Dark Souls 2: Scholar of the First Sin v2 - Git Gud Edition

Can't wait for ds3

I'm really late to the party on this game. I couldn't get into DS1 and never got around to play Demon Souls. Finished Bloodborne a while ago and picked SotFS up for the XB1 for cheap from Gamefly. Not sure why I couldn't get into DS1, but I haven't been able to put this down. Just finished up with the Fume Knight and got my ass handed to me by the Charred Knights protecting the Burnt Ivory King. Need to go and find the 3 Loyce Knights to seal the portals to stop the enemy spawns. After I beat this boss shouls unlock the Kings Blessing, then go hunt for a few missed items and optional bosses before I venture into NG+.

Super pumped now for DS3, so I guess that's one benefit from playing this so late is I only have to wait a few months for the last installment.

*edit*
Just checked some video and turns out it was Demon's Souls I couldn't get into, never played DS1. Definitely going to go and pick up a copy of DS1 to play before I start with DS3.

Last edited:
No i frames when using doors lol the b team really gave no fucks about the player

So after the release of Ds3, is Shrine of Amana still the hardest level ever? I think so.

So after the release of Ds3, is Shrine of Amana still the hardest level ever? I think so.
Yeah Amana really sucks. Upper Blighttown is pretty bad too, especially when the framerate goes single digits.

I didn't Amana to be hard, just time consuming. I poison arrowed everything, lol.

Part 2 of Valley of Defilement never fails to tear my ass to shreds.

Outside of the poison sr
I didn't Amana to be hard, just time consuming. I poison arrowed everything, lol.
Outside of the poison strat, its nearly impossible. The casters, drakekeepers, frog things and on top of that, cliffs out of nowhere. Boss is easy tho.

Outside of the poison sr

Outside of the poison strat, its nearly impossible. The casters, drakekeepers, frog things and on top of that, cliffs out of nowhere. Boss is easy tho.

Yeah if you aren't using poison it is fucking retarded

I'm amazed that speedrunners are able to make it through Amana. It usually takes a few tries and even then it's barely.

didn't they nerf Shrine of Amana really hard though?
I remember it being alot harder shortly after release but when I went through in Scholars of the first Sin it felt alot easier, because the casters didn't do as much damage as I remember. if you have a shield with decent magicdmg block you can almost ignore the spells completely.
those stupid cliffs are still bullshit though

didn't they nerf Shrine of Amana really hard though?
I remember it being alot harder shortly after release but when I went through in Scholars of the first Sin it felt alot easier, because the casters didn't do as much damage as I remember. if you have a shield with decent magicdmg block you can almost ignore the spells completely.
those stupid cliffs are still bullshit though
They nerfed the tracking on the caster spells I believe

Shrine of Amana isn't bad at all (it was hard my first playthrough, but since I haven't had any real issues with it). The expansion levels were all harder IMO. So was the stairs up the Dragon Shrine.

For all time I second the guy who said Valley of Defilement part 2. I loved that level because it made me think of all the dark fantasy swamps from things in the 80s and what not. But damn that level was hard.

So DSP Is playing this and I got banned and called out by him in his chat because he's powerstancing rapiers.

Chat tells him how to play the game and he ends up with OP shit that marginalizes the challenge of the game.

I'm starting to dislike him.

I will say using a rapier with leo ring drops the difficulty level of DS2 pretty low

I will say using a rapier with leo ring drops the difficulty level of DS2 pretty low
He's powerstancing them too, and maces. He's using speedrun strats to play through the game. Mobs are still killing him a bit but bosses are a joke.

Of course chat had him level adp to 20

I really wish they would do a reboot of DS1, best in the series. DS2 was a a little bit meh at times as it was so linear but the expansions were brilliant so all combined it was awesome. DS3 was good but I wanted it to be great and the expansions were so so.

BB rocked

On my first playthrough if ds2 currently.

Having a hard time with the Fume Knight.

I have his attacks pretty well worked out. Every mistake is just so costly. And opportunities to heal are slim.

Got through the ruin Sentinels after a bit of difficulty

Used the heavy armor. shield up .tank strategy with the help of the summon who shoots shit at them.

Last edited:
Back