Dark alley, night, girl in bikini should be safe, agree?

VivaRevolution

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
So I was listening to the radio in the background, and a statement catches my ear.

Quote: "A women should be able to walk down a dark alley, at night, in a bikini, and feel safe."

Do you agree with this statement?

I dont agree, because I wouldn't feel safe walking down a dark alley, at night, wearing a bikini, or just pants too I guess.

Discuss......

Why would anyone argue they shouldn't be safe? That's a really fucked up position to take.

Of course they SHOULD be, but until we eliminate human beings, it will never really be that way. Just the reality of things.

why shouldnt they be able to feel safe? realistically thats not gonna happen, but i am curious why you say they shouldnt be able.

That is the debate then. Is it accurate to state something should be a certain way, when reality is so far away from that?

Also, is it fair to make this about sex, when no one would feel safe in that scenario?
It is accurate to say that, as it is for the good of us all to be that way. It gives a goal, even if it is not 100 percent attainable. I also feel it should not also be about a certain sex in general, because as you point out, you would not be safe doing it either. Chances are lower for you, but it's certainly not reaching to say your chances of attack shoot through the roof going through the alley dressed like that.

why shouldnt they be able to feel safe? realistically thats not gonna happen, but i am curious why you say they shouldnt be able.

I guess on multiple levels. One being the issue of making safety in a dark alley, a issue of female oppression. Also just the general absurdity that feeling safe in a dark alley, at night, where other people probably don't have alot of business being there, and with all kinds of little hiding spots behind garbage cans, and door ways, is rational.

I guess on multiple levels. One being the issue of making safety in a dark alley, a issue of female oppression. Also just the general absurdity that feeling safe in a dark alley, at night, where other people probably don't have alot of business being there, and with all kinds of little hiding spots behind garbage cans, and door ways, is rational.

those are all realistic reasons why they should feel fear taking that action. That is very different from the fact that people shouldnt have to feel afraid to walk down a dark alley.

No-one believes they shouldn't be safe. In an ideal world they/we would have a totally safe & free society all at once because everyone would act morally and responsibly. The problem is that in reality this doesn't happen, so you've got to make a trade off. Do you want a police state monitoring your every move, with cops in literally every single dark alley eating up tax dollars but guaranteeing your safety? Or do you want freedom/privacy with the need to exercise common sense + self responsibility?

"Feel" as safe as you want, but denying reality doesn't stop reality.

i mean, i wish people would be safe in that scenario, but i dont even feel safe walking down a sidewalk in the dark fully clothed.

theres a difference between a perfect world and the actual world we live in.

I think a girl who feels safe walking down a dark alley at night in a bikini is stupid as shit. Anyone who encourages girls to feel safe in such behavior in spite of current realities owns a portion of responsibility for her assault

You're taking an extreme example and extrapolating to other situations. Would you say women are more or less at risk walking alone at night? I can travel Eastern Europe alone without a single worry on my mind and encountering basically zero problems. It's absolutely not the same for women.

Sure but whats hes wearing is gonna have little impact on her safety anyway so...

Why would anyone argue they shouldn't be safe? That's a really fucked up position to take.

I guess I see it as someone saying they should be able to fly like superman. I agree, but that seems a bit absurd.

E
Of course they SHOULD be, but until we eliminate human beings, it will never really be that way. Just the reality of things.

Eliminate men

we really are the problem this forum is proof!!

You're taking an extreme example and extrapolating to other situations. Would you say women are more or less at risk walking alone at night? I can travel Eastern Europe alone without a single worry on my mind and encountering basically zero problems. It's absolutely not the same for women.

Ehhh, I'm not really going to argue the point, because I can't even give you context for this statement. It was a sound bite rundown for stories they were covering later.

I guess I see it as someone saying they should be able to fly like superman. I agree, but that seems a bit absurd.
They should be safe means it is a situation to strive for. An ideal goal. As a matter of principle and as a society we should take that position.

Back