DAREDEVIL on Netflix v.4 (Cancelled After 3 Seasons)

I'm on board with this. Kingpin is going to fuck some shit up and wreck Matt Murdoch AND Daredevil. Bullseye would be the best choice for a side villain too.

Please for the love of god no more ninja shit though.

Kingpin: Great news.

New show runner: Fear. Lots of fear.

Update: October 25, 2017

Erik Oleson is the New DAREDEVIL Showrunner; Vincent D'Onofrio Returns for Season 3

GWDAiXD.png

Marvel’s Daredevil will see a familiar face return and a new boss take over behind the camera for Season 3.

Vincent D’Onofrio has been set to reprise as Wilson Fisk for the third season of Daredevil, Deadline has learned. As the Kingpin crime lord, the Emmy nominee was the main villain in Season 1 of the Netflix series and made an imprisoned appearance in last year’s Season 2. The ex-Law & Order actor hinted to fans recently that official word on his Daredevil return was in the cards with a banner photo of the Fisk character up on his Twitter page

In Addition to D’Onofrio’s return, Erik Oleson will be taking over as showrunner as things gear up on the New York City set of the Charlie Cox-led series. Marvel and Netflix haven’t announced a launch date for Daredevil‘sSeason 3 — nor for Jessica Jones or Luke Cage’s second seasons for that matter.

Douglas Petrie and Marco Ramirez were showrunners for Season 2 of Daredevil, with both moving on to handle the same duties on Marvel’s The Defenders. Petrie exited that production early on, while Ramirez saw the Daredevil-Jessica Jones-Iron Fist-Luke Cage team-up through to its eight-episode launch August 17. Despite high hopes from some fans, D’Onofrio’s Fisk was not a part of The Defenders as Sigourney Weaver played the main antagonist on that project.

Oleson, most recently an executive producer and writer on Amazon’s The Man in the High Castle, more than made his superhero bones from spending a season and more as a co-EP on the CW’s Arrow.

‘Daredevil’ Brings Back Vincent D’Onofrio For Season 3; Erik Oleson Joins As New Showrunner

The big guy was seaon one's MVP. Glad to see him back.:cool:

Also: no more fucking ninjas, please:rolleyes:

Considering DD eventually becomes leader of The Hand in the comics. Ninjas are always going to be a part of it. His rogues gallery isn't Spidermans. So unless we get MoonKnight involved we are kind of stuck. Unless you think stilt man is an awesome villain.

Last edited:
Bullseye will most likely be the secondary antagonist alongside Kingpin.

Considering DD eventually becomes leader of The Hand in the comics. Ninjas are always going to be a part of it. His rogues gallery isn't Spidermans. So unless we get MoonKnight involved we are kind of stuck. Unless you think stilt man is an awesome villain.
I wouldn't mind him encountering a sea of random wackos and B-/C-Level villains.

Awesome. Guess we know what storyline they're doing for sure now.

Hopefully this showrunner was responsible for the good seasons of Arrow and not the not-so-good ones...

Excited to have Fisk back. D'onfrio plays a great heavy. Little nervous about a new showrunner, to be honest. I thought season 2 was great, so i would have been happy if the same guys returned to run it. With 2 seasons to go off of, hopefully he gets it right. Also hoping Bullseye pops up.

I love Vincent D'onfrio's approach to the Kingpin. His delivery though...it's like he realized Christian Bale isn't doing an embarrassing comic book voice anymore so he jumped right on one.

Update: January 25, 2018

WILLOW's Joanne Whalley to Play Sister Maggie in DAREDEVIL Season 3

v5maFK8.jpg

There’s no official launch date for the third season of Marvel’s Daredevil on Netflix later this year but we now know that there’s some faith and maybe family love coming.

Wolf Hall alum Joanne Whalley is set to join the now Erik Oleson showrunner series Deadline has learned. If you saw the final episode of last year’s The Defenders with a bandaged Charlie Cox’s Man Without Fear injured but alive, you may have an idea of whom The White Princess vet is playing. Those last lines of the team-up show of “Get Maggie. Tell her he’s awake,” indicate that Season 3 of Daredevil is looking to draw from the beloved 1980s ‘Born Again’ story of the comics.

In that potential vein, Whalley is set to play the steel spined Sister Maggie in the upcoming new cycle of the Marvel series. In the particular Frank Miller penned Daredevil comics, Sister Maggie nurses Matt Murdock back to full strength. Oh, and she’s has a close family connection too in the comics – so that may be thrown into the small screen mix.

“We are big fans of Joanne’s work and are fortunate that someone of her caliber will be joining our already talented family,” said Marvel TV boss and Daredevil EP Jeph Loeb today of Whalley joining the cast with Cox, a returning Vincent D'Onofrio plus series regulars Deborah Ann Woll and Elden Henson. “Joanne is a rare talent and a terrific creative collaborator,” declared Oleson. “Watching her bring her role to life has the writers all pinching ourselves.”

Produced by Marvel TV with ABC Studios, Daredevil was the first of the NYC-based Marvel series to debut on the streaming service back on April 10, 2015. The third season of the series is EP’d by Loeb, The Man In The High Castle vet Olseon, Drew Goddard and Jim Chory.

‘Daredevil’ Adds Joanne Whalley as Sister Maggie For Season 3 Of Marvel & Netflix Series

Mehhhh, i hope it will be as good as the last seasons.

As much as i wanted to like the Punisher, i dont have the need to rewatch it as i do with Daredevil, but i fear Daredevil will be lackluster without Frank.

No, i did not have the hard on for the kingpin as the rest of you do.

bullseye is a must... in the same way they brought in frank in the last season only make slowly terrorize DD. maybe have fisk hire him to start going after other mob bosses and gang leaders and stuff DD always a step behind building to a bad ass fight at the end of the season.

Netflix dropped a teaser for the next season.

Anyone else kind of glad to see the ninja suit come back?

The full costume has a good mask but the body armor part is a bit busy.

Back