just exudes.

Season was an 8.5 almost 9 for me.

Was just bummed to have DD out of the suit this season.

Fight scenes were as good as they are expected to be and just leaps and bounds above the trash that was IF.

Charlie Cox also just nails both Murdock and DD. Would like to see him crossover with Spidey eventually.

The show-runner for this season said his father served in an Intelligence Agency, and that's how he approached the character of Fisk: a Spy Master who could manipulate people as though they were pieces on a Chess board:cool:

One example is the beginning of episode 4, when Dex and the other Fed think they're going to wake Fisk early for a cell toss...only to find him already up, dressed and facing the wall when they enter his room.

Last edited:
Finished the Season today. Really enjoyed this season.

Prison Scene was just awesome

Bullseye was no joke

Really like the 'Karen' episode. I know some of y'all are gonna hate it

Really love Vincent as Wilson Fisk. Gotta keep him around as long as the series stays on Netflix.

I'm at episode 5 now. So Bullseye is an incel? Terrible with women, anger issues, creepy. Fits the bill.

The relationship between Fisk and Dex reminds me of Revenge of the Sith. Like Palpatine, Fisk is a master manipulator. He sees that Dex, like Anakin, possess a remarkable talent for violence, but is also unbalanced and isn't trusted by the elite group he fights for. So he seduces Dex to the, "dark side" and turns him into his personal assassin...

I'm at episode 5 now. So Bullseye is an incel? Terrible with women, anger issues, creepy. Fits the bill.

What's weird is that Poindexter isn't a bad looking guy. OK, he's not a Homo Sapiens Hemsworth like Matt, who can make the girls moist just by walking into a room, but he's in great shape and has a cool job. On paper, he should be smashing NYC 6's and 7's.

Meanwhile Fisk, who looks like three miles of bad road, still has enough Game to land Vanessa. There's a great scene way back in season 1, where Fisk goes to the art gallery to ask Vanessa to dinner. She turns him down, on the grounds that she can't close the gallery early. As Fisk walks away, she teases him that he could have bought every painting, thus freeing her to have dinner with him...

Fisk, "Any woman who can be bought isn't worth having"

Vanessa, "I like Italian food".

Fisk, "Something else we have in common":cool:

Last edited:
The relationship between Fisk and Dex reminds me of Revenge of the Sith. Like Palpatine, Fisk is a master manipulator. He sees that Dex, like Anakin, possess a remarkable talent for violence, but is also unbalanced and isn't trusted by the elite group he fights for. So he seduces Dex to the, "dark side" and turns him into his personal assassin...
Wow, I never looked at it that way....thats spot on.

Edit: going to rewatch entire series again, already

Never really noticed before but I am really annoyed with the actor playing Foggy. It's painful to watch this guy. He's not talking like a real person.

If Daredevil doesn't have regenerative ability, shouldn't he have CTE by now?

I was thinking of it as Fisk seducing Dex to work alongside him...never realized how similar it is to Palpatine and Anakin.

I guess the main difference is that Anakin always admired Palpatine. Dex hated Fisk and just snapped when he realized he had nothing left.

If Daredevil doesn't have regenerative ability, shouldn't he have CTE by now?
Ya he does take way too much damage. He needs to be a little more efficient in dispatching typical 'toughs' and should only really get dragged into the deep water by the true top guys like Kingpin and Bullseye.

I was thinking of it as Fisk seducing Dex to work alongside him...never realized how similar it is to Palpatine and Anakin.

I guess the main difference is that Anakin always admired Palpatine. Dex hated Fisk and just snapped when he realized he had nothing left.

Good point:cool:

Fisk and Palpatine are similar characters. Both are superb strategists and manipulators, who can move people around like chess pieces. They are almost always several moves ahead of their opponents. They excel at finding people's weaknesses and desires, and using it against them. They twist the law and politics to shield themselves from the consequences of their actions.

While both prefer to leave physical violence to underlings, both are extremely dangerous fighters who take a sadistic pleasure in beating opponents in battle.

Both are utterly ruthless, especially Palpatine, who is quite simply the lust for power incarnate. Fisk is actually a better person than Palpatine, since for all his brutality and ruthlessness, he still loves Vanessa.

Last edited:
Some more thoughts about episode 4,

- When Agent Nadeem tells Poindexter, "Because of you, my wife still has a husband. Because of you, my son still has a father". Yeah, pretty sure that's a great big steaming bowl of Foreshadowing right there:eek:

- Another shout-out to Born Again: the name the woman gives to Karen, Felix Manning, is one of the Kingpin's men in the comic. He's beaten to death by a psychopath hired by Fisk who's wearing a replica Daredevil suit...

I wish Punisher was in this season

I’m on episode 8 and this is playing out like a Greek tragedy.

God I wish Punisher was around just wasting people. Daredevil is too mistake prone.

Im skipping over the posts to not get spoiled.

That said, the prison scenario... my god. That was fucking awesome. Id say it's better than Punishers. Punishers was great, but it's only a few scenes. Murdock's entire visit was phenomenal.

We also got to see Murdock actually fight. But that one long take had some moments that the actor switched out with a stunt man.

Still, when the siren was going, i had a hard on. The entire thing was tits.

Episode 5

"There is no corpse". Straight out of the comic book:cool:

Dex has some serious fucking issues:eek: How did he pass the background check for the FBI? I know his records were sealed, but the fact he was in a loony bin for a major part of his life should have been obvious, even if the details weren't available. Also, lol at the psychiatrist getting Dex to, "practice empathy". All that doing that with a psychopath accomplishes is teaching them how to fake it better.

Last edited:
My only gripe is similar to @Protectandserve .... so many moments especially post 'Karen' episode where you're just like "someone call that dude out in like Staten Island with the giant skull on his chest that just blew up a major government conspiracy for some help...."

My only gripe is similar to @Protectandserve .... so many moments especially post 'Karen' episode where you're just like "someone call that dude out in like Staten Island with the giant skull on his chest that just blew up a major government conspiracy for some help...."
Yeah would have been slick as hell to have Castle show up and wreck shop.

That was one of my favorite parts of season 2, giant ninja fight and Frank is dropping people with sniper shots while DD is doing spinning shit.

You call in Frank and the season ends the same episode. Fisk get's his head blown off with .50 sniper round and Bullseye is anally raped to death with his own billy club:D

Back